@Amiti : Looking at your preferences I would like to comment some lines,
- Are you thinking of buying a car that will be driven by you & your wife; If so that you can opt for AT else simply choose a MT, that will be an added advantage since most MT has 3-4 kmpl mileage difference in actual Indian road & traffic condition.
- Think first of choosing between a Sedan
as each of the segment has its pros and cons.
- Choosing a Sedan
can give you a large boot and comfort, but maneuvering in City traffic will not be an ease.
- Choosing a Hatchback
, you will have to compromise on boot and little bit on comfort but maneuvering will be great in traffic and parking wont be a trouble.
- Well you might be surprised with the third part "Notchback" or simply you can say a 4 mtr sedan
. [MS Swift Dzire, Tata Indigo eCS, Honda Amaze]
. Here you will get a little more satisfaction of some more ltrs of boot. *
A big "?" on buying a Petrol
Considering your monthly run around 1000kms and a car giving 14kmpl, you budget comes for a petrol car is around Rs. 6000 per month and Rs. 70,000 a year. [This can be good decision point on buying P or D].
The other half, not buying a Diesel car is for its maintenance cost. So now a days both engine type requires almost equal maintenance. Diesel Motors are now smart enough!
Looking at your budget to spend, around 11 lacs, my suggestion would be, HatchBack :
- Fiat Punto 90HP [Diesel] [a powerful car with 15 inch tyres & a typical Italian design]
- Maruti Suzuki Swift [ZXi/ZDi] [a big dominator in this segment]
- Hyundai i20 Asta [Petrol/Diesel] [this will give you a luxury car features + optional sunroof]
- Renault Pulse [Top variant Diesel only] [You will love to drive this car, but ABS
- Volkswagen Cross Polo [A typical German car] NotchBack :
- Again Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire [ZDi] [a big dominator in this segment] Sedan :
- Ford Fiesta Classic [TDCi] [Best in class diesel car]
- Fiat Linea [a classic looking car, good for highway drives]
- Hyundai Verna [Diesel]
- Honda City [Petrol] [think of little bit on maintenance, but best in class petrol car]
Check out for Launch date of Maruti Suzuki Sx4 S-Cross
Above suggestion are as per my knowledge and research.