Maruti Suzuki Celerio ZXi (MT) or VXI (AT): Please Advice

Thread Starter #1
Hi,
I took the test drive of both AT and MT, I am little confused [confused]. My driving includes city rides and trips to my native place which is around 450 km away from Pune. While driving AT I found problem in acceleration and jerk [frustration]. Celerio ZXi (MT) has good features [clap]. Please suggest.

Thanks
Pankaj

If i were in your shoes I will go for MT.
I haven't done the test drive yet, but the feedback I got from the people who already did says about this jerking issue.
My car is Maruti Suzuki A-star MT. The one with the same 998cc 3cylinder engine, even this have noticeable vibrations so I wont go for Celerio AT.

The feature list and specifications of the ZXI outweigh the VXI any day. I would advise you to go for same unless you need an AT car.

Hi,
I took the test drive of both AT and MT, I am little confused [confused]. My driving includes city rides and trips to my native place which is around 450 km away from Pune. While driving AT I found problem in acceleration and jerk [frustration]. Celerio ZXi (MT) has good features [clap]. Please suggest.

Thanks
Pankaj
How frequently do you travel to your home town if most of your drive is in city especially Pune where driving has became big pain I would suggest go for AT, AT may have another advantage if you have some elderly people at home who wish to drive.

Thread Starter #6
. Would you please elaborate the problem faced.
Hi Sidd,
When I pressed the accelerator paddle little hard I got no response and hard jerk followed. this happened every time when tried for sudden acceleration.

How frequently do you travel to your home town if most of your drive is in city especially Pune where driving has became big pain I would suggest go for AT, AT may have another advantage if you have some elderly people at home who wish to drive.

4-5 times a year. I like the AT as its easy to drive in overcrowded, narrow Pune roads, only problem is jerk issue and features, Maruti not providing Body colored Mirror, Door handles and Remote lock, Music System in AT.

If i were in your shoes I will go for MT.
I haven't done the test drive yet, but the feedback I got from the people who already did says about this jerking issue.
My car is Maruti Suzuki A-star MT. The one with the same 998cc 3cylinder engine, even this have noticeable vibrations so I wont go for Celerio AT.
How is your experience with A-Star in terms of maintenance, FE, highway performance, Please share (as both have same engine)

Pankaj

The feature list and specifications of the ZXI outweigh the VXI any day. I would advise you to go for same unless you need an AT car.

Many thanks for your valuable inputs.[:)][:)]

Pankaj

I heard from Hyundai Sales person that Technology used in Celerio AT is 20 years old, Experts please advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone who has driven MT all his life would face issues initially while driving an AT. The jerky part will vanish once you get used to the driving. AMT is a new technology especially for india and in near future you will see more and more car companies adding this option in their existing and new cars,

If you want the pleasure of clutch less driving then Celerio AMT VXi is a good option. The gizmos and all you can anyways add on. Maruti is going to come with value packs for accessories for VXI AMT.

How is your experience with A-Star in terms of maintenance, FE, highway performance, Please share (as both have same engine)

Pankaj
I brought my car A-star Vxi in 2009 April So its going to be 5years old in a couple of months.

Talking about Maintenance.
*Running with the stock battery.(With 100/90watts H/L and 55Watts FogLamp)
*During 30k kms regular service, did steering overhaul as an extra work.(it costed approx 1k extra)
*My IAC valve got complaint. It was after the engine cabin wash by MASS @ 30k regular service. So I strongly suspect its because their mistake. But still it costs me Rs. 2.8k for replacing it.
*Yearly regular service charges use to be around Rs.4k.

FE
Initially I had problems with my cars FE. I use to get only about 13kmpl.
(But later understood this car should be revved for the better performance and mileage)
*Now my average petrol mileage is around 15.8-17.7kmpl (Mostly 60%city+40%Highway+40%AC)
*Highway mileage with 3 people on board without AC got 22+Kmpl.

Highway Performances
*Very Sporty. 70-120kmph This is the speed region where I always use to be in highways depending up on the traffic. Good handling, very peppy and very confident zone. Beyond 120 I feel brakes are not that great.
*I pushed a maximum of 140kmph when it was a complete stock car in a fine early morning on an empty road. It will go even more but I myself slowed it down.

Upgrades
* NGK Iridium Plugs
* K&N Stock replacement Filter.
* Mobil1 Fully Synthetic engine oil 5W-30
* Michelin Tyre 175/70/R13 (changing to wider tyres gives better handling and stabilty)

I took the test drive of AMT last week and found NO jerk while gear change. I am driving AT car from last 13 years (Zen, Honda City) and looking for replacement for my 16 years old Zen AT. If you compare AT with AMT then you feel little pause when gear change in AMT. But if you compare MT and AMT then the jerk is psychological. In MT when you change the gear then you press the clutch and shift the gear. During this activity you fully involve in this and don’t realize that pause which others saying jerk in Celerio AMT.

Top Bottom