Suggestions Invited For My New Sedan

Thread Starter #1
Hello all,
I'm just inviting your valuable suggestions to decide on my new car.
I'm looking for a Petrol Sedan. I sorted down to Rapid Petrol MY14 and ANHC Petrol.
The difference between the Skoda Rapid Ambition+ and it's counter part in ANHC is around 1 lakhs.(ANHC is costlier)
Is there any technical problems known on skoda rapid petrol?

Anyone suggest on this?

thanks

Re: Suggestions welcome on my new car

If you are in search for petrol car then close your eyes and go for the ANHC only, despite of higher cost.
In that additional cost you'll get or can consider as a +ve's of ANHC,

- Fuss free ownership with peace of mind in almost all aspects.
- Fuel Efficiency
- Bullet proof IVTEC petrol engine
- Very supportive handling in city and on highways
- In new model you can get many features
- Safety package come with car
- More leg room at rear, almost flat floor which is welcome for 3rd occupant
- Most reliable brand in India.

-ve's
- Higher waiting period as compere to Rapid
- Low seating can be a problem to old members in family
- Didn't solid as the Rapid or Vento

So considering above points you can easily afford that price difference.
For more info you can follow identical thread on the same.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...suggest-new-petrol-car-within-9-lakh-otr.html

Skoda after sales are going to be a problem . Honda have better after sales , better engine ,better interior quality . Dont look at 1 lakh difference as if you buy Rapid you will regret in one or other aspect .

Skoda spare parts are costly eg. single power window `s motor of the old octy costs 15000 INR. Also ASS is poor. Don't get surprised if they keep car there for one or two weeks for stupid repairs which otherwise take hardly a day.
So 1 lakh spared on skoda today, they would siphon off it sooner or later.

Close your eyes and book a Honda City. You will never regret this choice. The best petrol engine + good equipment levels + up to date with everything you want from a PROPER sedan. Good resale value, better service centres than Skoda (anyday). The 2014 city is here to replace both the 2013 City and Civic, so you can understand how much of homework the company would have done to launch this car.

Although some Honda cars really didnt click on sales (like Jazz) their cars are always good and usually better than the competition.

Honda scores low only on chassis and handling when compared to say Vento/Rapid DIESEL 1.6

If it is Petrol, if your budget is 10 - 15lacs, if you wish to own a car where you open bonnet once in 6 months, that too only at service center = HONDA CITY.

Last edited by a moderator:

With the new honda city, this is practically a no brainer. Rapid though a good car stands no chance.
GET THE HONDA.[clap]

stay with honda. skoda has a lot left to prove in after sales and service,cost of ownership and reliability. my freind has a previous generation honda city( not the new one) before 3 months and he has a new girl freind now.

he has x(single digit number) number of girl friends. he never dumps a girl. he just adds a new one.[evil]

Dear PMC,

I admit that 2014 HC is drool worthy in looking, but if you love driving please TD Ford Classic 1.6.It is cheaper but costlier to run due to poor FE.

Switch off your ICE and just start listening the music of NA 1.6 @ 3500 rpm.

regards,

Roy

ANHC should be your best bet. Eventhough its a lakh costlier , its definitely worth the extra space, equipment list and reliability it offers. And its hard to miss the sweet revving i-Vtec too. Apart from build quality, its overall a better package than rapid.

If you like the pure feeling of driving ecstasy, then Fiat Linea is still ahead of all the sedans. The Fiat Linea TJet will beat the pants out of all the cars in its category for its sheer solidity and driving pleasure, Honda City included.
My suggestion is look beyond gadgets and gizmos- and Linea Tjet has those too in plenty, especially the 2014 model with the all new dashboard. It has 114 horses and 207NM torque, which is the segment best- even beating some D-segment sedans like the Corolla.

The mileage is a solid 12+ on city roads and over 14-15 plus on highways depending on driving style. But you wont get such a safe solid feeling in any other car..

21000kms of pure bliss with absolutely no issues whatsoever for my Linea TJet.

Last edited:

Top Bottom