Safari Storme or Nissan Terrano

Thread Starter #1
Hi ,

I am planning to book an SUV by next week [:)]
I have two options :
Safari Storme EX and Nissan Terrano XL Petrol .
Really confused which one to choose .[confused]
I have a monthly 300 km run both in City and in Highway .
Friends please suggest which is good option in ride quality ,
in comfort , in maintenance.

Terrano has a better ride quality than Storme,I would say there is no vehicle with such a brilliant suspension this side of 30 lakhs.I wanted to buy it but the unavailability of an automatic version has left me disappointed.

both the cars have their pros and cons. Safari storme is like a legacy. Tata has transformed storme into a real beast taking care of all the niggles from the dicor. storme has awesome interiors. it's a heavy vehicle. has high power. Terrano is a smaller car. it's a compact suv. storme is a full grown one. storme has a lesser fuel efficiency when compared to terrano obviously because of its massive size, weight and power. I suggest you to carefully weight the advantages and disadvantages.

If you want a fullblown SUV it is storme. EX is the best variant in storme Absolutely value for money. Terrano is pretty much like duster. Its a compact SUV. When you say petrol the ride quality would be completely different WRT to Diesel mill. Its not a apple to apple comparision hence cannot comment as each vehicle has its pluses and minuses.

Its for you to decide which one to go for.

I am a Storme owner for the past six months. I am absolutely in love with my beast. Have driven it in the narrowest of the roads of Hyderabad, with utmost ease. What I have observed is you get respect from bystanders and others on road. Its been pleasure driving the beast.
If you want to know Tata ASS? Well its been more than satisfactory with their attitude and attention they give you.

Thread Starter #11
If your options are limited to those then I would recommend Terrano petrol top trim. As like others said you didn't mention your budget then that leads to a long running list of SUVs[:D]. Can you please elaborate your requirements.
Petrol or Diesel does not matter .
Average run per month is 300 km .
My budget is 12 - 13 lakhs .
I need comfort driving , also good comfort for passengers.
Good Accelaration always , less maintenance , trouble free.

I have not driven Terrano or Duster, so cannot comment on the ride quality and comfort.
But Storme have great comfy seats for both driver and passengers. Please test drive both with your family and check what suits you best.

Have you checked XUV? Initial niggles are all sorted now IMO, But ride quality is bit stiffer than Storme. That's it, but you get safety features even in lowest trim.

As per my test drive I felt XUV better than Safari storm in terms of body roll and comfort level. I felt storm is good if you sit back and it is chaffeur driven. But Terrano's ride quality and suspension stands unique and its a pleasure. I too need to book the car within this month. Did you checked about after sales service of Nissan?

As per my test drive I felt XUV better than Safari storm in terms of body roll and comfort level. I felt storm is good if you sit back and it is chaffeur driven. But Terrano's ride quality and suspension stands unique and its a pleasure. I too need to book the car within this month. Did you checked about after sales service of Nissan?
Hi, I am also in same boat.Need to decide Between duster and terrano but not sure of nissan ASS. Have you been offered any discounts?

Last edited:

Top Bottom