Hyundai Grand i10 Vs Toyota Etios Liva

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I need your help to decide which car to buy.

I have narrowed down my search to "Grand i10" Vs "Etios Liva".

I will be driving around 1000-1200km per month.

Thanks
Rohit

Hi,

I need your help to decide which car to buy.

I have narrowed down my search to "Grand i10" Vs "Etios Liva".

I will be driving around 1000-1200km per month.

Thanks
Rohit
Welcome to TAI, Rohit! With your monthly run, resale value, I would recommend Diesel car. If you plan to keep your car for relatively longer time period, even if diesel price deregulation happens, you would be in an advantageous position by buying a Diesel car.

Now, why are you narrowing down to Grand i10 and Etios Liva? Toyota Etios is not a good car with worse interior, high NVH. Also, no. of ASS of Toyta is not high, so you will be at the mercy of one/two ASS. Not good. Hence Grand i10 would be preferable since Hyundai's ASS is good. But, Hyundai cars are not VFM, and higher maintenance cost. But, if you ask me choose between them, I will have to buy Grand i10.

Why don't you consider Tata Indica Vista? With Fiat engine under the hood, it's a real fun to drive. Also, you will get highest number of features and Tatas have changed a lot now-a-days. In an essence, Tata Indica Vista would be the best buy!

Thread Starter #4
@ Sambit: Frankly speaking I hate indica vista.....so will not go for the same...as you said other options are also available instead of grand i10 and Liva. Could you suggest best option other these cars (viz grand i10, Liva and Vista).

Exterior Design : Grand i10 > Liva
Interiors: Grand i10 > Liva
Engine: Liva >> Grand i10
City Performance: Liva =~ Grand i10
Highway Performance: Liva > Grand i10
Resale Value: Grand i10 > Liva
Maintenance cost: Grand i10 > Liva (Liva is better)
Engine: Liva > Grand i10 (Toyoto's are known for deisels absolutely less maintenance)
Space : Liva > Grand i10

Overall: Its your choice both are good cars in there own way
Toyoto is Boring and highly reliable
where as Grand i10 new kid with Feel good factor

Source: I own Grand i10

If you wait for some more time say 6 Months.
Add Tata Bolt into list i think it will storme market

Last edited by a moderator:
Grand10 is the best among your options coolestguy. The build quality of etios is pathetic for the car in this segment. If you are considering vista then thats a good option too.

CELERIO is global replacement for AStar and hence spacewise is no match for Grandi10. Also no diesel option.
When comparing between Liva and Grand i10, if you are looking for more creature comfort etc. go for the Hyundai. But engine performance, long term running cost etc. , you need to consider the Liva (considering diesel option). True that its interiors are inferior to the Grand, but it has a rock solid engine and toyota reliability to stand upon.

Thread Starter #9
Thanks everyone for their prompt reply/advice. I have one more doubt. What all things ( like accessories, freebies, manufacturing year etc) should be negotiated with the dealer while making the final payment.
As I am going to purchase my first car so I dont have any idea/ information about them. Kindly also let me know if any other precautions is to be taken care.

Thanks everyone for their prompt reply/advice. I have one more doubt. What all things ( like accessories, freebies, manufacturing year etc) should be negotiated with the dealer while making the final payment.
As I am going to purchase my first car so I dont have any idea/ information about them. Kindly also let me know if any other precautions is to be taken care.
Yes, please be clear in what are the discounts before you pay the money. No matter how hard you bargain , you will get nothing after paying. So, please get a written list of things you will get with the car(or whatever they promise orally), and also try getting some discount on the Insurance , may be 1 year free insurance ?.

And about the comparison, if you are going to take your car on Highway, go for the Liva, if it is all about City driving, i10 makes more Sense hands down. But in either case, please Test Drive not only these 2 cars, but also all the other cars which will fall into your budget. You will have a better Idea about what you really want and like. It would also be a good Idea to take a TAIger from your area for the TD and negotiations.

Jeno

I am not sure of your budget, but you can consider Figo (Diesel) too. I was in the same dilemma about a year back and Figo turned out to be the winner (vs Liva and others).

One year down the line, I can tell you I have no regrets. Consider the Figo if you like driving and also since you possibly can bargain more.

Top Bottom