> Monthly Running: 1000 Kms could be less

> Type of Fuel: Petrol

> For What Purpose: For Parents hence usage will be lesser

> Seating Capacity: Max 5

> Type of Segment: hatchback

Awaiting Response

Thanks,
Venkat

There are many options in the price range.
By the way, have you driven/narrowed down your choice to any cars?

Ritz or Grand i10 is car for your parents
Since you are looking for safety i am sure you wont get Air bags or ABS at this price point.
Stretch 30 or 40 k you will get safety too

If resale wont bother you Liva is another car with tons of space to consider.

Last edited:
@TurboZone I beg to differ, the Ritz is such a ripoff! And the Liva suspension is very ineffective. But the i10 Grand is a pretty good car!

Why not the brand new Celerio? It's very cheap to run because of it's fuel efficiency and 800cc engine (Same as Alto 800) and the auto transmission will be very convenient for your parents!
Also, you can afford the top (Zxi) model with the optional Airbags and ABS and still have 0.5 lakh to spare! [;)]

You have three things to keep costs low - hatchback, petrol and a lavish budget of 5.5 L. I would suggest you to wait for some time since many new cars are getting launched this year. Tata cars are good with no nigges now-a-days and hence I would suggest you to go for Tata Bolt.

BTW, if you are not ready to wait, what about Tata Vista GVX? Great VFM. Within your budget you will get music system with Aux, Bluetooth, SD Card reader, Blue-5 Tech, Steering-mounted audio-control, Navigation system (works very well in my Manza), Lots of space, good interior, ABS + EBD, Driver's side Seat-Belt warning Buzzer and what not! My friend has Petrol Manza who is very happy with his car (mine is Diesel). So engine is good and he is using the same for last 4+ yrs.

If you don't want the Tata name and also not comfortable with Tata Petrol (Tata Diesel is undoubtedly great), go for Maruti Swift ZXi (you may have to stretch your budget for 10k-20k).

If I were you, I would have bought Swift ZXi. Maruti's good ASS sservicce network will help you. Till date Maruti cars are retaining good resale value, but going down the line I think all petrol cars will loose resale value (Nano is also becoming diesel [surprise]). Hyundai cars are very costly and hence I won't talk about them at all! (Tata Vista/Swift are comparable with i20 - quite costly).

Due to poor ASS network, I won't recommend any brand except Maruti/Tata/Hyundai (Hyundai is for riches only). Chevy has good network but who knows when Chevy will become another Opel of GM tomorrow! If that happens maintenance will be very high, no resale value and every horror stories will become true.

Why not the brand new Celerio? It's very cheap to run because of it's fuel efficiency and 800cc engine (Same as Alto 800) and the auto transmission will be very convenient for your parents!
Also, you can afford the top (Zxi) model with the optional Airbags and ABS and still have 0.5 lakh to spare! [;)]
I guess you not informed right.

Celerio comes with K10 (990 CC) engine same used in Wagon R, A Star and Estilo.
It has AMT (Automated Manual Transmission)

The top end ZXI(o) does not have AMT and costs 6 lacs plus OTR.

Ritz would be a great choice.
Wagon-R has some good qualities like
90 degree wide opening doors
great leg and head room
no bump in the centre of the rear cabin (leg area)
but it won't suit you as rear seat can't comfortably seat 5 (tight squeeze) and the 1L engine may disappoint you sometimes. Ritz would be ideal option.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
Thanks all for the View.

Plz let me the cars from choose
Nissan Micra
Ritz
Celerio
Cheve - Sail UV

Thanks,
Venkat

Thanks all for the View.

Nissan Micra
Ritz
Celerio
Cheve - Sail UV

Thanks,
Venkat
Good that you are zeroing down from many options available today. [;)]

Carwise, Chevy Sail UV is the best, in a sence any Chevy car is the best in the segment, but maintenance might be a problem later since Chevy changes their models too often without reaching a sizeable saless volume which results into parts unavailibility, higher maintenance cost goinf down the line. Also, if GM does the same with Chevy what they did with Opel, god can only save you. You won't be able to find a buyer even. This is the reason why Chevy balance sheet is still looking odd today!

Nissan ASS etc will be not much in numbers and you won't get a wider network. So better not to go for Nissan et. al.

Maruti cars are good with low maintenance cost and quick parts availibility, all of us know. So I would suggest you to consider between Ritz and Celerio.

Both are good cars. Anything you can buy whichever your heart says. If I were you, I would have bought Ritz since Celerio needs some time to prove it in market (I am over-conservative, I know [:)]).

I guess you not informed right.

Celerio comes with K10 (990 CC) engine same used in Wagon R, A Star and Estilo.
It has AMT (Automated Manual Transmission)

The top end ZXI(o) does not have AMT and costs 6 lacs plus OTR.

The Celerio engine reportedly has a few minor variations compared to the one in the WagonR, A-Star and Estilo, (probably in an attempt to increase fuel efficiency, power and torque output curves are quite different) they are not exactly the same.

You're right about the Zxi not having AMT (Although it's very strange), but it costs only 4.9 lakh Ex-Showroom!
But if he gets the Vxi AMT he will not get Airbags and ABS! (Which is 4.6 lakh Ex-Showroom)

Who at Suzuki decided to make customers make such a choice and why?!

Thanks all for the View.

Nissan Micra
Ritz
Celerio
Cheve - Sail UV

Thanks,
Venkat
I wouldn't suggest the Chevy, too many issues we have already mentioned in this thread!

Sambit is right about the problems with the Micra Service Network.

Ritz is officially overpriced compared to the Celerio now [;)]
I think Celerio, or why not wait a few months and look at the new Tata offerings as well?

Hii
You must consider other cars also . Take a look at Honda Brio or Wagon-R . Liva and Figo are also good options .

Brio may not be comfortable for elders.
Pathetic thigh support for rear passengers and low setting of car make it not an favorable option

Liva has bad suspension, Figo is expensive to run, WagonR is not spacious enough for 5 passengers and the maintenance costs of Brio will make you bankrupt!

You could go for Wagon-R Vxi or i10, since you mentioned the car will be used by your father, he might find either of these comfortable as the ingress/egress is easy and drivability in cities is decent, fuel efficient enough to do daily errands.

Could try for Celerio A/T if budget and needs permits, it seems like a good buy to me.

And the maintenance costs of Brio will make you bankrupt!
Any bitter experiences? AFAIK Honda service is good enough for an individual to maintain.

Top Bottom