Good day!. One of my neighbours has lancer glxd(diesel) 1998 model grey color. I have taken the test drive and felt good. Engine seems smooth and drive was comfortable.
The Positives and features are
1. Has alloy wheels and tubeless tires (seems releatively new tires too)
2. Good music system with amplifier
3. No vibrations (of engine) inside the engine bay and no vibrations inside the cabin too.
4. Powersteering and 4 power windows
4. He quoted the millage as 18KMPL (not sure if lancer really gives) on highways.
5. I felt comfortable when i took test drive
The other sides are
1. The engine ran around 1.14L kms
2. Windshied has a cracks in it.
3. when AC is switched on, the rpm is going above 2
4. RC papers have expired but he said he will get it done and give me if i am willing to take.
5. He bought the car around 1.5 years back.
6. He is quoting 1.6L(Neg) for the car.
Other than this i didn`t find any issues.
My daily drive will be around 60Kms per day.
Can you guys please suggest me
If it is a good decision to go for lancer?
How will be the maintainance of it?
Are parts so costly?
what would be lancer millage in city.
Since he is known to our family since i was kid, i am having some positive opinion on the car.
I am totally confused. can you guys help me