Buying a 2014 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

I am contemplating to buy a 2014 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ.

Recently did a test drive and the 'Diesel Rocket' is indeed a Rocket. Infact this was and is THE only car i test drove. Post the test drive, all other options were thrown off the discussion..!!

So, now moreless it is finalized that if there is a car coming, its going to be a Cruze.
However, what i didnt like were the stock JK tyres. Any suggestions to which tyre should it be upgraded to?

Re: 2014 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ

Chevy has wonderful stable of cars right from Spark to Cruze. However it is losing steam in Indian market and gives a feeling it might also fade off like Opel.

Hi All,

I am contemplating to buy a 2014 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ.

Recently did a test drive and the 'Diesel Rocket' is indeed a Rocket. Infact this was and is THE only car i test drove. Post the test drive, all other options were thrown off the discussion..!!

So, now moreless it is finalized that if there is a car coming, its going to be a Cruze.
However, what i didnt like were the stock JK tyres. Any suggestions to which tyre should it be upgraded to?
Cruze is definitely a good car but any reason why only Cruze?

You have couple of other options available as well in the market. Do look at them as well.

Regarding tire noise check out bridgestone and continental tires.

Thread Starter #4

Cruze is definitely a good car but any reason why only Cruze?

You have couple of other options available as well in the market. Do look at them as well.

Regarding tire noise check out bridgestone and continental tires.
I have been drooling over the Cruze for quiet some time and the test drive was the final nail.
I often go on long drives and needed a power horse for the highway;Hence the Cruze [:)]

Nice choice ! Cruze is a great machine. A performer .Are you upgrading? Current car?
Any other car comparison you did? (Actually nothing compares!).
Problem area is the service !(Especially in Bangalore ,Chevy lost to competitors because of bad service set up).

Thread Starter #6
Nice choice ! Cruze is a great machine. A performer .Are you upgrading? Current car?
Any other car comparison you did? (Actually nothing compares!).
Problem area is the service !(Especially in Bangalore ,Chevy lost to competitors because of bad service set up).
I currently drive a Swift Vdi and a Santro and now it is time for the Santro to retire. Hence we thought of buying a new car. Keeping Bangalore traffic into consideation, we first thought of going for a hatch back, but then post several discussions we thought of buying a sedan.
I did not have any other car in my Target segment. Lame it may sound[roll], but I was eying the Cruze since a long time. So finally. CRUZE it is!
Expected to get my hands on the Beauty by the end of this Month [:D]

Also, try TD new Octavia 1.4Tsi if you are open to petrol. Its fun to drive and also VFM too. Eventhough it lacks additional power compared to cruze, it is adequate for most conditions.

But, if you love Cruze then let it be. Its one of the best offering from Chevrolet.

Thread Starter #9
Also, try TD new Octavia 1.4Tsi if you are open to petrol. Its fun to drive and also VFM too. Eventhough it lacks additional power compared to cruze, it is adequate for most conditions.

But, if you love Cruze then let it be. Its one of the best offering from Chevrolet.
Thanks Karthick.. The Rocket has been booked. Expected to get teh delivery by End of this month

Thread Starter #10
does new cruze has DPF(Diesel particulate filter)? may be a headache later.
I believe yes, the Cruze does have a DPF. However till date have not heard too many people complaining about it. I would keep my fingers crossed on this front [;)]

Its a rocket and no doubt about it.As IR said, your heart was on it and you bought it.Enjoy the machine and looking forward to see the owneship thread soon.
Can you share more about the variant you choosed, shade, deal you got on your car?

Thread Starter #13
You had your heart set on it and you bought it, its as simple as that - enjoy many a miles and hoping to see an ownership review shortly [thumbsup]
Its a rocket and no doubt about it.As IR said, your heart was on it and you bought it.Enjoy the machine and looking forward to see the owneship thread soon.
Can you share more about the variant you choosed, shade, deal you got on your car?
Well yes, I had my heart on it and i went ahead with it[:)]

I have booked a Caviar Black LTZ MT although it might be a pain in the bumper to bumper traffic of bangalore. Also given the fact that the Cruze has some amount of turbo lag; but i guess I am more of a clutch guy. Maintaining a Black car is again going to be another challenge.But then i have always kept all my rides spick-n-span.

Have booked it via CSD, hence there is a considerable amount which I have saved.
I also plan to take the Insurance from outside as I have heard that the insurance offered by the dealer is much higher.
Any tips on that.

I have booked a Caviar Black LTZ MT although it might be a pain in the bumper to bumper traffic of bangalore. Also given the fact that the Cruze has some amount of turbo lag; but i guess I am more of a clutch guy. Maintaining a Black car is again going to be another challenge.But then i have always kept all my rides spick-n-span.
Nice to know you have booked the car,my friend had one in the common colour we expect here in Bangalore that is white. But yes looks classy in black.
As for turbo lag in traffic it was not that bad in the 5 speed variant,but what you will be getting is the 6 speed with diff ratios so does not seem a worry,also they previous grey leather got easily dirty & the darker leather you get now will make things easier.
The ground clearance is sometimes a complain but you cant blame the car its more to do with Indian roads.
Yes the tires could have been better,i suggest you wear them about until 15 to 20000 km to see if you need better or you can google around a bit on tire choices & swap them when brand new so you can save money.Just get something a cm wide dont change the tire wall height or you can look at same size tire with grippy rubber but less tire life.

How many km"s of usage are you expecting in a year from the car?

Thread Starter #15
Yes the tires could have been better,i suggest you wear them about until 15 to 20000 km to see if you need better or you can google around a bit on tire choices & swap them when brand new so you can save money.Just get something a cm wide dont change the tire wall height or you can look at same size tire with grippy rubber but less tire life.

How many km"s of usage are you expecting in a year from the car?
Thanks Prads. Yes I have heard that the stock JK vectras are not as good as the car demends. Plan to upgrade them to Conti's or Bridgestone if budget allows.
My daily drive is approx 30Km and a few outstation trips once a month. hence in a nutshell approx 10 to 11000 KM a year

Top Bottom