Originally Posted by vishalkanv
I have posted this message thrice, hopefully I am on a right thread and will get my answers here. I own a Maruti Esteem 2001 Model. I am always fescinated by the fact of owning a Tata Safari, I cannot go for a new one as my pocket doesn't allow that as of now.
Here is the deal I have 2002 Model, Black Colour, Odo :- 1.35 Lakh and price tag is 1.3. What should I keep in Mind to get the deal finalized and is price tag genuine?
P.S :- I have the pics too, let me know, if would like to have a look.
I don't see much issues. However, take a note of the following points:
1. It's a 12 yr old car, so after 3 yrs you have to get fitness certificate from RTO, pay road tax + registration. I think re-registration is required for 15+ yrs old car. Too much of extra work waiting for you.
2. If you sell after 2 yrs, no need to worry. You would get at least 80k without negotiating with your buyer. So you will loose only around 55k for 2 yrs. Very nice! Tata cars are having extremely good resale value for 2nd/3rd hand buyers. One of my friends sold a Manza with a gain of 10k after 3 yrs of usage since he bought 2nd hand Manza. So he proved to us that car is an appreciating asset.
3. As all used car buyers, you have to be extra cautious in the transaction as other members have already pointed out. This is not
a concern any ways.
4. If your running is not too high, I don't see much issues. By too high I mean that most of the people are not as eccentric as me to go for arnd 2,000 km (yes, two thousand km, not a typo) of long drive.
5. Let me assume that you got a bad car by paying 1.3 L. Now, go to TASS, spend as much as money they want to make your car bring to nearly new condition. How much would they charge you? Of course, less than 1 L. So you will get a very good car in less than 2.3 L.
I would say go for with your eyes closed.