Looking For a New Sedan / Premium Hatchback

Thread Starter #1
Looking for a new car with a budget of 7-8 lakhs in Goa. Monthly running would be less than 1000kms. Safety, Comfort, Low Maintenance are priorities.Ready to wait till April.

My options are amongst the following:

Hyundai Grand i10 sedan as I have test driven grand i10 hatchback and absolutely loved the comfort and city drive. We hardly do highway drives.But in case we do need a big boot so opting for a compact sedan
Volkswagen Polo : My only concern is ASS and maintenance.
Ford Figo/Swift/Swift dzire are too common.
Not in favor of Honda City because of its length.

If you are looking at compact sedan, How about Honda amaze i-Vtec petrol - spacious, decent boot size and also compact. You never knew that its sub 4m car when you are inside.
My suggestions for premium hatches would be :
Fiat Punto
Polo Tsi(expensive ard 9L but great engine&gearbox)

Thread Starter #3
If you are looking at compact sedan, How about Honda amaze i-Vtec petrol - spacious, decent boot size and also compact. You never knew that its sub 4m car when you are inside.
My suggestions for premium hatches would be :
Fiat Punto
Polo Tsi(expensive ard 9L but great engine&gearbox)
Thanks..Honda amaze was on my list but because of its dashboard and plain interiors I dropped it.
Fiat Punto seems to be good. I love POLO but I am only hesitating because of the reviews provided by volkswagen owners with regard to after sales service.

Isn't hyundai grand i10 a good option?

Isn't hyundai grand i10 a good option?
grand i10 is good if you like sedate driving. It gives a bit of luxury, but in no way it is a fun car and i have my doubts on its highway manners.

Also grand i10 is a level below polo/punto.

for premium feel why dont you try i20? and if you are looking for features/luxury/value for money, even vista is a nice option. (Fingers crossed on falcon 4 though due to get launched on feb 3)

Thread Starter #5
grand i10 is good if you like sedate driving. It gives a bit of luxury, but in no way it is a fun car and i have my doubts on its highway manners.

Also grand i10 is a level below polo/punto.

for premium feel why dont you try i20? and if you are looking for features/luxury/value for money, even vista is a nice option. (Fingers crossed on falcon 4 though due to get launched on feb 3)
i have heard that Grand i10 has a much better ride quality than i20 especially with regard to suspension.I havent driven an i20 but i did take a test drive of grandi10 and i simply loved it

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
grand sedan launch is just a week away. look at the concept images.
Hyundai-Grand-i10-Sedan.jpg
anyways what you heard is true. suspension and handling in grand i10 is better than the i20 and even the verna ( many users have reported this. )

i think the feel of the car will be most likely the same if compared to the hatchback.

Grand i10 and its Sedan version are good choices for you.

Else you can consider Polo HL, Swift Zxi, Micra XV (or CVT).

Thread Starter #8
grand sedan launch is just a week away. look at the concept images.
View attachment 123490
anyways what you heard is true. suspension and handling in grand i10 is better than the i20 and even the verna ( many users have reported this. )

i think the feel of the car will be most likely the same if compared to the hatchback.
Thanks for the pic..Shall wait for the launch

Grand i10 and its Sedan version are good choices for you.

Else you can consider Polo HL, Swift Zxi, Micra XV (or CVT).
Thanks..Micra is also a good option..

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom