Hyundai Grand i10 Asta (O) Petrol or VW Polo 1.2 Highline Petrol?

Thread Starter #1
Which car to buy - Hyundai Grand i10 Asta (O) Petrol or VW Polo 1.2 Highline Petrol?

After a lot of deliberation i have narrowed down to 2 cars - the Hyundai Grand i10 Asta(O) Petrol and VW Polo 1.2 Highline Petrol (even though they belong to kind of different segments).I mainly looking for a car for city use with occasional trips on the highway. Here are my thoughts so far on the two.

Hyundai Grand i10

- nice looks
- feature packed
- looks decent to drive in city, however couldn't test it on the highways during test drive.

VW polo

- superb build quality
- VW brand name
- couldn't test the car in the city as the showroom is situated on the outskirts

As far as budget is concerned, both are almost in the same price band, the polo being slightly expensive by 60 k.

Can you please help me in choosing the right car?

In between these two cars i will suggest Grand i10 unless you are a fan of German beauty.
I myself was looking at polo but due to lack of space and bad ASS(which i heard from many VW owners) i changed my decision. Also maintenance will be slightly expensive for VW.
For petrol you can also think of Brio or Swift. Also if you have some time wait for new Jazz.

Grandi10 has more space, slightly better mileage, more powerful engine, better ASS and more features than Polo.
Polo has better build, bigger boot and ride quality will be marginally better.

Still I would recommend you to have couple of more test drives and then arrive at a conclusion.

VW Polo is costlier & more expensive to maintain compared to i10.
On highways, polo would really impress you more than the Grand i10 but I feel the i10 Grand would be better to drive in the city considering its dimensions.

Regarding ASS, I didn't face any issue with them. It actually depends from dealer to dealer & its location specific.
I would recommend you to do a thorough test drive of both the vehicles & then decide.

Polo if you want the build quality but space is an issue even ingress/egress feels difficult for me. But the ride and handling is very mature. Grand i10 is an all rounder which excels in space, interior quality, feature list. Since , the car will be used primarily in city then I would suggest Grand i10. However, spend sometime in both the cars for front and rear seating comfort and decide.

Go for grand i10 as in long term its less expensive & have good features & engine is also good in power delivery, Polo is also good but expensive to maintain.

Top Bottom