Dealer Gave June Car Instead of Promised Oct '13 Car

Thread Starter #1
I booked a VW Vento 1.6 Petrol Highline on 21 Dec 2013 under the Fully Loaded offer. After the final negotiations, I was offered to be provided with a fresh car manufactured after Oct 2013 and was asked to complete the payments in Dec itself. Due to some personal reason I had planned to take the Car Delivery only in the month of Feb 2014.
However, today, I have received the AMC Booklet 1.5 for Loan Account NO 20131044502 from VW Finance; which bears the Chassis No WVWF13607DT068588 and Engine No. CLS094936.

When I searched further on decoding the Chassis Number; I understand that the fourth character “F” stand for the month of June and the fifth and the sixth characters resemble the year which is “13”. This means that though I was entitled and conveyed to be getting the latest car of 2013 for the booking done in Dec 2013; I am still being offered a car manufactured in June 2013.

I am supposed to be taking the delivery of the car in first week of February 2014 for a VW car which was manufactured almost 7 months back L
The Dealer still maintains that a fresh car is being delivered to be me as VW delivered the June 2013 car to the Dealer only in the month of Oct 2013.
All settlements are now done and it seems that the car is already assigned and allotted in my name.
I would really like to hear from you on what are my options and how to take this further[frustration]

Re: Dealer gave Jun car instead of promissed Oct 13 car

If the car has not been registered with the RTO in your name, I would advice to ask the dealer for a recently manufactured car, maybe a October-November made vehicle. As a customer you have all the right to demand and till the time you are not completely satisfied, don't go ahead with the deal. A vehicle lying in the yard for over 6 months may have developed some rusting at places, though should not be a deal breaker but a recently manufactured vehicle would surely give you more peace of mind.

VIN number is based on date of manufacture, not on date of delivery to the dealer. Like many other dealers this one too is trying to cheat unsuspecting customers.
My advice, straightaway reject the car. Email your concern to the dealer, to VW customercare, to VW regional sales representatives, and let them know why you are not interested to take delivery of this car. To everyone who you think might be related to this issue.
Dont let the dealers get away with such cheap tactics.
At the end the dealer will offer you either of the two ways:
1. Offer you a recent manufactured car. OR
2. Offer more discount on this car. This option will subject to your satisfaction at PDI of the car.

As GM88 said if car has not been register with RTO you can surely ask for fresh car and it's possible also to allot you a fresh car because this allotment process is only refer to the customer, company and dealer only. It's not related with RTO till registration and payment of taxes.

Welcome to the dealers tricks. You have some options as below.
1)Its not registered so you can try to change it.
2)If they are not changing the vehicle ask them to show the vehicle .See it and find if there are faults with the vehicle ,like rusting,chipping of paint and where it is stored.If any issue take this chance to change the vehicle ,this is your last chance for that.
3)I think they would have offered you a heavy discount on this car and the loan is also clear so don't think you may get any more discounts.
4)Since you have made the payments in December itself there is no point keeping the car in the dealers stockyard.get it home.Practically,they are not obliged to do that.If something happens there it becomes your problem.

Its purely a dealer's trick.

Did you get in writing about the mfg date requirement made at the time of booking?

Also, as mentioned by fellow member, if it is not registered at RTO, ask the dealer to provide you a fresh car, else ask for complete refund.

Also, shoot a mail to VW HO, and log a complaint on consumer forum if matter becomes worse.

Top Bottom