Requesting Feedback on Buying Tata Manza

Thread Starter #1
Hello Guys,

i'm planning for my first car. i would like to go for diesel engine (SEDAN)..i have selected Tata MANZA after hearing that there is no rattling/niggles in new club Class model and heard alot of tuning has been done in CC Manza. But a negative feedback from some worries me. your comments/any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Prem

Mods. As this is my first post Please move this thread to appropriate forum thread, if this is not the place to post this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome aboard to TAI.

Manza is really a VFM car. With respect to rattles and niggles it all depends how and under which conditions you drive your car. I own a 2012 Manza done around 17K now, no major issues so far.

hi Prem, welcome to TAI.

I personally do not own a Manza but have extensively TD'ed them. We have previously owned Tata indigo. But these new generation cars from Tata are years ahead in terms of build quality and interiors as well.

Manza has a refined multijet engine and is pleasure to drive. Plastic quality is at par with most of the competitors in the market. Space is unparalled and is VFM in its segment.

Off late Tata are improving in all areas be it sales, product and after sales. I have brought storme about 6 months ago and ASS is really improved. Not much to complaint about.

all in all, I can say, one can venture and purchase a Tata product.

value for money car. Don't worry. Just go ahead and buy it. I know that there are stories in the internet world about tata niggles and problems. Current generation tata cars are really good. I got a pre-owned safari and it's absolutely rattle free.

I own Vista from 2012 April, clocked 46K till now, so far no issues, everything is working on it charm.

Manza is similar to Vista with more powerful engine and excellent boot space. But, once you gone to Manza, none of the cars are there in Market to replace it. Manza is truly a class apart. you can go for it[;)]

We too miss the space and the features of our Manza. In spite of all the niggles, we had a nice time with it for around 40,000kms. We had lot of good memories traveling with that car. Then the niggles became worse and we sold it off and got another brand.

Though it was full of niggles, it was free of rattle. Another sour point is ignorant TASS.

I keep hearing that the club class is free of niggles... If it is really so, then Manza is a good VFM car to buy.

Prem, tata have improved quite a lot with their vehicles specially with their new vista and manza's. Rattles were the issues with their previous generation vehicles but not in this lots.Yes can say their ASS is what makes the whole story different and even that depends on city and dealers which is improving too.
So you surely can buy its Club class Manza and it is a VFM car.
We have lot many owners here who owns tata vehicles and are quite satisfied too.

Thread Starter #9
Thanks guys for your suggestions. I also heard that all major issues like rattling, niggles have been resolved in Club class model launched in 2012 end.

I took a TD for Manza QJET EX model today. It has almost completed 7K kilometers. I had a good driving time and was happy that the car which completed 7K was able to deliver that much, that too a TD vehicle. Im overall happy with it. I asked the sales guy about maintenance, he asked me to take Extended warranty with AMC and not to worry about maintenance as everything will be covered in it. AMC cost 10K for 2 years. Is this true that all the expenses will be taken care in AMC and warranty.

If i decided to go for this car i will book QJet VX model as this is in my budget.

i have used Manza for 3.5 years and here are my feedback.

1. Comfort - Miles ahead from its competitors.
2. Space - You can make it as your home.
3. Rear Seat Comfort - None of its competitors match with it.
4. AC - Fantastic
5. Engine
6. Maintenance Charges - Quite ok.

Some of the negatives that i faced.

1. Rattling wil start after 40k kms but you can fix it from TASS
2. Not so great A.S.S but still they are improving when compared to 2010.
3. Components are not so durable (hope they have fixed in the new versions)
4. Plastic Quality will show its real colours after 40k kms (hope they have fixed in the new versions).

Not sure about the quality of the new Manza. I would say its a true VFM.

You have made a WISE decision. For the amount of money you would spend, the comfort and quality of drive is unparalleled. I too own a 2012 Manza quadrajet. And I have enjoyed it till date. Gone for long drives, on different types of roads. My manza never broke down anywhere. ASS though disappointing at times, have delivered well.
Go for it.

Thread Starter #12
Is it wise/advisable to go for Extended warranty and AMC.

Will AMC bring the maintenance cost down? as this is my first buy i have no idea about it.

Thanks,
Prem

Last edited:
Tata cars as second cars are good, but as a first car! Well, I'm a bit skeptic. Reason for being Skeptic are:

1. You should do the PDI extensively well or take a friend of yours who will be able to do that for you.
2. If you don't know driving well, driving a biiiiig sedan will be problematic. Sorry for questioning your sedan decission.
3. It will take quite a lot of waiting time to reach your car to dealership from plant. However, Maruti will make you wait much longer.

In case you are already knowing much about cars, knowing driving well, above constarints won't be applicable.

Now, carwise it's the Best VFM. All the owners I have talked to till date are quite happy with Manza Diesel at least. Manza Petrol is also having good feedback but people complain about low FE.

Enter into an agreement with dealership you are planning to buy from with all the commitments written in their letterhead and get it signed and stamped. I did it on 7th of this month and paid 49k as advance. I had put across 5k of penalty from both sides if anyone faulters. Still to my surprise, I am seeing that few of the clauses are getting violated. Yes, I can come out of the agreement and charge the dealership 5k penalty. But, I didn't do so since I have got a very nice deal. Violations from agreement, but all with my permission:
1. Car is Oct, 2013 manufactured instead of Nov, 2013 (agreement says Nov, 2013)
2. Color Laser Red instead of Tyrian Wine
3. Car should have the PDI done by 28-Dec-13, but till now the car is in transport
4. If PDI is not done by 28-Dec-13, I can do it on 04-Jan-2014. In Jan if prce increases, nobody would get the same deal of December. But, I will get since I have the agreement and dealership seems to be on their knees due to violations from written agreement.

Hope, you understood how much mismanaged Tatas are. Without such written agreement, I would have lost my night's sleep!

BTW, today my SA sent me the VIN no. through SMS which I validated and found that the car is really Oct, 2013 manufactured. I'll tally the VIN with the car I am going for PDI at the time of PDI.

You may go through http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-shopper/15055-best-entry-level-diesel-sedan.html to see why I went for Manza instead of other cars of the same range.

Last but not the least, I would suggest you to go for Alto (may be that's why I have Alto as first car [;)] ) or any other small car preferably from Maruti or Hyundai. They have better ASS than Tata. If you still want a sedan, go for Swift Dezire. Well, but from VFM and driving comfort perspective, Manza is a well-balanced choice but I am not recommending it as a first car.

Is it wise/advisable to go for Extended warranty and AMC.

Will AMC bring the maintenance cost down? as this is my first buy i have no idea about it.

Thanks,
Prem
Extended warranty costs just 6.5k, also you would get some extra discount if you buy it, so effective extended warranty cost should be < 6.5 K for a 8L+ transaction. So, better to go for it. Also, without extended warranty, you cannot go for AMC.
Regarding AMC, you take it or not would cost you almost same, so better to go for it since it limits your expenditure may be by paying a few bucks extra. Remember that Manza Diesel has variable geometry turbo and that's why engine oil costs too much. Fixed Geometry turbos won't require such costly synthetic engine oil. So planned maintenance cost will be at a higher side, but other VFM factors does supress this concern.

Last edited:
@ Prem , go for extended warranty you will have a peaceful life for 4 years. AMC is also worth as each service will cost you around 4K (including synthetic oil change).

Oh !! lot of suggestions by members, YES Manza clubclass is an excellent VFM car with acres of space buddy !! you can go with it eyes closed. Please do not worry about niggles or rattles everything seems to be sorted out(with the feed back from a known SA of TATA showroom). I wish you a very good buying experience and look forward for a ownership thread very soon.

Top Bottom