Yes its true that Honda is going to launch Brio Diesel with 1.2L or 1.3 L motor. A face lift + some additional changes in dashboard may be possible as poor designed interior/exterior has hampered the Honda sales figure.
Also Ritz is going to be launch in few months with a small cosmetic changes, but that wont be much noticeable. If you are short on budget then choose a Ritz Zxi model [ABS
+Airbag+Alloys]. You will praise the car build/ride quality. The better advantage of buying a MS product is ASS
network and resale value.
Advantage of Ritz:
- high seating position which makes getting in and out very easy of the car
- built on similar platform as of Swift and shares same engine.
- good resale value
- good service network
- front and rear seats are far better than BRIO
- proven engine from long time.
Advantage of Brio
- Sleek design, if you like :)
- Honda proven i-Vtec engine
- Honda brand value for owner
Considering for City/Highway both are good.