1. Why in 2014 instead of right away? In December, car sals are low and hence you can negotiate better. Consider this if and only if you want to keep your car for very loooong time, otherwise you will loose a lot in resale since car will be of 2013 maufacture instead of 2014 manufacture. Whatever be the case, make sure you do the registration in 2014 hoping to get foolish buyers whom you can say that 2014 registration means 2014 car whatever be the maanufacturing year.
2. Do not take manufacturing month before November, 2013 if you are going to purchase right away since the cars are always kept badly in plant/dealership and you will run into the risk of paint damage/rusts irrespective of any OEM
3. Though people say for less monthly running Petrol is good, I don't believe in that since Diesel cars are easy to sell and you will always get back the initial amount spent during resale. Again, it's quite personal choice.
4. For space, back-seat comfort, features Tata Indica Vista would be the best if you go for diesel though you have stretch your budget little bit.
5. For Petrol, I would always vote for Swift.
6. Since Maruti and Tata are having good service network, I always recommend them. Parts are cheaper and easier to procure. BTW
, Tatas have changed a lot (improved) and so is Maruti (declined).
7. Hyundai i20 is the best, no doubt but I feel that to be bit costly and not VFM
8. Last but not the least, please keep us posted about your thought(s) and don't forget to post pics whatever car you zero down on.