Need Suggestions To Choose a Sedan

Thread Starter #1
Guys i need some suggestion. My usage of car per month is max 1000 kms.
Should i go for petrol or diesel?
If petrol should i go for honda city or someother car. Pls tell the car too.
Before you guys give suggestion my need is hassle free car with reliabilty.
But i am sure that i will keep this car for minimum 6 to 7 years.
My budget is 10lakhs.

350Z

Core Team
Guys i need some suggestion. My usage of car per month is max 1000 kms. Should i go for petrol or diesel?
Petrol car is ideal for this much running. Honda ticks reliability checkbox so there is no question why City should be left out from consideration. However, there are tons of more choices. It depends upon how long you can wait and exact priorities (Such as performance or comfort). Please elaborate so that we could recommend the most suitable sedan.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #3
Petrol car is ideal for this much running. Honda ticks reliability checkbox so there is no question why City should be left out from consideration. However, there are tons of more choices. It depends upon how long you can wait and exact priorities (Such as performance or comfort). Please elaborate so that we could recommend the most suitable sedan.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks 350Z for your response.
The car should have the following:

1.Decent ride quality With excellent Comfort.
2.Great pickup with AC on.
3.Low NVH levels.
4.Low maintenance cost.
5.Good feature list with premium interior (I mean the quality of the plastics used should be good)
6.Excellent music system. (I mean sound clarity and bass effect).

And i can wait for max one-two month.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks 350Z for your response.

The car should have the following:

1.Decent ride quality With excellent Comfort.
2.Great pickup with AC on.
3.Low NVH levels.
4.Low maintenance cost.
5.Good feature list with premium interior (I mean the quality of the plastics used should be good)
6.Excellent music system. (I mean sound clarity and bass effect).

And i can wait for max one-two month.

So its petrol, then consider
1. New Honda City
2. Fiat Linea T-jet
3. VW Vento TSI
In terms of reliability, nothing can come close to Honda. But if its interior quality then it should be Vento. Linea offers great build and slightly lesser maintenance cost than VW.

Thread Starter #6
So its petrol, then consider
1. New Honda City
2. Fiat Linea T-jet
3. VW Vento TSI
In terms of reliability, nothing can come close to Honda. But if its interior quality then it should be Vento. Linea offers great build and slightly lesser maintenance cost than VW.
I thought of choosing Fiat linea for its great ride quality (Even i didnt feel it personally but everyone is saying like that). But i am so scared about its A.S.S (After Sales Service). Thats the reason i left out fiat.

Vicky if want a petrol sedan go blindly for Honda city but if you want a diesel you can consider Hyundai verna .Both Honda and Hyundai provides hassle free ownership for very long years

If petrol and Honda City comes within your budget, go for Honda City. You will never repent but always appreciate your decission later.

Thread Starter #11
Hi Vicky,
Vento is the one as Linea is ruled out by you.City has poor ride quality and it's bone jarring.
Regards,
Aneesh.
Hi draneeshpm,
Thanks for your response. Are you saying that VW Vento petrol is better than Honda City petrol? Ya as you said honda city ride quality is not as good as vento.
But what about the petrol engine which engine is best ?

Top Bottom