Diesel Sedan Under 10L: Bought Verna 1.6 SX CRDI

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys,

Although, I have make up my mind due to ever increasing fuel prices and my KMS running (now at 3500 per month). Lets see what options are there in market

I have shortlisted the followings in order of preference: Kindly provide your inputs too.

1.) SX4 DDiS: Good MASS, country wide dealer network, no problems in spares, high ground clearance, trusted 1.3 engine, good resale value. Negative is less power and less brand value
2.) Skoda Rapid: Good features, pliant ride quality, now top model (MI14) is having projector headlamps and other goodies which were missing in last models, a very good payment scheme. Negative is ASS and parts availability.
3.) VW Vento: Almost same as Rapid but a bit better ASS and spares availability and less resale value.
4.) Linea Mjet: same as SX4 but ASS and parts availability is poor.
5.) Hyundai Verna: a very good car, but low ground clearance and rear seating is not comfortable.

Kindly suggest and provide your valuable points.

Re: Diesel Sedan under 10L: Urgent buy in 10 days

Hi Tornado,
Regarding the cars you shortlisted
1.SX4- Has a soft clutch,with good handling and steering feedback.But its gonna be discontinued in 6 months and replaced by YL1 Sedan
2.Vento/Rapid- Hard clutch and reliability issues
3.Verna - Bad ride quality and a steering which is lousy
4.Linea- Long clutch travel,but the best handling and ride for any car below 20 lakhs.
Regards,
Aneesh.

Re: Diesel Sedan under 10L: Urgent buy in 10 days

Rapid is the car to go for in my opinion, rest if your wish.

Rest, if you are open to used cars too then give a try to Corolla D-4D, I own one and I can swear on this car. It has got everything that above mentioned cars provide with Toyota reliability and ease of ownership.

Thread Starter #8
Re: Diesel Sedan Under 10L: Urgent Buy in 10 Days

Hi All,

thanks for your suggestions,
First, about being hasty as my knee is having a pain due to excess use of heavy clutch of SUVs, lower back problem, ever increasing diesel prices and my monthly running and more importantly I got a genuine buyer of my car at a very good price.

Second, my nature of job is such that I need a bit better ground clearance so verna is ruled out, Vento and rapid are same vehicles and if you look at spare parts cost and features provided in Rapid than it has an upper hand than vento. Vento is noisy whereas Rapid is calm and composed.

Linea : I have dropped the idea of going for it due to ASS

Anyone with rapid experience kindly enlighten me.

dude did you check manza? december offer is going on where you are bound to get great discount. Plus being an Tata owner you could also get loyalty bonus. I read benefits of over 1 lakh on manza. check that out.

nissan sunny as well as renault scala, same cars in different brandings with little bit difference in interiors.
Low ground clearance is the same issue you would find with be it verna, vento as well as rapid.
If you can find corolla as someone said would be a good reliable option without doubt.
Sx4 yes it has the best GC like suv's but its going tobe discontinued and replaced.

^^Yes please try driving Sunny and I am sure it offers great comfort. If budget is more, look at Corolla.
If one more Tata again, then check Manza

dude did you check manza? december offer is going on where you are bound to get great discount. Plus being an Tata owner you could also get loyalty bonus. I read benefits of over 1 lakh on manza. check that out.
+100

Why sedan only? How about Ecosport?

Hi All,
First, about being hasty as my knee is having a pain due to excess use of heavy clutch of SUVs
Anyone with rapid experience kindly enlighten me.
Hi Tornado,
My friend owns a diesel Rapid,but it has a heavy clutch and he gets left knee pain in bumper to bumper traffic.
Regards,
Aneesh.

Top Bottom