Low Resale Value Of Hyundai Accent???

Thread Starter #1
Hello Everyone,I want to buy a hyundai second hand car.I am confused between Santro/Accent.As i am seeing the trend in the market,that accent has a very low resale value.
Can anybody tell me why is that so??
I am getting a deal of accent in Rs 45000 only 23000 kms driven.Is it a good deal??

Thread Starter #3
it's petrol or diesel. variant. how many kms done? how many owners?

Hello Pravin,thanks for your reply.It is a petrol car.Single owner.23000 kms driven.
i wanted to know why is the resale value for accent so low comparitive to others cars like santro.Is there any problem with the car.??

Thread Starter #5
But Why is it so low??? why the resale value of accent is so cheap? What's the reason.Is it a good car? Should a consider buying a second hand accent??

Hi Amanrao,
Something fishy with the deal.Is it a single owner car with no accidents,is it a dealer one or individual one?
Regards,
Aneesh.

Something is not right, an accent 23000KM driven will fetch more money. If you could tell what year make the car is, then it will be easy to comment.
Also, you may check the dashboard, steering wheel and gear know if they have grains left. Incase the steering wheel and dash board is too smooth, this means that the odo meter has been tempered with.

23k on odo, whatever year it may be wont sell for such a throw away price. Something is certainly fishy here.. IMO better to stay away from this car.

generally accent resale value is poor. 23000 km's is very less. if you are getting the car from dealer,the odo may be tampered. check the car's service record is possible or stay away from this car.

beware: odo tampering is a booming business. in chennai odo tampering is done at 200 rupess for bikes with analog odo and 350 for digital odo. for cars they charge 400 for analog odo and 700 for digital odo.

For a normally driven car, say yearly <10000 kms, the depreciation is 10% per year. So based on the year of manufature and the base cost, you may self calculate the expected price.

For cars doing more kms / have been in accidents / out of manufacuring (which accent is, and probably few years down the line spare parts will be an issue) the depreciation is higher.

Please confirm servicing log before doing anything. There could be odo tampering / accident history in worst case. Also ask for the insurance premium receipt. That has a price quoted for max insurance (this price is without electricals / rubber / battery). hence this is the minimum value a seller will expect, as that defines the price of car.

If RC book / insurance / servicing log is not there, this may be a stolen car or in contention of some police case. Just to be sure, confirm chassis number, engine number, and registration number in RC book(to confirm it is not a duplicate made for a stolen car). Also ask for spare key and the service book/manual. An actual owner will have it.

If after doing all these, still you find no issues, and seller wants just 45K for this car, man you have hit a jackpot [clap]

The rule of thumb is, if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is. Nobody likes losing money, so if he is selling for such a low price be very careful.

He could probably get more selling the car piece by piece,

Thread Starter #14
Thanks a lot guys for all your inputs.It has helped me a lot.
Better to stay away from the car as I have found out that there is no proper servicing record and it has undergone a change in color.

Thanks a lot again everyone for your advice

Top Bottom