Suggestions On Buying a New Diesel Hatch / Sedan

Thread Starter #1
Budget 7- 9 L
New
Priorities 1. Safety 2. Driving pleasure 3. Space 4. Design
Fuel Diesel
Purpose Regular use and some times to nearby villages where often the roads aren't that good.
Type either hatchback or sedan 1st preference is hatchback.

some of the cars that I shortlisted were I20, Polo TDi.

Your advise will be very helpful.

Re: Suggestion for a diesel car

With the given budget nrakshi3060, the only car which comes to my mind is Polo GT TDI. It clicks on 3 out of 4 of your requirements/priorities except maybe for space which is a little restricted specially in the rear bench. For everything else, its spot on. There is 3 years free insurance scheme going on by VW on the GT TDI as well. Do take a test drive of the same before plunging your money else where.

Regarding the ground clearance, hatchbacks and sedans would not make a practical buy, but if its high on priority and it has to be a hatchback too, you could have a look at the Fiat Punto90hp as it has sufficient ground clearance to tackle the bad village roads too and the ride and handling of this vehicle is simply unmatched.

Do test drive the likes of Polo GT TDI, Punto 90hp, Swift ZDI, i20 Asta and see for yourself as to which one suits your requirements the best.

Re: Suggestion for a diesel car

sedans: swift dzire, honda amaze
hatch back: swift,polo,i20

if budget is stretchable go for vento

Budget 7- 9 L
Priorities 1. Safety 2. Driving pleasure 3. Space 4. Design
Purpose Regular use and some times to nearby villages where often the roads aren't that good.
some of the cars that I shortlisted were I20, Polo TDi.
Hi nrakshi,
With the above parameters of Safety and Driving pleasure with diesel as fuel,only 3 hatchbacks come to mind,Punto,Figo and Swift ZDI.Buy the variant with ABS and Airbags please.i20 and Polo and driving pleasure,that's an oxymoron in itself!Enough said.If you are OK with the New Fiesta,it is having 1.5 lakh off on all variants.A New Fiesta Style Diesel can be had on Road for 9.5 lakhs in Bangalore.
Regards,
Aneesh.

i would say swift ZDI anyday looking at priorities listed in sequence
with dual airbags,abs and thicker design and longer front of the mentioned safety ensured
i have no words for driving pleasure for swift diesel
not so spacious as compared to other two but how much difference are we talking of here
design vise polo would be my fav of three but with villages situation and most parameters being met swift zdi will be winner

Polo GT TDI on road in Bangalore will touch almost 9.8 lakhs - there may be some year-end offers, but still, it will be above the OP's stated budget. I think Punto or Swift ZDI are both great for safety and driving pleasure, but he will have to sacrifice space a bit.

Since you mentioned village roads - the Verito Vibe is also a great option. It lacks raw power, but otherwise fits your bill.

Ecosport is virtually ruled out - given waiting periods.

Top Bottom