Honda Brio or Hyundai Grand - Petrol

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys

I am looking to buy a car and have shortlisted Honda Brio - S -variant and Hyundai Grand - Sportz Variant . Now I am a little confused on which car to buy.

My daily drive is around 30 kms to office in start and go traffic.

I don't need a big boot, so that's not a concern for me.

I am looking only for a petrol car and not diesel ( Grand - Diesel).

I took a test drive of both cars and found the interiors of Grand more plush.

In Grand - Sportz variant I get Button start/stop , rear ac.

Would the fuel efficiency in Grand and Brio be similar? Which car gives a better ride quality? If I leave out the gizmos in Grand - Push button start etc then is Brio a better car? The battery discharge issue, has that been sorted out in Grand?

I would take the vehicle on the highways maybe once a month for around 200 kms.

If incase I buy a Brio should I wait till dec second week and see what discounts are offered? I don't think any discounts would be there in Grand.

Pls let me know your views.Lastly I would be the sole occupant in the car 90% of the time.

Thanks

Last edited:
Honda Brio Vs Grand I10 (Petrol)

Dears
I am planning to buy either of the above car, my usage is hardly 20 Kms per day & max budget is 5 L.

Also i was told Maintenance of Honda is very high, please do advice.

Please suggest.

Both are good cars buddy[:D].

If boot is not necessary then Brio should be the pick. The inside space of Brio looks deceptive from outside and you really need to sit inside and experience it.

Engine wise both are good but slide advantage Brio has due to its Honda badge.

Brio's suspension is soft so you may feel bumpy rides on uneven roads[frustration].

I must say even I am amazed by the Grand's features filled with all gizmos.[;)]

So, better take back to back test rides and decides. About maintenance cost I have heard otherway around about Hyundai's but don't believe those words and check service plans and your budget scheme.

Best wishes for your ride whichever it is!!!

Hi born free,
Honda is not expensive to maintain,but Hyundai surely is expensive.Now coming to the cars, both are good,but the ride is bit better in Grand,while Brio is more fun to drive.Feature wise I don't think anyone can beat Hyundai.
Regards,
Aneesh.

Maintainence:Honda has upper hand here, Hyndai is expensive
FEHonda had Upper hand here
Comfort(Air conditioner, Space etc)Grand is 2 nothches up compare to Brio
Though I am fan boy of Honda i hate Brio to core of following reasons.
1) Poor Thigh support + Kiddy room back seat comfort
2) Rear Glass, I wont think it is safe on Highways
3) Air conditioning in brio is poor
4) Boot space, What is that? do honda expect us to carry 3-4 laptops?

Good about grand:
1) Space, Back seat comfort is superior only liva and Vista can beat it
2) Boot space
3) More plush interiors and segment first features

Bad
1) Expect Hyndai FE
2) Bit costly maintainence.

My personol opinion is Grand is way better choice compare to Brio

3) Air conditioning in brio is poor
4) Boot space, What is that? do honda expect us to carry 3-4 laptops?

Point No 3: I am hearing first time about Brio's A.C adequacy. I always keeps 2-1 on fan knob never required to make it 3 or 4, even it required it was max for 5-10mins and I have gone for few highways drives close to 400km at a stretch and rear seated people never complained about A.C even if it is on 1.

Point No 4: I agree that boot space is not enough but 3 or 4 laptops[surprise] I hope its a sarcastic. The boot space is enough for a mid to large size(depend on width) of suitcase with small additional bags. I need to point it out its the same space you will find it on Beat.

Best it will be try it out yourself[;)]

Last edited:
If you like spirited driving, Brio is the car. If laid back then Grand i10.
On another aspect maintence and running cost / mileage of Honda is much cheaper than a Hyundai. Nothing comes close to Honda if you want a petrol car. Brio is a no nonsense car, although i accept the interiors are not as plush as Grand

I think Brio would have the upper hand on most aspects expect possibly boot space. The boot is deep but less on width when compared with other hatches.

Engine is the best there is among petrol and running costs are quite competitive.

Thread Starter #9
Hi all

Thanks for your replies. I had thought the month of December would give some additional discounts in Brio but the dealer says the same discount of only insurance being free is there for December along with accessories, perhaps in the third week or so they might give additional discounts

Hyundai dealer to my surprise said he could give a 10,000 cash discount as dealer discount for the Grand. He mentioned that the car would be a December manufactured one and they were not expecting more than 30 vehicles at their dealership this month.

The tug between Brio and Grand still persists and I plan to go for a test drive of both the vehicles over the weekend.

Thanks

Usually december end / january start you get lot of discounts. You may need to bargain a bit. The logic behind discounts is that, the year of manufacture becomes -1, by a few days and hence no one wants to buy thinking of resale value going down because of this..

Just wait another few days and then go bargain hard. If multiple dealers are there, try negotiating on the value by talking to both of them at same time

Hi all

Thanks for your replies. I had thought the month of December would give some additional discounts in Brio but the dealer says the same discount of only insurance being free is there for December along with accessories, perhaps in the third week or so they might give additional discounts

Hyundai dealer to my surprise said he could give a 10,000 cash discount as dealer discount for the Grand. He mentioned that the car would be a December manufactured one and they were not expecting more than 30 vehicles at their dealership this month.

The tug between Brio and Grand still persists and I plan to go for a test drive of both the vehicles over the weekend.

Thanks
your lucky dude
am not getting even single rupee discount in delhi for grande.
going tommorow with my friend to check with his SA for grande

have you test driven both of them back to back

the honda brio A/c issue is because of large window in back
the glass is too large as compared to other hatchbacks

grande has best A/c in class and with rear vent it becomes easier for users in back
for mileage issue check with reviews on mileage

Top Bottom