Buying Hyundai Grand i10 Asta(O)

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Firstly let me put forward sincere thanks to TAI Forum and Members for value-able input/discussions in here.
The forum has helped me to gain good amount of knowledge on cars.

Coming to the purpose of this thread, after going through lot of reviews I finally booked Hyundai Grand i10 Asta(O) on Oct 5 at Advaith Motors Bannerghatta (Bangalore).
This is my first car purchase and was very excited. Right from Test Drive to booking process everything was smooth. No complaints/issues here.
During booking I was told that waiting period would be around 3-4 weeks.

However till now i'm waiting for the delivery of the car. Last week I visited dealer and I was told that Asta(O) variant might get delayed upto January 2014. The dealer is not ready to provide me timeline this time around. He says its 70% sure.

But then on the other hand, he told me if I change the variant to Asta, By decemeber 2nd week or so I might get the vehicle. Even here he's not being 100% sure. He could only give me some concrete info by this month end.

Frankly speaking I'm quite worried now. Is the dealer taking me for a ride here??

Need some suggestions/input from you guys as how to proceed here?

Thanks.

350Z

Core Team
However till now i'm waiting for the delivery of the car. Last week I visited dealer and I was told that Asta(O) variant might get delayed upto January 2014. The dealer is not ready to provide me timeline this time around. He says its 70% sure.But then on the other hand, he told me if I change the variant to Asta, By december 2nd week or so I might get the vehicle. Even here he's not being 100% sure. He could only give me some concrete info by this month end..
You are welcome to The Automotive India. It’s already December and it’s worth waiting another month if for nothing then for the sake of safety features that Asta (O) comes equipped with. Some carmakers halt the production of certain variants / colors during end of the year which gives sales executive a benefit of doubt. On a different note, it’s also good for you since you will receive 2014 manufactured unit that would further help the resale value in future. However, let SE not take advantage of these facts. Be in constant touch to push for the delivery and ask him to write on official letterhead that car will be delivered in Jan at any cost; otherwise full booking amount will be refunded.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Please buy a car with safety features. It will be worth waiting for it. What was the final price quoted to you in case of asta-O?

Go for ASTA (O)
In my opinion Start/Stop button, Blinkers, 1GB Memory all are fancy items and not much needed.
but Yes ABS and AIRBAGS are must.
FYI. I opted Magna due to shoe string budget
Indian manufactures are taking toll on us ABS and Air bags need to be there starting from Basic model.

Last edited:
@turbo, What you've said is correct. They took off the ABS and Airbags in automatic too. For this price range which we pay. atleast we expect some kind of safety. But no idea why Hyundai have done this. Also no idea why they went back to analog from digital fuel meter... and no sun-roof.

Total damage for me.. 7.5L

@350Z

isn't the december time also good to ask for discounts with a fact that if I wait another month will get a 2014 model considering resale value.

how does dec 13 and jan 14 effect resale of car in future ?

350Z

Core Team
isn't the december time also good to ask for discounts
It's a good time to ask for discounts because dealers have to clear the remaining stocks. Though considering demand of Grand i10, I doubt if they will be willing to offer much.

how does dec 13 and jan 14 effect resale of car in future ?
Practically it doesn’t make a real difference but on papers, sure does. It’s better to call the car a year new than a year old. This in turn is used as a tactic while re-selling.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom