Took delivery of the UV today. Noticeable changes are -
- Steering feels much much lighter, however it is not very direct or precise!
- Clutch feels lighter
- Engine feels more refined (by truck standards!)
- Shock absorbers are new, so vehicle feels a bit more stable, and no more squeaking noises
- Headlights repaired, a fuse was faulty
New mats were installed and the vehicle pressure washed. The vehicle will be sent to the work site tomorrow morning. From here, it has to suffer the ordeal day in and day out and prove that it is true tough workhorse. I am hoping it will...
Expenses on vehicle -
• Tyres = Rs. 20000/-
• Bearing, front shock absorbers and steering tie rod assembly = Rs. 4515/-
• Coolant = Rs. 690/-
• Oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, brake oil, clutch oil and engine oil = Rs. 3490/-
• Rear shock absorbers and gear lever boot = Rs. 1600/-
• Labour and material charge in garage = Rs. 6000/-
• Company logo on rear glass = Rs. 600/-
• Roof and pillar cover = Rs. 150/-
• Floor mats = Rs. 1400/-
• Rear mud flaps = Rs. 250/-
All in all, we spent Rs. 38,695/- on the vehicle on repairs. Thus, the net total cost of the vehicle in its present form to us was Rs. 3,28,695/-. Insurance was another Rs. 10,000/-. And PUC another Rs. 110/-! All in all, I got a robust vehicle ready to swing in action for Rs. 3.4 Lacs
. A new vehicle of similar specification would have cost me Rs. 7 Lacs. I am sure a newer vehicle would be lower on maintenance, but I have already saved Rs. 3.6 Lacs and I dont expect this one to spend that amount of money on repairs...
This thing is a terror on our roads -