Need Advice on Buying a Honda Brio

Thread Starter #1
Dear guys.

I am all set to book a brio by the first week of December. Decided to go for this car after a lot of research and reading various reviews in TAI.

Now the dilemma is, I am getting S MT variant for 5.1 lacs OTR and getting the VX MT variant at 5.8 OTR. is this 70000 INR extra worthy of what I am getting extra??? the extras in VX MT over S MT are:

1.Alloy wheels

2. Fog lamps

3. ABS

4. Airbags

I have many more queries but lets start with the most confusing one??[:)]

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
Now the dilemma is, I am getting S MT variant for 5.1 lacs OTR and getting the VX MT variant at 5.8 OTR. is this 70000 INR extra worthy of what I am getting extra??? the extras in VX MT over S MT are
The last two features alone make VX MT worth the premium. There’s no question why one shouldn’t consider them if the budget allows. Congrats in advance for the new car.

Drive Safe,
350Z

ThumbsUp to our MODZ.

Go for VXMT. Safety should always be a priority.

You buy a car for a few years, and to travel within & outside the city, develop your passion.

Your buying a car, which 'loves you back' every time you take her out for a spin. [:D]

So, do not compromise on these safety features.

If one has budget then he should definitely go for the Additional safety features[:)].

So, do your analysis and decide. Anyways, Congrats for your ride in advance.

1st time buy in India. Need help.

On the verge of buying a honda brio automatic and needed some advice. My queries are:

1) Should I consider a dealer with their own workshop facility and how do I benefit from it?

2) I stay in santacruz east, mumbai but would be registering my car in vasai as it enjoys a tax of 1.5% LBT which is lowest amongst all the nearby areas. Have a property there so everything is ethical. So considering this kindly recommend a dealer and workshop with the best service records.

3) Is year end/new year a good time to buy? I also have a option of buying it as my birthday present in feb. Kindly suggest.

4) How much cash discount, freebies should I expect? what accessories are worth negotiating for as freebies in the mumbai market?

5) Recent (3 months) buyers please let me know the OTR and offers you received for brio and if possible for the automatic variant. This would be highly appreciated if you can provide the info.

6) Please do suggest a very professional, high quality service Honda after market automotive accessories shop in Mumbai if I plan to mod it up.

Any other guidance and advice would be highly appreciated.:help:

Cheers[cheers]

Sanj

350Z

Core Team
Re: 1st time buy in India. Need help.

1) Should I consider a dealer with their own workshop facility and how do I benefit from it?
Not necessarily. You can anytime service the car from any authorized Honda workshop across India.

3) Is year end/new year a good time to buy? I also have a option of buying it as my birthday present in feb. Kindly suggest.
Definitely. Year end is considered as one of the better times to purchase a new car in India (Related: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-library/5392-best-time-buy-new-car-india.html).

4) How much cash discount, freebies should I expect? what accessories are worth negotiating for as freebies in the mumbai market?
This depends on the negotiation skills and how well the car is doing in market. The least one should ask for are freebies like mud mats, mud flaps, car perfume, cover etc.

Plus, insist the sales person to offer free first year insurance, extended warranty, road side assistance etc apart from cash discounts.
6) Please do suggest a very professional, high quality service Honda after market automotive accessories shop in Mumbai if I plan to mod it up.
I don’t think there is Honda specific accessories store apart from from Honda dealer itself. Though a better option would be Carnation and Reliance Autozone for accessories.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom