Used Polo: How is This Deal?

Thread Starter #1
A friend of mine is interested in buying a VW polo 1.6Peterol (discontinued) 2010 model.

The details are as below:

Model: Volkswagen Polo 1.6 Petrol Highline

Manufacturing: July 2010

Model: 2011

Kms: 26000

Owner: Single

Color: Red

Tyres: apollo (most likely original ones and no change made)

Insurance: Up to August 2014

VW Dealer Price: 4.9L

Condition: Slight scratches in the left front bumper. No visible dents or accident

Service History: The owner bought the car from a dealer who no longer services VW. So, the service records are only after November 2012

Can you all comment as how is this deal ? and what all checks he need to make before finalizing this deal ?

Re: Used Polo: How is this deal ?

A friend of mine is interested in buying a VW polo 1.6Peterol (discontinued) 2010 model.
The details are as below:
Model: Volkswagen Polo 1.6 Petrol Highline
Manufacturing: July 2010
Model: 2011

Kms: 26000
?
2010 Model car sold in 2011 ?
Was it a TD Vehicle?
No History ?

Vehicle maintenance for these type of pre owned cars are on the higher side.
Low Mileage and Expensive spare parts.
Opinion: Stay away from the vehicle. If at all ,you need it ,pay not more than 4 L.

Polo will be heavy on spares cost and also regular maintainence, my suggestion is do not consider it.

Hi patil,
Its highly suspicious that service records are not available.There is no problem with 2011 buy as there were many cars from 2010 which were unsold.But service history is available online,check with the other Volkswagen service centre quoting the vehicle number.The best way is to call up and tell you are the owner and want to book a service appointment, casually ask them for the first year service history as there was some minor problem that was attended,which you don't remember.
Regards,
Aneesh.

4.9 is way to high for this vehicle also no service history is available. Secondly since this vehicle is a second hand one if you apply for a loan the intrest rate will be much high. Overall I think its a pretty costly deal.

@patil.

1st- Isn't the VW service record centralized. How can they have partial records.

2nd - VW cars do not have much resale. A 2010 car bought in 2011 must be given with good discounts

3rd- Check for NCB in the insurance.

4th- Even by Bangalore standards the price is way too high. I would not have paid anything more than 4 lacs for this.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7
A Big thank you to: Anoop, Sujit, Aneesh, Amit and Anshuman. I will convey all these points to my friend.

Top Bottom