Ford Ecosport or Grand i10? BOOKED : Grand i10 Asta AT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
The question is simple as stated on title. I'm currently hunting for an automatic transmission and came across these 2 under my budget and requirements...

Requirements:
1. I'm a design maniac ( both interior and exterior )
2. quality
3. features

Budget: upto 9 to 9.5L

Cars i don't like: ( please do not mistake me. it is just my kind of taste )
1. swift ( cause too much already on road )
2. i20 ( not made for me. I'm 5ft and there is no height adjustment in sportz )
3. i10 normal ( previously owned. so wanted to go for new one )
4. astar ( i don't like the interiors )
5. brio ( same as above )
6. micra ( same as above )

My usage:
1. 60% city drive.
2. 40% nap in parking space ( which means, mostly 2-3 times a week drive )

Why Ecosport:
1. The design that makes you turn around and stare for a second.
2. interior is quite nice. but build quality suck as per many reviews. ( I haven't checked in person yet )
3. the ground clearance is better.
4. and its SUV!

Why Grand i10:
1. The design is pretty good. professional and edge to edge.
2. Interior is pretty simple and elegant.
3. Build quality of interior is better than ecosport for sure.
4. lower price compared to ecosport with power packed features.

Things that bug me on Ecosport:
1. I'm 5ft tall and tried i20 for test drive and the seating is pretty low and no height adjustment. So, that bugs me if i would get that same experience in Ecosport.

2. Haven't seen any automatic reviews, positives, negatives yet.

Things that bug me on Grand i10:
1. The Footrest area is totally gone. Which really sucks for me. But i think i can overcome this by couple of weeks driving.

2. Most people say about the battery discharge problem. I'm really confused with this as well. 99% that pulls me out from grand i10 is because of this. Cause, i don't want my new car to stand out in service station. Since, my usage will be only 2-3 times a week. sometimes, 1-2 times every 2 weeks.

I'd greatly appreciate if you guys can help me out with this issue. I couldn't think of any better than these 2 companies with sleek design. Let me know your views and suggestions on both based on your experiences, word of mouth or anywhere you heard or read.

Edit: I went for a test drive with Grand i10. I should say, this car is peppy to drive in city. It's flying like a bee and no lag time.

Last edited:
Re: Ford EcoSport or Grand i10 ? Your views and suggestions.

Unless you have booked Ecosport AT already, the wait for it would easily extend to 6 months+ (if your dealer is taking a booking). Polo TSI is another option - if you like minimalistic, functional design. But the VAG's expensive and patchy service record is a big turn off for me.

For your budget, the choice has to be the VW Polo GT Tsi. I feel it is the best automatic hatchback with a globally renowned engine, best in class interiors, I have a Polo Highline and interiors are top notch with a premium feel, the car is feature packed along with auto climate control ac, rear parking sensor etc and Polo's robust build quality.

Thread Starter #4

Thanks for the suggestion. What is the approx price range of TSI in automatic ? But did i mention my budget is including onroad expenses ?

My normal budget would be around 6 to 7.5L max. The only reason i raised to 9 to 9.5L is because of Ecosport ( SUV )

Any views on Ecosport or Grand ?

Thread Starter #5

Update: Called my nearest ford. Got a response "AT version is currently closed for booking." Reason: no idea.

Seriously ? That much booking is being made ? [anger]

The question is simple as stated on title. I'm currently hunting for an automatic transmission and came across these 2 under my budget and requirements...

Requirements:
1. I'm a design maniac ( both interior and exterior )
2. quality
3. features

Budget: upto 9 to 9.5L

Cars i don't like: ( please do not mistake me. it is just my kind of taste )
1. swift ( cause too much already on road )
2. i20 ( not made for me. I'm 5ft and there is no height adjustment in sportz )
3. i10 normal ( previously owned. so wanted to go for new one )
4. astar ( i don't like the interiors )
5. brio ( same as above )
6. micra ( same as above )

My usage:
1. 60% city drive.
2. 40% nap in parking space ( which means, mostly 2-3 times a week drive )

Why Ecosport:
1. The design that makes you turn around and stare for a second.
2. interior is quite nice. but build quality suck as per many reviews. ( I haven't checked in person yet )
3. the ground clearance is better.
4. and its SUV!

Why Grand i10:
1. The design is pretty good. professional and edge to edge.
2. Interior is pretty simple and elegant.
3. Build quality of interior is better than ecosport for sure.
4. lower price compared to ecosport with power packed features.

Things that bug me on Ecosport:
1. I'm 5ft tall and tried i20 for test drive and the seating is pretty low and no height adjustment. So, that bugs me if i would get that same experience in Ecosport.

2. Haven't seen any automatic reviews, positives, negatives yet.

Things that bug me on Grand i10:
1. The Footrest area is totally gone. Which really sucks for me. But i think i can overcome this by couple of weeks driving.

2. Most people say about the battery discharge problem. I'm really confused with this as well. 99% that pulls me out from grand i10 is because of this. Cause, i don't want my new car to stand out in service station. Since, my usage will be only 2-3 times a week. sometimes, 1-2 times every 2 weeks.

I'd greatly appreciate if you guys can help me out with this issue. I couldn't think of any better than these 2 companies with sleek design. Let me know your views and suggestions on both based on your experiences, word of mouth or anywhere you heard or read.

Edit: I went for a test drive with Grand i10. I should say, this car is peppy to drive in city. It's flying like a bee and no lag time.
I have booked the grand i10 asta last month and I am expecting delivery mid December.as far as the battery issue is concerned that can easily be rectified by switching off the fuse when the car will remain idle for over 2 days.that will stop the battery drain.I am not worried because I will drive daily.one can always make us of the fuse switch to take care of the battery.Correct me if I am wrong.

Thread Starter #7
Re: Ford Ecosport or Grand i10? Your Views and Suggestions.

How do you switch off the fuse ? Can someone post a snapshot for this ?

But don't you think its little too much to do this for a brand new car ? I mean... we're paying 4.5 to 7.15 lakhs.

The Polo GT TSI really grabbed my eyes lol. The sharp looks, edge to edge design and simple interior style pushing me hard. But how is the after sales support ? like service, etc... Costs more than hyundai ? Sorry i have no experience with VW before.

9.5L for a hatchback is seriously a big bang for me. But the question here is... do i really need this for my usage. Since my drive is mostly in city scape and only 2-3 times a week. Rest of time its gonna sleep at parking.

But.. Polo hmmmm i10.. lol

What happened with Ecosport ? As title says :
Screw that, they are not ready to take any bookings for next few months. Tried all ford in chennai. All of them doesn't even care of new customers because of already booked customers.
But still, That SUV is my fav and within my budget as well.

Hi Deceptron,
I booked for Ecosport AT in July,I am told that I will be getting it only in March/April,that's still 6 months away.If you book now you must be prepared to wait for an year.Go for the i10 Grand.Saving two lakhs is no small thing.
Regards,
Aneesh.

Thread Starter #9

No, i lost my hopes with Ecosport. They're not ready to take any bookings for now even if any customer is ready to wait for an year. That is ridiculous.

Polo will cost anywhere between 8.7 to 9.25 lacs on road depending on which state cybertron is located, however currently VW is offering 3 years free insurance, extended warranty, free RSA and AMC on Polo, so that makes a discount of around 40k in addition to whatever you are able to negotiate.

Also, I would suggest you to re-look at Nissan Micra CVT, it is one of the best auto transmission hatchbacks, as CVT technology claims better mileage than other autos and a smoother ride. If you have rejected Micra because of the interiors, have a look at the interiors of CVT, as it is the top end interiors are better and it costs around 7.5 lacs OTR.

Polo will cost anywhere between 8.7 to 9.25 lacs on road depending on which state cybertron is located, however currently VW is offering 3 years free insurance, extended warranty, free RSA and AMC on Polo, so that makes a discount of around 40k in addition to whatever you are able to negotiate.
Hi Fortune_Hunter,
There is NO DISCOUNTS for Polo TSI,period.TSI has a waiting period running into 3 months,discount on a car with waiting period [frustration],where you got this information?
Regards,
Aneesh.

Last edited:

@deceptron

Forget about ES Automatic as the situation mentioned by our fellow members here.

I do not have any idea about Grand I10 Automatic, so you need to check it out how is your experience.

I found two good cars in Automatic hatchback section. 1) Micra 2) Brio

My vote goes to Micra for everything[:)]. A suggestion(subjective) you don't really need to spend 9.5L for a Automatic hatch back just for the interior and exteriors

Thread Starter #13

Thanks a lot for all your suggestions, comments, views..etc. I have decided to go with Grand i10 Asta AT with no freaking discounts. I tried max though.. but since its new, couldn't make anything.

The reason i chose Grand i10 is based on **my** experiences.

1. Had good experience with hyundai previously as normal i10 owner.
2. interiors are pretty decent compared to other brands in this price range
3. Features
4. Price is within my min budget.

After all, There's an old saying... Known devil is better than unknown angel.
I chose to stay with the devil for 2nd time. Hope it wont disappoint me.

I made a booking for Wine Red Asta AT and expecting my delivery in first week of December.

Thanks again for sharing all your experiences with me. :)

Hi Deception,
Do start an ownership review when you are done with all the formalities.
Regards,
Aneesh.

Congratulations deceptron on your new car booking. Grand i10 Automatic would make a very practical city car. Auto box will be an absolute boon, plus its loaded with features and I am sure you will feel the upgrade instantaneously over the regular i10 you've previously been driving. Wine Red shade looks great on-road.[clap]

Hope you get your hands on the car soon. Do plan to write an ownership thread for your new ride. Drive safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom