Best Used Car Under Rs.4,50,000 Budget

Thread Starter #1
Hi,
I'm considering buying a used car. I've done an extensive research on used cars available in the market using online portals and dealerships, and i'm quite excited to be able to get a good car under my budget of 4,50,000 (maximum). For this price, i'm getting top end models of mid-range or premium hatchbacks, generally 2-3 years old models. Some mid-range sedans (again, top end models, 2-3 years old) are also within my reach.

I need a suggestion which car to settle down with, considering all the key factors i'm mentioning below:

1. I live in Panipat, Haryana. Its a small city with an area of 64 km² only. Its packed with crowded streets and roads, so i need something which'll perform well in city traffic.

2. I work from home, which rules out my daily usage of the vehicle. It'll be mostly used on weekends for small trips within 50-60 km reach.

3. I've a small family, including my mother and my brother. So its not necessary for me to have a spacious car with large boot space, but more space and comfort is always welcome.

4. Petrol vs Diesel: which one'd you recommend for city traffic and once-in-a-while trips within 200 KM range.

5. Low maintenance, affordable spare parts, good after sale service and good mileage are also very important.

I personally prefers Swift (only downside is lack of good rear space), i20 (packed with good features; more spacious and comfortable compared to Swift), Brio (i love it), Linea (indeed a beauty but i'm skeptical about Tata's service quality). But i'd love to consider your expert advice.

Looking at your usage, I'd say get a used Honda City i-vtec. Comes 25th Nov and new City is launched and then you will get even sweeter deals on this gem of a car and one thing for sure - this car has got everything to delight you more than how much you will expect it to.

Hi Vaibhav,
Your usage warrants a petrol only.If you want a low maintenance car go for the Swift or Brio.Don't know how easy is it to find a Brio in your place.If you are ready to buy older cars City and Civics can be thought of,but spares are costly for the Civic.Hope this helps.
Regards,
Aneesh.

Last edited:
Well looking at your usage petrol fits your bill perfectly.Look at Honda city deals as well as brio,jazz even if you get one.i20 is loaded with features n bells n whistles too.

Thread Starter #5
A fantastic recommendation! Even i'm going gaga over the perfect package Honda City i-vtec is. But are you sure it'll match up with the balance of fuel economy and maintenance cost hatchbacks like Swift offer? Also, since City doesn't come with a diesel option, i can easily get a diesel hatchback under my budget, which will ultimately be a money saver for me. What do you think?

Hi Vaibhav,
Don't think of a diesel.Just go with a City in its current shape,not the Dolphin one.Its as cheap as a Swift to maintain.
Regards,
Aneesh.

Thanks! Honda City i-vtech it is. [:)] Cheers!
Congrats for deciding it, now finding a very good example will take some time and hence be in the market with cash in hand so that you can make even the hardest of the bargains when you find a good example.
I can write pages about this car and my experiences with it and hence I can assure you that be it service, maintenance or fuel economy or performance(it touches 150 kph in no time) the car will keep you happy always. Something a Swift or i20 can never do.

A piece of advise: Start searching in December(after launch of new City) and try to seal the deal after the deliveries of new car starts. I know I am asking you to wait for 3-4 months but then I can assure you than you can save a lot and get some deals which will be true steal in themselves if you wait for the new car to hit roads.

Last edited:

Top Bottom