Which Diesel Hatch To Buy?

Thread Starter #1
Hi
my first post

I need your advice on buying a new diesel hatch

This is for my bro. He needs a car with good road visibility

His options are Liva, Figo, i10Grand-Asta, VW polo and Ritz. In fact All these cars have driver seat height adjustment.

Thanks

I wish you had given some more criteria for your purchase. The Fiat Grande Punto too has great road visibility and driver seat height adjust.

Hi hatchback,
The two hatchbacks with best road visibility are Figo and Ritz.If your brother is living within Kochi,Figo maybe the best bill.
Regards,
Aneesh.

Thread Starter #6
Thanks for the replies

His main concern is the road visibility.
Then it needs to be a diesel hatch with good mileage.
Good A.S.S

hi hatchback,

you can also look at Sail and Vista. they are also spacious. I have TD Vista D90, the road view is very good. Car is like a sedan from inside.

What ever is the choice of your brother, ask him to test drive every vehicle and then make a decision. your personal experience is worth much more than comments on forums.

Thanks for the replies

His main concern is the road visibility.
Then it needs to be a diesel hatch with good mileage.
Good A.S.S
Hi hatchback,
If good After sales is a must,throw out Vista and Figo.Kairali Ford sucks.Why not get the Swift,its got good after sales support.So is Liva(Nippon Toyota).The After sales of Hyundai is OK,but the diesel engine is anemic and lethargic.
Regards,
Aneesh.

Apart from that, almost all hatchbacks available in Indian Market are having dead steering with exception to Fiat Punto and Ford Figo, which comes with Hydraulic Steering with great feedback. Of them, Ford Figo has great road visibility and an exceptional handling both in City and in Highways. But Punto has more power and extremely great in handling and would leave a fantastic driving experience.

So, choose the best among them that suits your needs and budget. All the best. [:)]

I would say you go for swift , well proven car, better handling, good ASS and on top of that it has a national engine aka DDIS, I am sure it will blow your mind….test drive it before making a purchase, you will like it.

All the best for your buy.

Thread Starter #11
I would say you go for swift , well proven car, better handling, good ASS and on top of that it has a national engine aka DDIS, I am sure it will blow your mind….test drive it before making a purchase, you will like it.

All the best for your buy.
Yup I liked swift but my bro says its visibility is poor compared to Ritz. He is also concerned that a Ritz facelift (backlift) may come very soon

hi hatchback,

you can also look at Sail and Vista. they are also spacious. I have TD Vista D90, the road view is very good. Car is like a sedan from inside.

What ever is the choice of your brother, ask him to test drive every vehicle and then make a decision. your personal experience is worth much more than comments on forums.
Thanks for the input.

But A.S.S of Tata is virtually nil here. Hence cant recommend vista. I will td sail uva

Hi hatchback,
If good After sales is a must,throw out Vista and Figo.Kairali Ford sucks.Why not get the Swift,its got good after sales support.So is Liva(Nippon Toyota).The After sales of Hyundai is OK,but the diesel engine is anemic and lethargic.
Regards,
Aneesh.
I thought figo has good A.S.S What about Malayalam ford?

Hows Liva. I didn't td liva. Its interiors hav improved a lot than the previous edition. Hows the Road visibility of Liva.
I know their A.S.S is good. I had an innova

How's Punto A.S.S, Is it still TATAs doing all service and sales. Hows the visibility

Last edited:
Hi hatchback,
No idea about Malayalam Ford.Ford has a small service outlet near Vennala,which is better according to few who have visited that place.Liva feels like built to cost.Punto and visibility,you must be joking.Apart from the build quality and superb steering Punto is a pass.
Regards,
Aneesh.

Last edited:
Hi
my first post

I need your advice on buying a new diesel hatch

This is for my bro. He needs a car with good road visibility

His options are Liva, Figo, i10Grand-Asta, VW polo and Ritz. In fact All these cars have driver seat height adjustment.

Thanks
I have driven few cars and IMO, Figo gaves you good visibility. but, sales of figo are dim, either it is Ford Ecosport or NO to Ford! Toyota Etios/Liva for the taxi market as they are fast replacing Indicas and Logans in metros.
Ritz is a option but may not be a good choice for spirited drivers rather the choice of family men. so, ultimately your criterion deems Swift or Swift Dzire a choice. join the bandwagon! [:)]

Top Bottom