Maruti Ritz Vs Hyundai Grand i10 (Petrol)

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

Please need your help to decide which car to buy.

I have narrowed down my search to Maruti Ritz Vs Hyundai Grand i10 (Petrol Version).

I will be driving mostly on weekends.

Iam looking for car which has Fuel effeciency, resale and less maintenance.

If i buy a Basic variant car, Can i change the wheel to alloy wheels in the first week itself.

Thanks,
Naveeen

For Ritz you can change your wheels to Alloy anytime, but MS dealership will not give any exchange value or advantage on this in General.

During my purchase of RITZ couple of months back I propose the same to my dealership but they didn't help me either.

I offered them, I'm willing to surrender all 5 tire & IRON wheels in the exchange of Ritz original Alloy and 185 section tyre which comes fitted with top-end version. Even I'm willing to take their relatively new demo Car's tyre & alloy wheels too... but they refused.

If you asking about Warranty, for MS car it won't get void.
--------------
Now I consider i10 Grand as it was some added goodies over ritz.

Thoroughly TD both of them if possible back to back and decide.

-------
For Ritz TD's I request you to ask dealer to arrange the exact variant for TD which you want to buy, Don't do the TD in their HighEnd variant, you may experienced different later if you finalised on Ritz. .

Hello Naveen, Welcome to TAI.

Let me try to help you in your buying process.

Grand i10 has been quite a revelation so far and going by the sales numbers its already a runaway hit.

I am driving a Ritz Petrol for the past 3.5 years and my experience with this car is very good.
ODO Reading - 40,000+
Mileage - 14-15 (C), 18+ (H)
Driving style - Sedate
Maintenance cost till date - ~Rs 22,000/-

My view of the car is as follows:

+ Good peppy K-series engine
+ Good car to drive in both city and highways
+ Driving position is awesome giving a very good view
+ FE is good

- Body roll is very high due to tall boy design
- Stock JK Tornadoes are pathetic
- Back seat ride is bumpy
- Back seat space is average

Overall i would say Ritz is a VFM car with a decent resale value.

Having said this i am sure that Grand i10 would be much better than Ritz when it comes to Back seat space and also the array of features it offer. FE i don't think it can match with the K-series but will be much better than the old i10's. It should fare well when it comes to resale value. If you want a latest car with an array of features my advise will be to go with Grand [glasses]

Regarding your query on alloys yes you can change that on Day 1 itself. If you are going for Ritz Lxi/Vxi, i would advise you to upgrade your tyres to 185/70 R14 as it gives much more stability and good road grip.

My advise to you is to do a TD of both Ritz and Grand i10 before taking a final call. [:)]

test drove grande and ritz back to back. (both petrol only)

grande :-
1. more spacious
2. more pickup
3. nice interiors

ritz :-
1. better road view (i don't know for others but i always find it best in ritz)
2. as informed by rahul hyundai A/c was better than ritz

naveen i will say test drive both back to back atleast 5 to 6 kms and then share your valuable expierence

Both are good cars.
Take back to back test drives and go by your heart.
Even i struck at Ritz vs Grand.
I dropped Ritz due to its inconsistent Panel gaps and not so thorough fit and finish.
Just open boot lid of both hatch backs you will understand what i mean about fit and finish

Ritz Zxi Advantages:
Ritz is a tall boy design (better ingress/egress), Airy Cabin, Higher Seating position (good overall view), thicker and supportive seat, under parcel tray (co-passenger side), adjustable headrests (front & rear), a great K Series engine (powerful, smooth and frugal with good gradeability), more informative MID, Rear Split Seat 60:40 (extended cargo space if needed), Robust body (Ritz 1030 Kg / heavier than Swift, Swift Dzire, Grand i10), Got NCAP rating (4 Star in Euro NCAP), Wider Tires (better stability), higher ground clearance (better Ramp Breakover angle to negotiate rough roads), better highway capabilities, Unique design and road presence, ABS+EBD+BA (Grand i10 has only ABS, no EBD+BA on Grand i10), Front ventilated Disc (reduced brake failure), Dual Horn (Grand i10 has single horn only), Rear Fog lamp (Grand i10 has no rear forg lamp), Speed Sensing auto door lock, Alloy Spare Wheel (Grand i10 is not giving alloy spare wheel) Audio Remote Control, Good turning radius, shorter bonnet (good for city driving), good discount (extends the VFM value), Maruti Service Network (easy to maintain), good resale value, proven machine (around for some time), rave reviews from owners (least complaints from users)

Grand i10 Asta (O) petrol Advantages:
Feature loaded - Dedicated rear A/C vent (first in segment), chilled glove box (quite useful), bluetooth, inbuilt media storage 1 GB (first in segment), push button start stop, luggage lamp, Gear shift indicator, master switch on fuse board, Reverse parking sensor, cool dual tone interior, Integrated turn indicators on ORVMs, chrome outside door handles, cute and neutral design, roof rails, electrically foldable ORVMs, larger boot 256 L (Ritz has only 236 L), more legroom for the rear passengers, newest in the segment (Ritz around for some time), customized fairly to local requirements and taste, good initial reviews by auto magazines, exciting sales figures.

Please correct or add if any.

Both cars are good. Two of the best hatchbacks in India with its positives and negatives. Take TD back to back and choose the car you are more comfortable with. cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
dsnaveen with so many options on market there is never a perfect car,we have to chose based on what fits our requirements and offcourse pocket[;)] the best.
We can make a sensible suggestions if you tell your precise requirements and priorities from your car.

dsnaveen with so many options on market there is never a perfect car,we have to chose based on what fits our requirements and offcourse pocket[;)] the best.
We can make a sensible suggestions if you tell your precise requirements and priorities from your car.
absolutely

also naveen am getting 40k discount on ritz 30k dealer discount and 10k loyalty

so it's costing me about 60k less than grand magna

Do we get Height adjustable front seat belts and light off/key off reminder in Grand? Ritz Zxi has got these features. When it comes to plastic quality, fit & finish, Grand has the legacy of Hyundai. Ritz has its focus more concentrated on functionality and simplicity in typical Maruti style with its interior color scheme rather sober in black/gray (dual tone) though.

Last edited:
Re: My Hyundai Grand i10 Asta (O) Petrol Review

Hi guys...! Honestly speaking, I have joined this site aafter reading this thread and to get help on buying my 1st car.
I am Dhruv, from Vadodara.
Need to decide from Ritz lxi vs Grand i10 era petrol.
By features, looks and interior I have almost decided to buy Grand i10.
But somewhere in my mind I am afraid to buy hyundai over maruti suzuki.
Please help...!!!

absolutely

also naveen am getting 40k discount on ritz 30k dealer discount and 10k loyalty

so it's costing me about 60k less than grand magna
Thats sounds like a deal.In 60K you can add lot more stuff to your Ritz.
1-If you like the looks of Ritz
2-If you are comfortable with the rear legrrom in Ritz
3-IF rear AC vent is not a major factor
teh price difference is worth considering.

Hi guys...! Honestly speaking, I have joined this site aafter reading this thread and to get help on buying my 1st car.
Please help...!!!
Welcome to TAI Dhruv,whats the concern about Hyundai buddy?

Last edited:
Ritz is a VFM vehicle.But its looks are outdated.Hyundai is claiming a better mileage in Grand.
Hyundai service had also picked up. No problem in going for a Grand if its waiting periods have reduced.

Welcome to TAI Dhruv,whats the concern about Hyundai buddy?
Hi Parth.
My concern about hyundai are
1. Grand i10's fuel efficiency equivalent to Ritz? (as I will never convert it to CNG)
2. Hyundai's maintenance as low as Maruti suzuki?
3. Hyundai's spareparts availability and cost is equivalent to Maruti?
4. Is hyundai's engine last as long as Maruti? (I am buying for very long term)

Hi Parth.
1. Grand i10's fuel efficiency equivalent to Ritz? (as I will never convert it to CNG)
Hi Dhruv5588,
Let me answer you
1.Ritz is more fuel efficient
2.Hyundai is more expensive in long run
3.More or less same with Hyundai a bit costlier
4.That's purely your luck,I have seen Zens with more than 200000 kms without any problem while my Zen had engine failure at 100000 kms.

If you like Ritz quirky design,then go ahead and buy it.But please buy a model with ABS and Airbag.
Regards,
Aneesh.

Please help...!!!
Hi Parth.
The biggest area of concern in i10 is the mileage which is unknown.The previous i10 which had the same engine was notorious for giving mileage as low as 9kmpl.
Ritz/swift petrol have a upper hand in this.

. Is hyundai's engine last as long as Maruti? (I am buying for very long term)
No problem in this area.Remember ppl are still using 1999 model santro and are happy with it.There are ppl who are fans of hyundai cars after using them over a long term.

Hyundai's maintenance as low as Maruti suzuki?
Hyundai's spareparts availability and cost is equivalent to Maruti?
Marutis have easier available/cheaper spare parts than any manufacturer because of their policy of providing parts to sellers outside dealers. Maintenance is also slightly lower than hyundai.But these two factors shouldnt be a dealbreaker.After all you arent buying a fiat !!.
The difference is there but not much to influence a buying decision.

My advice would be to check out ritz/swift.If you find them comparable to i10 grande after a extensive TD Go for them.If you like i10 grande more , wait for some time for ppl to update its mileage.

If you compare only features, remember that after discounts ritz will turn out to be 30-40k cheaper.For that money all the features can be bought and installed according to your preference.

Top Bottom