Which Sedan Below Rs.10 Lakh OTR?

Thread Starter #1
Hai
Am working offshore so i will drive my car only 5 weeks and will be in car garage for another 5 weeks, Max driving is 700-1000Km in that 5 week.
So am very confused about the current market now ( petrol price and vehicle price) both are climbing very fast now.
Which car will suite me best Diesel or Petrol?
Which is the best car available in the market.
Honda Amaze, City, Vento, Linea,

Thank you.
Menon

1000 kms in almost a year is very very low running. This does not require a diesel.

The best petrol sedan among the ones you listed above is the Honda city. However, if I was in your place, I would probably get the Linea T-Jet.

If you can stretch your budget a little, you will get the very impressive Vento Tsi, its a turbo petrol.

IMHO, Honda City will best suit your need. Do not buy Diesel, as the initial cost difference is pretty high. That amount, with your minimum usage shall take care of your petrol bills.

Hi menon86,

Welcome to TAI.

As per your requirement, since your usage is pretty low I would advise you to go for a petrol car. Since you are inclined towards sedan I would advise you to go for Maruti Dzire(P) or Honda Amaze(P).

Else you can look for a decent used car (<2 years old) and use it once a while.

Cheers,
Anshuman

1000 kms in almost a year is very very low running. This does not require a diesel.

The best petrol sedan among the ones you listed above is the Honda city. However, if I was in your place, I would probably get the Linea T-Jet.
I second this.
T-Jet is such a fun-to-drive car but you compromise on the rear seat comfort, it is bit cramped when compared with City and rattle noise over a period of time. Stiffer suspension gives confidence during cornering and keeps the handling performance far better than others in the same segment.

On the other side City with its NA gasoline engine is not sluggish. Its an all-rounder with best quality interiors and better rear seat comfort. Soft suspension is best suited for city driving and slow speed driving in rough roads. But reduces the confidence during high speed cornering.

Never driven Vento TSi, so no comments here.

If you are still looking for a fun-to-drive car for this budget, I would suggest a used Skoda Laura TSi.

Thread Starter #7

If you can stretch your budget a little, you will get the very impressive Vento Tsi, its a turbo petrol.
Hai Raj
.....I Said 700-1000 km in that 5 weeks. Avg about 6000Km in a year.
i am waiting for the 2014 Honda city launch. Also Vento Tsi is in my wish list i will go for a TD on my next Break.

Hi menon86,

Welcome to TAI.

As per your requirement, since your usage is pretty low I would advise you to go for a petrol car. Since you are inclined towards sedan I would advise you to go for Maruti Dzire(P) or Honda Amaze(P).

Else you can look for a decent used car (<2 years old) and use it once a while.

Cheers,
Anshuman
Hi Ansuman
i am not interested in compromised Sedan like Dezire, And lack of Boot space is also put me down.
cheers,
menon

Last edited by a moderator:
Petrol will suit you better than diesel. The choice shall be between amaze and linea. I would feel amaze, as its got an advantage of refinement.

Why dont you consider an ecosport?[surprise]

And if not in a hurry, would be better if you could wait till early 2014. City will be out. And if honda strategies are to be believed, it will be priced aggressively.

Last edited:
My personal opinion.. Keep away from FIAT. It could be a fun car to drive and all auto enthusiasts will recommend. But FIAT has a long way to go to improve its reputation in India. After sales service and poor resale value are biggest areas of concern.

Since you have 10L budget & usage is very limited you almost unlimited options:
Bigger ones - Vento, Rapid, Verna
Compact - Amaze, Dzire

I would recommend test driving all cars in your short list and picking the car which most appeals your head & heart. By doing so you may not end up with the best car in the market, but for sure with a car that best suits your needs.

Last edited:
FIAT has a long way to go to improve its reputation in India. After sales service and poor resale value are biggest areas of concern.

Compact - Amaze, Dzire
Completely agree with your point regarding FASS compared with Maruti, Hyundai, Honda, Ford, Toyota. But your are recommending a Skoda and i never knew that Skoda after sales service is better than Fiat[confused]

For the driving of around 5000 km/year, one should hardly visit the FASS and we easily live with it (though FASS is poor than the competitors)

Partly agree with you. However from what I hear from friends owning Skoda (at Coimbatore) ASS has improved quiet a lot. Should be lot better than FIAT, which is still not sure which direction to go. Let us see how they do with the renewed strategy (terminating TATA partnership & reopening own outlets).

I have owned a Mahindra, Toyota, Fiat and now Honda. The best A.S.S. experience in my case has been with FIAT.

So it all depends on your nearest A.S.S.

Menon86, looking at your set of requirements, Petrol is the way forward. I guess it would be best if you wait for the 2014 Honda City. The unveiling of the car is just around the corner and deliveries are supposed to start in Jan 2014.

Other cars you could look at

1. Vento TSI Automatic transmission - This will be slightly above the budget you have finalized but the Automatic transmission is an absolute boon to drive within the city.

2. Verna 1.6 VTVT SX(O) variant - This one is loaded with safety features and gizmos. Stylishly designed inside out. The ride is not as plush as maybe of some of its competitors, but for city usage, its pretty adequate.

3. Nissan Sunny CVT - Another automatic which will fit the bill. Acres of space, decent fuel efficiency. Though interiors are a little let down.

My personal opinion.. Keep away from FIAT. It could be a fun car to drive and all auto enthusiasts will recommend. But FIAT has a long way to go to improve its reputation in India. After sales service and poor resale value are biggest areas of concern.

Compact - Amaze, Dzire

I would recommend test driving all cars in your short list and picking the car which most appeals your head & heart. By doing so you may not end up with the best car in the market, but for sure with a car that best suits your needs.
Well Well....Here we go, you may see this...Pre sales is pathetic forget about ASS

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...very-experience-car-cancelled.html#post343628

I would probably get the Linea T-Jet.
I Third this![;)]

If you are still looking for a fun-to-drive car for this budget, I would suggest a used Skoda Laura TSi.
This one I second too.

Keep away from FIAT.
Read my signature!

But FIAT has a long way to go to improve its reputation in India. After sales service and poor resale value are biggest areas of concern.
What is bad about the service?

Completely agree with your point regarding FASS compared with Maruti, Hyundai, Honda, Ford, Toyota. But your are recommending a Skoda and i never knew that Skoda after sales service is better than Fiat[confused]
I have owned Fiat, Skoda and Maruti. Guess which was the worst experience.

For the driving of around 5000 km/year, one should hardly visit the FASS and we easily live with it (though FASS is poor than the competitors)
My brother and me drove 3 Fiats for 3.5 Lakh kms and visited the FASS for regular services mostly. Unscheduled visits to the workshop can be counted on the fingers of 1 hand and still have a couple of fingers to spare.

I have owned a Mahindra, Toyota, Fiat and now Honda. The best A.S.S. experience in my case has been with FIAT.

So it all depends on your nearest A.S.S.
+1

Top Bottom