March '13 Fiesta Style 1.5 TDCi @ Rs.8.7 Lakh (On-road). Worth it?

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,
A Ford dealer in Delhi is offering close to 1.9 lakh discount on the Ford Fiesta 1.5 tdci.
Clearly this is stock clearing but after discount I am getting it for 8.7 lakh on-road.
There is no other sedan available with these features at this price.
But as per VIN it is march-2013 model.

So do you all think it is with buying this car and worth investing this substantial money?
My logic is Ecosprt & Fiesta share same engine. So for critical parts should not be an issue and looks are anyways subjective and I am quite happy with fiesta's looks.

Your suggestions and feedback eagerly awaited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: A March- 2013 Ford Fiesta Style 1.5 TDCi -- Worth a buy 8.7 Delhi onroad ??

Thats a great offer. Even I got the same model just a week back. But when i decoded the VIN it was FEB 2013. Since Im planning to keep the car in a long term I dont mind this. The car is really worth now. It really fun to drive. It has got a wonderful gizmos in the base model itself like ABS, AirBags, Cruise Control, etc. There wont be any issue with the parts. Please go ahead with this offer.

Thread Starter #5
Thanks Anshuman...I will surely check the thread..
Meanwhile can i request you to mention a few critical must check points.. so that i thoroughly focus on them..
I have no previous car experience, so your advice & help would be very very helpful :)

Looking forward to your comments..

Thanks Anshuman...I will surely check the thread..
Meanwhile can i request you to mention a few critical must check points.. so that i thoroughly focus on them..
I have no previous car experience, so your advice & help would be very very helpful :)

Looking forward to your comments..
Pretty good discount you got there. The new fiesta is a competent product. However, there are some things which you will have to specifically look out for in these cars:

- Rust like formations on chrome parts of the car. Very common.
- Steering noise at low speeds. The steering shaft has to be checked and replaced if noise is found. Again, it is a very common issue.
- Some of the cast iron parts in the car will have rust on their surface. Nothing to be worried about, just check the integrity of the part, that's it. Some specific areas which you should look out for: Part behind the muffler, some suspension bits in the rear. If you find some, and can get those parts replaced from the dealer, nothing better. Else, as I said, just check the integrity and make a mention in the feedback form.

Good thing is, ford is very easy going on warranty replacements of all the parts. Please do note that the above mentioned points are actually specific to the new fiesta. Routine PDI has to be done.

Congratulations and enjoy the car.

Thanks,
Simple_car

Thread Starter #9
Hi msjawahar.. since you have just bought v the same car.. Can I ask you for couple of things:
1: Your cars VIN number? (This would help me cross-check the VIN that dealer is going to offer me)
2: Where could I find the VIN on this car ?
3: Any other thing I should check out be careful about??

Many thanks in advance for your help.

@Ankurb:
You can ask the dealer for Form 22, it will contain the VIN number.
Check the car for visual dent, fittings, and kms driven.

I'm also buying Fiesta diesel Style, got quote from 4 different dealers, trying to negotiate for the best price. Once finalized will post this thread. Haryana registration is least, UP(GHZ, Noida) comes second and the most expensive is Delhi. Luckily i can get UP registration.
What is the best deal we are getting and do we get any additional accessories with it.

Also if any one can help me on how to get a USB and Bluetooth installed for style variant? Is it possible?
Also can i get a front arm rest installed, what will be the cost?

Getting top model for an extra lakh, is it worth it?

Hello Ankurb, the deal you have got for the fiesta is good and there's no problem buying this instead of buying the classic version, anyhow i suggest you watch the vehicle inside out.

Since the car is lying with the dealer for more than 6 months, there would be some changes as it would kept in the open field ( like paint quality, rusting issues and stuff like that) than before.

Also have a friend to check the vehicle thoroughly, it might be a test drive car who knows and dealers would be waiting for this chance.

@Ankurb:
Also if any one can help me on how to get a USB and Bluetooth installed for style variant? Is it possible?
Ask the dealer itself, it is always possible to fix the top end variant's system fixed.
You could also try aftermarket ones like alpine,pioneer,JVC too.

Also can i get a front arm rest installed, what will be the cost?
Go here for more details:
Buy Universal Car Armrest Centre Console Hand Rest Online in India | Autotrends.in Online Car Accessories Store

Getting top model for an extra lakh, is it worth it?
Just glanced the features of style and titanium, IMHO style variant has everything that a top end model should, better choose style variant.

@vishwas:
Tried with 3 different dealers and they have no clue about USB fitting.
Not sure if we can get a 2 DIN music system installed in fiesta. Any one who has done it please guide.

i have installed the front arm rest in my Stile Diesel. It costs 15k. Its of leather make. But you can get the locally made for 2500 rs. For that you need to make a hole in the center console. With this it will fit exactly the center console. I will update the pictures of the front arm rest by today. I have inquired with service center to fit the USB, but they said there is no option for it in the Stile variant. IMHO, Stile variant has almost all the options included. The only thing which is available in the Titanium variant is Alloy Wheels, Voice Control, USB, Fuel Computer and some chrome fittings.

Last edited:
Congrats on your new car, the center armrest looks good.
Which color did you go for? What accessories did he offer apart from essential kit?

Top Bottom