Looking For Another Workhorse To Replace Chevy Optra

Thread Starter #1
TAI'ans,

It is time to replace my work horse Chevy Optra Magnum with a new car. BW I have reached my milestone of 10,000kms in my Ertiga.

I canceled my ES booking as I a tired of waiting and wanted to buy new one by this month. Kindly suggest me a best one.

Below are the details of what I need

> Your Budget: 6 lakhs

> New or Used: New Car

> Your Location: Chennai

> Top Five Priorities: FE, Low Maintenance, Comfort, Design, Luggage Space

> Monthly Running: 1,000 – 1,500 Kms

> Type of Fuel: Diesel

> For What Purpose: Regular Use

> Seating Capacity: Maximum 5 Adults

> Type of Segment: hatchback or Sedan

Tomorrow I will be out to showrooms to find latest price details.

Is 6 Lacs on-road price or ex-showroom?

For that price, I guess the diesel hatchbacks you will get are -

Indica Vista
i10 Grand
Chevrolet Beat
Mahindra Verito Vibe
Ford Figo

I would recommend the i10 grand.

Thread Starter #3
Is 6 Lacs on-road price or ex-showroom?

For that price, I guess the diesel hatchbacks you will get are -

Indica Vista
i10 Grand
Chevrolet Beat
Mahindra Verito Vibe
Ford Figo

I would recommend the i10 grand.
Thanks Raj I had visit to Tata, Maruti, Ford, Fiat showrooms yesterday.

Here is what I could find

Tata Indica Vista VX 2012 dec for 6L with 2nd and 3rd year insurance free. Then went to Fiat to check Punto active they gave me quote for 6L with some accessories free. Ford Figo realy did upset my ownership experience but still checked Figo Zxi 6.18L. Maruti cars out of my list as I dont like Ritz for its design and swift way too out of my budget.

Now on my way to Hyundai, Toyota and once again to other showrooms to check on Petrol cars. As diesel prices rising high I thought to consider petrol cars too.

Guys 98 views but no suggesions or comments.[cry]

Hi K!NkY,
Why not go for the i10 Grande?You may have to settle for a lower variant though.It ticks most of your requirements.
Regards,
Aneesh.

I think its better you buy the latest success model in the market like the grand i10 this way you its rest assured that over a period of time (^5 yrs) you will find spares and your resale value will be intact.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #6
Guys thanks for suggesting me Grand I10 today I went to some showrooms and testdriven

1. Punto: I loved this car it is solid build. But really cramped interiors and seat. My family said big NO for it after TD.

2. Grand I10 : I TD both petrol and diesel. The seats were not good. NVH was bad. Road noise from tyres made us crazy. I had a big hope that I would go with this car till yesterday.

3. Toyota Liva: No one liked it from my family interiors looked cheap for that price. We right away stepped out of the showroom.

4. Now thinking of going for Swift VDi or VXi. Not finalized yet.

5. Ritz out of our list as its looks don't appeal.

6. only left is Chevy Sail UVA and verito vibe might be I will not even check them as it never entered our list.

7. Nissan Micra and Rhino Pulse. Interiors not good. Too pricey

Now list has come down between 3 cars Swift, Indica Vista and Figo. Guys your inputs on them please.

Hi Kinky,

With your budget you can get only Swift LDI, Vista LX, or Figo ZXI

Of all 3, Figo ZXI will be most VFM. TD all 3, and provide your views.

Also driving Swift and Ertiga will make you feel driving same vehicle (almost).

Cheers,
Anshuman

Now list has come down between 3 cars Swift, Indica Vista and Figo. Guys your inputs on them please.
Since you already have Ertiga at home, I would suggest to remove Swift from your list (otherwise it is a good choice)

Out of Figo & Vista I vote for Vista, it is very much practical compared with Figo.

Thread Starter #9
Hi Kinky,

With your budget you can get only Swift LDI, Vista LX, or Figo ZXI

Of all 3, Figo ZXI will be most VFM. TD all 3, and provide your views.

Also driving Swift and Ertiga will make you feel driving same vehicle (almost).

Cheers,
Anshuman
Thanks anshuman. I can extend my budget till 7L also I have a deal for Vista 2012 VX with ABS for 5.6L and Figo Zxi. for 6.1L. I was owning Figo before Ertiga had bad experience with Service. Yes driving swift will resemble Ertiga but swift will be used by my family mostly

@Mr.Boss I am considering Vista too. will plan tomorrow with my family.

Thanks anshuman. I can extend my budget till 7L also I have a deal for Vista 2012 VX with ABS for 5.6L and Figo Zxi. for 6.1L. I was owning Figo before Ertiga had bad experience with Service. Yes driving swift will resemble Ertiga but swift will be used by my family mostly

@Mr.Boss I am considering Vista too. will plan tomorrow with my family.
Did you test drove the sail UVA ? It's quite a spacious car .

When you say you want to replace your old Optra, I believe you would prefer to have the same feel & driving dynamics in the new car. In that case the only two cars I would suggest within your mentioned budget are Polo HL & Fabia (since Punto is already out)...

It is time to replace my work horse Chevy Optra Magnum with a new car.
I was exactly at the very same situation. Was driving my Optra 1.8 LT for 3.5years and couple of months back started the serious hunt (will detail it out shortly in my ownership review). After multiple searches - got myself a TATA VISTA D90 ZX+, it matches finally most of what I enjoyed in my Optra - Space & Comfort.

I would suggest you check the Vista D90 VX - given your budget constrain.

I have finally started my ownership review of my Vista D90 ZX+ here. Do have a look - it will give you more perspective of why I chose this from my Optra.

Thread Starter #14
Hey Jason congrats on your new vista. I am still trying to finalise a best buy. Hope to come up this weekend.

Top Bottom