Advice On a Diesel Hatchback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Again a new car in family

This will be like my 2nd car , though bought by my uncle.

[ Not like the vista which i take only for regular maintenance and drive only in some occasion.]

We need a diesel hatch

as after modification , i may/maynot sell my marina and jump to bigger ones

The choices mainly considered are between
1. Swift LDI
2.Ritz LDI
3.Vista tdi

My choices are

1.swift
2.palio
3.Figo

Swift is a very good car , esp the diesel. This proposal is due to fiat engine gonna stop in the swift.

Confused , will the new maruti diesel engine will be as peppy as the present one.

Ritz is same with a 10K less price tag- though all hate the rear view.

If its vista strict only tdi - no quadrajet. If we need quadrajet , then we will move to swift

Already a vista tdi is there with another uncle.

Also this car will be like my own car.

So i love to see the palio too in this case.

I know about the fiat quality. the solid car of all in this range.

The budget is 4.5 to 4.8L
Punto/i20 are not considered . Getz prices have dropped but as its gonna been stop no plans to get them . [Also i am not a hyundai fan]

what do you suggest guys

Last edited:
I would recommend "Figo".

Palio is good car, but it will be phased-out soon. i think its not wise to consider it. same for Getz.

Since your budget is 4.5-4.8L, i don't think even Swift will come in that range. Ritz.. very few like its A$$.

Thread Starter #8
Punto is above 5.15L here ,prices are rough . Exact ones i'll post it from tommorow.

I'll be happy if i get a punto!
-----------Next Post-----------
The cost according to the website are

swift 4.79L
ritz 4.70L
punto active(base) 5.11L

Last edited:
Is there talk of a new diesel in the Swift??
Also, I am not so sure you will get any discounts on the Swift with the demand being what it is.
My recommendation is for the Swift.

Thread Starter #12
Any reason why not the swift. Why you have given two option
-----------Next Post-----------
No budget increase as of now.

But anything can happen at last moment after my uncle see's punto

I wana have a palio , except its 13 inch wheel i am happy with everything. But no one is happy with a fiat car.

I love fiats's design , esp its underbody and other parts inside them. Fine engineering then its fiat compared to vista and swift

Last edited:
Punto anyday if your uncle likes it. Otherwise, Palio.
Even the service for fiat will be better from Tata.
Fiat is very strict in the matter of Showroom and SC. I had noticed many changes in Showroom and service centre in my City as Fiat has come there. Even they had to change the showroom flooring as asked by Fiat.

I would recommend Punto if possible to increase your budget!!

Swift diesel i heard the waiting period is very long! My dad's friend who got one 6 months ago had to wait for nearly 3 months to get the car!! I drove the car it was ultra-smooth and refined! Everybody will mistake it for a petrol surely! Only while cranking it shows its a diesel!!

Palio and Getz as they are going to be phased out soon spare parts may become difficult to get!

Vista well am not a big fan of TATA when it comes to service but really like TATA for the huge space they offer.

Figo why not give a try. I heard Ford is trying to minimize the cost of spares!

Thread Starter #15
I would recommend Punto if possible to increase your budget!!

I love punto too. But its cost factor.

Swift diesel i heard the waiting period is very long! My dad's friend who got one 6 months ago had to wait for nearly 3 months to get the car!! I drove the car it was ultra-smooth and refined! Everybody will mistake it for a petrol surely! Only while cranking it shows its a diesel!!
Yes the diesel is too smooth . i have experienced that . Waiting time will kill. :agree:

Vista well am not a big fan of TATA when it comes to service but really like TATA for the huge space they offer.

We have lot of tata and tata friends around me. The vista tdi which we have is good also load of space. I am ok , if its with the quadrajet engine. As of now , if its gonna be a vista its tdi.

If its TATA /Maruti service will be done myself. I'll be happy if fiat spares are sold outside

Any idea what milage does quadrajet vista really give?

Figo why not give a try. I heard Ford is trying to minimize the cost of spares!

I like the car , But its not advisable to buy a car in the very first lot. Minor corrections will be carried out then (most of them will be silent). As its ford i am worries about the spares -forget the service

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom