Originally Posted by anshuman8
Any updates ? Did you get your car ?
I had a written agreement from dealer to show me Tyrian Wine Colour November made Manza by 28-Dec-13 and to deliver the car by 04-Jan-14. I really felt flattered by seeing that you remeber these. Thanks!
However, the dealer was not able to deliver the car on-time as well as colour and manufacturing month. He was on his knees since I had the written agreement which was legally enforceable. However, since I got a very good price quotation, I agreed to take the car somewhat later but with same price.
I settled for Laser Red Colour October made Manza which was shown to me today. I went to Singur (Lexus Motors Kolkata dealer's PDI place) and did the PDI today there. Also, I have driven the car 1 km and found everything satisfactory (I drove the car 1 km to ensure that the odometer reading increases, i.e., the odometer is not disconnected).
To my surprise, it had many niggles but after creating big scenes and making much problems everything was fixed totally.
Then I went to Lexus Motors showroom today and handed over a cheque to disburse rest of the amount (paid 49k as booking money on 07-Dec-13). Now-a-days, the registation is done in Salt Lake instead of Beltala (since I live in Salt Lake), it takes around 4 days for registration. This means that dealer wll get the money by Tuesday EOD and hence he can deliver me the car on Monday. I asked to deliver the car on 25-Jan-14 (since I don't have time except Saturdays an Sundays).
Then I went to Deco World Laketown (Kolkatans, please note the name) for my accessories order. Here are the things I am purchasing:
1. Autofoam Seat Cover (Black-Biege to match with Car Interior) of Pu Leather (U-shaped with vertical lines) - 6,000/-
2. Mud Flap - 350/-
3. Steering Cover - 350/-
4. Floor Mat (Transparent) - 1,400/-
5. Foot Mat (Transparent) - 1,400/-
6. "Diesel" written sticker - 230/-
7. Red Parking Sensor (Autocop) - 2,600/-
8. Waterproof Body Cover - 1,100/-
9. Underbody Antirust of 3M with 5 yrs Warranty for my Alto - 1,500/-
10. Stitching of My Alto Seat Cover (I already have Seat Cover) - 0/- (yes, free)
11. Underbody Antirust of 3M with 5 yrs Warranty for Manza - Didn't take since dealer is giving free of cost
12. Labor Charge - free
Total - 14,930/- rounded to 14,500/-. Did some advance so that they can order accessories for me.
Believe me, all the accessories are of real high quality and their work is really neat but the price is the lowest in Kolkata I can bet. The owner is a real nice guy and I have becomee fan of Decoworld.
On 25-Jan-14, I'll take my car delivery and fit all the accessories on the same day. Then I'll post pics as well.