Buying a Used Fiat Linea T-Jet

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I was contemplating on purchasing a car for 7L budget and was about to book the Grand i10.

In the meantime, I came across this advertisement : Used 2011 Fiat Linea Emotion T-Jet (D505263) for sale in Chennai - CarWale

The price looks tempting, spoke to the dealer.

Though, I have few questions here. IIRC, 2011 T-Jets come with alloy wheels (the turbine blade type, 16") as standard including the spare wheel. Or, am I getting confused with T-Jet and T-Jet plus?

The seller has mentioned that it is a Emotion variant which means it should have alloy wheels, leather seats etc etc.
Need your expert advice in choosing this car!

Thank you in advance.

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet

Dude

TJet is an amazing car and you will fall in love with the vehicle. The Turbo kick is addictive and it pulls like a locomotive.
You should go for the TJet as it is a value for money car.

First Check the VIN whether it was 2010 or 2011 manufactured. As far as I know late 2010 ones were sold in 2011 with hefty discounts.

Second check the ODO reading with service records at TASS/FASS.

T-Jet plus definitely had leather seats and some other extra features. IMO both had 4 alloys + 1 steel wheel.

Bargain the price accordingly. With launch of new Linea Classic prices of used Linea will drop further.

The piece which you have seen/considering should not be more than 4.25-4.5 lacs.

Hi,
FIAT Linea T-Jet is a powerful sedan. In 2011 models, Emotion pack is the Top Variant which will come with the Alloys/Leather seats. Since its a dealer, kindly check the service history with FIAT Service centers before buying the same.
2011 model cars will have the ground clearance very low. Its improved only in the 2012 models.
As per my knowledge this is bit expensive by 50 to 70K.

Last edited:
greaet, this car was last serviced on 12 Dec 2012 with 10999 kms on the odo. So the current 15000km odo reading seems pretty authentic.

So what's your decision?

Thread Starter #6
Sam, looks like you know all the details about this car. If you don't mind, can you please answer my query above regarding the alloys? Also, is it a 2012 model or 2011 model?

Thank you.

The name Fiat doesn't exude confidence with Indian customers. They have wonderful cars, but somehow not been able to nail down solid dealership /service network. I personally had a very bad experience with used Sienna.

We bought an 4 -5 years used Sienna Diesel in 2007 from known person, which had 80K on the odo for what-we-thought-was-throw-away price (1.8L to be precise). Immediately after purchase it started blowing fuse after fuse due to some electrical problem. Once that was rectified AC conked which couldn't be rectified even after repeated trips to service center. After close to 1 year of struggle when we wanted to sell it off, the best offer we got was 1L. After a lot of struggle somehow managed to sell off for 1.3L. But whole experience with the car was painful to say the least.

IMO, you should go with your original plan of buying i10 grand. Alternatively, look for other low mileage used cars like City, Fiesta or Verna. If you have time for search, for 7L you might be able to find Civic itself in very good condition and low mileage.

Sam, looks like you know all the details about this car. If you don't mind, can you please answer my query above regarding the alloys? Also, is it a 2012 model or 2011 model?

Thank you.
It is a 2011 model car.

The T-jet Plus came with Italian leather seats and 16 inch turbine alloys. The spare wheel too was an alloy one.

It is a 2011 model car.

The T-jet Plus came with Italian leather seats and 16 inch turbine alloys. The spare wheel too was an alloy one.
Yes I stand corrected from my earlier post. T-Jet came with Steel Wheel (15") and T-Jet Plus came with 16" Alloys (5)

From the given link, it is a T-Jet model not Plus.

Price should be negotiated by around 1 lac.

Thread Starter #10
Thank you so much for the information provided. @Sam : Special thanks to you.

I am dropping this deal as the dealer is not ready to match the price suggested here and I don't want to end paying more than its current value. So, it is going to be a new car and just got good news from the bank stating the they will fund 100% of the OTR cost which means I can save the down payment.

So, the list here goes as Grand i10, Polo, Swift and the budget cap is 7L. People are suggesting to buy the car in 2014 as I might get good discounts on the 2013 models. Any idea when the discounts will start for VW?

Top Bottom