Nissan Evalia vs Chevrolet Enjoy vs Maruti Ertiga (Diesel)

Thread Starter #1
What would you recommend? (diesel)
1. The mid-range enjoy ?
2. The mid-range evalia
3. The mid-range ertiga?
I want something for a family of 6 and use about 12K km a year. It should be good for elderly to get in and out and have decent luggage space without a roof rack

Go for the Enjoy. If you have any problems the dealer can't fix, you have Varun to help you out. Besides he's the DIY Guru of TAI and keeps doing small alterations / improvements in his cars. All you have to do is follow his thread and copy.

Go for Ertiga.
Total Value For Money.
Low Maintenance.
Low spare parts cost.
Capable engine.
Most important : ABS & 2nd Row AC in VDi. (Mid Range Model)

What would you recommend? (diesel)
1. The mid-range enjoy ?
2. The mid-range evalia
3. The mid-range ertiga?
I want something for a family of 6 and use about 12K km a year. It should be good for elderly to get in and out and have decent luggage space without a roof rack
You can buy enjoy if you need space,good engine response, VM etc. There are no issues so far. I had few but the components were replaced with a weeks time. I would suggest you to get LT variant as it has all most all the necessary equipments.
Your second choice would be Ertiga. Cant comment about Evalia since I have never seen it closely or driven it.

Go for the Enjoy. If you have any problems the dealer can't fix, you have Varun to help you out. Besides he's the DIY Guru of TAI and keeps doing small alterations / improvements in his cars. All you have to do is follow his thread and copy.
Thanks for your compliments sir. I have already started to see the in & out of the car. I could feel there are no much complicated mechanism / equipments. So there would be no issues for the dealer to fix them.

Last edited:
Dear tdcarlover, you have to give your budget, your preferences and priorities to suggest better vehicle in the lot, okay based on some assumptions and as an Enjoy owner, will suggest you some points:

- Budget Upto 9-10 lakhs (considering the mid range models of cars you mentioned).
+ Enjoy LT: For VFM for features offered,7 people to sit and travel comfortably and creature comforts.
+ Ertiga VDI: For Better fuel efficiency, quality interiors, Best A.S.S.
+ Evalia XE : For Full comfort, super good drivability, Comfortable 8 seats, Good FE

- Enjoy LT: Bad A.S.S, ride is bumpy, average fuel efficiency of 14 in cites and 17 in highways, Cheap quality interiors and hard plastics.

- Ertiga VDI: Cramped interiors, low GC
- Evalia XE : Price not justified,Base Model itself costs more than 10 lakhs, Scarcity of A.S.S. Leaf springs at rear.

Seems like Ertiga is a good choice if you can manage with 6 people on-board and luggage behind.

Its an outdated thread. Evalia is no longer in production. Enjoy is also on its way out. Mobilio and Lodgy (albeit both with poor sales) are the choices to Ertiga here.

I think enjoy will be nice pick. it can comfortably sits 6 people n really a enjoyable drive
Apart from being called a 6 seater, Enjoy leaves a lot to be desired such as bad service,hard plastics etc., these factors is where Maruti Ertiga is in scope.

Its an outdated thread. Evalia is no longer in production. Enjoy is also on its way out. Mobilio and Lodgy (albeit both with poor sales) are the choices to Ertiga here.
As far as the discussions goes, nothing is outdated. MPV segment as a whole in Indian market is giving way to smaller SUVs. Ertiga being an exception.

Top Bottom