Punto Active For Rs.5.4 Lakhs. Deal or No Deal?

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Need for car:
Fact that Ecosport is not readily available which was my first choice and the fact that my existing car is 7 years old and is demanding attention every now and then. Average is low as well with 10 KM/l.

I do not want to wait any more for 6-10 months.

I was thinking of buying a basic car for office communte and may be revisit the car scene in a year or so.

Benefit of waiting would mean:

1. New models would be available like XA Alpha, Ecosport offself delivery

2. No immediate pressure on Finances. I can afford 4-5 lakhs in cash easily rest has to be financed by loan.

However if I defer my purchase, I would easily be able to fund 10 L directly from cash. So interest saved is another advantage.

Loss would be :

1. I wont be driving my first choice car
2. Loss on resale. I intent to though keep Punto as a second car for family needs.

Monthly running is : 1000 KM.

Decision :
Buy a basic car like say PUNTO ACTIVE at 5.4 OR/Delhi Price. Another car I liked was BRIO but it felt toy like and not as solid as PUNTO.

M tad confused if Punto makes sense or there other alternatives at same price range.

Re: Punto Active at 5.4 Lakhs..Deal or No Deal?

There are many upcoming new models are coming in early 2014 for example, Honda Jazz, New Fiat Punto/Abarth, Figo, VW Polo etc. Since you already have a car it may be a worth to wait.

However, If you want to buy the car immediately, Punto is surely a good car to own. However, I would recommend Punto Dynamic Diesel car instead of Active. 'Coz for a little more of thousands, you would get ABS. The Other recommendation I can give is Ford Figo Titanium Diesel.

@ gauraviift: As your monthly running is 1000 km, I strongly suggest you to go for diesel car.
As you have mentioned Ecosport, I assume that your budget is around 7 to 7.5. In this budget, there are lots of options of capable diesel hatchbacks. I will suggest following,
1. Maruti Swift: Needs no words to describe, very proven car & nowadays available without waiting period. Of course you can turn her down if you are looking for some exclusivity.
2. Ford Figo: Very good city car. Comes loaded with features. But just like Swift, no exclusivity factor.
3. Fiat Punto: Very well rounded car, gorgeous looks, superb ride quality, brilliant dynamics & steering feel. It will satisfy the enthusiast in you. As mentioned by Raaj, Dynamic variant is really VFM. On flip side, people have their own perceptions about Fiat brand so be ready to see shocked faces of your friends/neighbours. :biggrin: Also Keep in mind that it will fetch you lower resale. But you will never regret buying Punto.

Hope it helps. Stop thinking, Start driving [drive]. Best Luck. Keep us posted about your decision.

Last edited:

Hi gauraviift,
If you are in a hurry you should have a look at Swift,I never liked it's looks,but last week had a test drive of the Petrol one,boy it was so nice,I wanted to buy it immediately, but the absence of an auto box was a deterrent. The driveability and handling are too good,and ride quality is up there.After the test drive I realized why it sells like hot cakes. Punto is getting a facelift next year, so keep that in mind.I had a tough time in finding a comfortable driving position in Punto.If not in a hurry well then you have lot of options coming up.
Regards,
Aneesh.

Thread Starter #6
Please suggest this DEAL for 1.3 MJD Punto@ Delhi

Hi Buddy,

Need your help please.

Also I am getting a geal of 5.40 On road in Delhi with for 1.3 MJD Active

- Leather Steering Wheel & Gear Knob
- Car Cover
- Reverse Parking Sensor
- Floor Mat & Mud Flaps - Standard Kit
- Body Colored OVRM & Door Handles
- 50 Month RSA
- Extended Warranty

Hows deal buddy? Should I press for anything further say free Insurance....

Just today we negotiated for Linea in Bangalore , offers are -

Free Insurance
23K Cash discount
RSA free
Insurance free
1L exchange/loyalty bonus.

But you have got a good accessory list.

Thread Starter #8
Just today we negotiated for Linea in Bangalore , offers are -

Free Insurance
23K Cash discount
RSA free
Insurance free
1L exchange/loyalty bonus.

But you have got a good accessory list.
Not bad...Purely on numbers u got a better deal. Above list of accessory wont cost much say 10K.

Punto On road is : 6,41,354
Discount : 85000

Net Price - 5,56,000

Cash Discount is just 11,000
Corporate Discount is 5,000
=====================
Final Price is 5,40,000
======================

Thread Starter #15

Top Bottom