Bought a Used Hyundai Accent Executive. Is it a Good Deal?

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

After coming back to India, I was looking for a used car. I was initially looking for a used ford ikon 1.6 because I used to own one. My budget was 1.5 to 2 L.

Saw few ford ikon and rejected it. (Actually my mechanic whom I know for sometime rejected it) Reason for one being accident history and second was aged car 2001 model. [confused]

I zeroed in to a March 2010 Getz GVS and though I was not impressed with engine power, the desperation to get a car was getting to me. Price for the same was 2.5 L. It was over budget but the car was driven just 18K and was almost new. (Even seat polythene cover was not removed. The owner said that he will sell it once his visa get approved. After one week he called and said that his visa activity is postponed and car is not for sale anymore[frustration]

Next, i saw a quikr add by a KPMG guy who wanted to sell his December 2010, 35K driven white accent executive. Initially he quoted 3.5L but due to urgency he brought down to 2.95. I checked the car with a fellow friend and later by mechanic who was very impressed this time. I negotiated a little bit but finally sealed the deal at 2.90L. The owner requested to give the car on 27th Sep evening as he is still in this place for a week and need the car.

I am waiting for 27th now. [roll] Will share the pics once it come to me.

Nishant

Re: Brought a used Hyundai Accent Executive. Is it an ok deal?

Dear Nishant,

Welcome back to Motherland. No place like home, right?[:)]

Why buy a car that is no longer in production? Anyways, for Rs. 3 lakhs, you could get a low run second generation Honda City VTEC in top shape that will give you many kilometres of trouble free service and would be more fuel efficient while at it than the Accent. Heck, for Rs. 4 lakhs you may even get the current model City. Add Rs. 50000 more and you are suddenly looking at proper D segment cars like the Civic.

Had you looked hard, you'd have found that there are many such/better good deals in the used petrol car market and you wouldn't have believed your luck how 'that' car would have ended up landing in your lap.

Regards,
Sam

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3

Hi Sam,

The reason for settling for Hyundai Accent although its out of production.

1. I like the ageless look of accent and my wife likes it too (my wife didnt like the getz at all)
2. Accent is a proven model and this one is driven like a baby. Mechanic confirmed that engine is almost new. so for 2.90 L, I was getting a smoothly driven by a white collared guy.
3. Thought of City as well but was getting all with 60k above running and at around 3.5 which exceeded our already stretched budget.
4. I need a car for 2 yr max after which I am planning for SUV segment so this arrangement looks fine.
5. You guys will agree that after maruti, hyundai has got goot repo in ASS, and this car was serviced in Hyundai only. so a plus point on that.
6. Valuation of the car shows that its priced at 3.5plus so i think the deal is worth but need to wait and drive it for 2-3K miles till i make final judgement.

Nishant

Hi Nishant looks like you finalised your buy. you and your wife liked then why not go for it. But remember used cars cannot be justified for how it would run longer. Hyundai provides better service but remember the spares are costly for accent. My friend bought a used accent with help of Hyundai used car services of 2.6L and owned for 1.5 years he spend 2L for repairs and finaly exchanged it for new swift for 1.2L. During his 1.5 year ownership he almost changed everything. I am not trying to put you down but be aware of it. Happy motoring looking for pictures of your accent.

Thread Starter #6

Hi Kinky,

Thanks for the info. I just hope that I donot have same experience like your friend.

Lets wait till this friday after which I can give you more details after driving experience.

Nishant

My 1 cent (Do not take it as opposing) - If you have decided & finalized your deal its better not to ask / discuss about it. Just go ahead and enjoy the drive. ofcourse if you are still in any dilemma if you should buy or not then go ahead and TAI members will be here always to help you. by the way did you pay the owner or will have a check on the car post 28th Sept? IMO you can check it once again before actually paying & getting the car in your hand. Do upload your ownership report once you actually owns & drives the car. Happy miles ahead

Thread Starter #8

Hi Mahesh,

I have closed the deal and paid him some amount. and yes, I did a thorough check of the car (mysel, a friend and a known trusted mechanic). Apart from that I have also checked the insurance papers (no claims till date) and the service report from hyundai.

Rest luck man.

Nishant

I have a Hyundai Accent Executive ran 35k Km. There is no squeak or rattles. There were no engine issue. It runs without any trouble. I service it every 6 months fill the petrol and forget. I get around 11-12 in Bangalore city and on highways I get 15-16 depends on my AC usage. I can bet you, it will serve you well for next two years. No need to worry about Accent. Please let me know, if you have any doubts about it. It is a decent car for highways too.

As per the pic the car is MH01 passing if I am not wrong. My observation In Pune. Mumbai passing vehicles have less value.

Also can you tell if you have directly contacted the owner or getting this deal thru some agent

Finally Is the owner first owner of the car?

I think you can do some more bargain if possible.

Thread Starter #12
Yeah, the bumper has got few scratched.. Plan is to drive the car for few months, save some money and then put it on car. Atleast next 6 month i dont have enough to upgrade the car..

Thread Starter #13
Hi Konkantrip,

I directly contacted the guy, no dealers. And I negotiated but the car is alreayd going 50k below the valuation and there were other people in line too. Only benefit was this guy trying to sell it quickly, else this car would have fetched atleast 3.30 Plus in my opinion.

Its a MH01 but stayed in mumbai for 3-4 months only after which the owner stayed in pune so car is driven in pune only. Also, I am not thinking on resale point of view now :)

Nishant

Hi Nishant looks like you finalised your buy. you and your wife liked then why not go for it. But remember used cars cannot be justified for how it would run longer. Hyundai provides better service but remember the spares are costly for accent. My friend bought a used accent with help of Hyundai used car services of 2.6L and owned for 1.5 years he spend 2L for repairs and finaly exchanged it for new swift for 1.2L. During his 1.5 year ownership he almost changed everything. I am not trying to put you down but be aware of it. Happy motoring looking for pictures of your accent.
Kinky,

This may be the Accent CRDI, they are famous for their maintenance, but Accent petrol has no such issues(except less mileage) compared to them.

Nishant@

One guy in our office bought an accent(brand new) 4 months before. Not sure what made him to select this car now. There is nothing bad in this car except the car production stopped and mileage is around 12KMPL. My personal opinion is there is no other sedan currently available can match the comfort of Accents/lancer in less than 10 lakh budget.

One of my friend had one petrol accent 2001 model sold at 1.69K KM on Odo. & bought Verna 6 months before. At one time his car's ECM got compliant and mileage came low as 6-8 Km/pl and replaced it. except there was no major problems came.

Thread Starter #15
Hi Reelesh,
Thanks for good words on accent. I just have one issue. I am 6 ft so getting in and out sometime will get irritating. I also heard low average but I can bear that as my usage will be mostly on weekends or short trip. 100 - 200km. I will be rarely using it for b office purpose as bike is the faster medium in busy traffic. :)

Top Bottom