Buying a New Tata Nano 2013

Thread Starter #1
My friend is looking to buy Tata Nano. The confusion here is that has the 2013 model launched? And if yes, does it have power steering?

Also any idea on when the Diesel version is scheduled to launch and any leaks on what price tag will it carry?

Also what is an average maintenance cost over a year?

Inputs are most welcome

Thread Starter #3
Re: Tata Nano 2013

Also any details on the mileage figures of Nano petrol? Company website displays 25kmpl, but in city traffic i doubt it.

Re: Tata Nano 2013

There is a thread on Nano 2013. Please search the forum.

The real time city FE of Nano is anywhere between 15-18 KMPL. In highways you are sure to get 20-23 KMPL.

In my opinion, nano's highway average could be neglected as the car is meant mostly for city driving.

I have not heard about launch of diesel nano :rolleyes:

Dear Icecool,

Kindly suggest your friend to go for some other car. I have a Nano and I know how bad the car and A.S.S. of Tata motors is. No matter how many changes do they bring to the Nano, it will remain the same. Lastly, if your friend still buys and thereafter regrets after some days, do tell him to read this post for not listening to this advice. Kindly tell him to put some more money and buy some other car. One entry level car which is indeed the best is Chevrolet spark. I am now regretting for not buying it. However, I must admit that after all the negatives I am facing, the mileage is superb which no other petrol car would offer. I am getting 20kpl with AC.

Thread Starter #9
well thanks for the scary responses [;)], i have asked my friend to increase budget and look for eon / spark. But I think he wont chose spark because of bad mileage.

Also comes in a second option of a well maintained used car. The search is ON

I dont understand what kinda negative experiences did you all have got as i am a nano lx owner from last 2 years. Clocking close to 18000 kms in 2 years and except initial hard clutch which was resolved in 2000 kms and brake not getting the bite required is an issue but it comes as a issue only you are close to 100 and for which the nano is not designed at all.

Also all of my requests and other stuff are taken care by tata customer whenevr i mailed them, so overall me and all my friends who own the tata nano in pune are having no issues with the car and many of us do hit highways regularly without issues and mileage is around 18 -29 with a/c on 75% of times.

Even iam also using 2012 model sine last 1 year. For city and occasional highways its the best car with that price range. Even i didnt face any problem with assistance. Eon & Spark is also not a highway cars(in my opinion).
If you are considering for highway journey stretch your budget a bit and go for any B Segment hatches

Top Bottom