On Buying a Test Driven Storme From Showroom

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

My colleague is planning to go for a Test Driven Storme.

The Vehicle is driven for around 3-4K Kms. Dont know the year of manufacture and variant, but we guess it would be a VX version.

discount is being offer around 2-3L.

Should he go for it? If yes what kind of checks would need to be done. if its a 2012 manufactured vehicle should he go for it?

My honest opinion is to stay off from test driven vehicles. They have had been abused by many prospective customers and are often used by showroom employees to transport people or goods.

Had it been a display piece or a stockyard one, I still would have advised to go for it.

Hope this helps,
Anshuman

You can test the vehicle throughly If you find some niggles , dents , accidents you can stay away or else it can be a good deal

If I were your friend, then I won't opt for it unless I plan to sell the car in 1-2 years which I think he may not. Long term use, then test drive car is not a good option as those cars are badly handled ones.

Get the reg number of vehicle and play with this site
http://www.tatamotorsassured.com/index.php?option=com_tmasell&view=tmasell

Why the dealer would sell the TD car,?
If new /upgraded model of same car is launched recently , then he has to discontinue previous TD ca r and provide new upgraded car for the TD, hence old TD car comes for sale , hence, possibility of getting a discontinued model is high ( TATAS might be thinking of discontinue the old storme and make Explorer their routine product) ).
Else there is possibility of closure of dealership, in that case wherewould he go to service or repair the car if a serious problem surfaces. I mean who will take responsibility?

Problems associated with buying a TD car.

New custemers will always take a full TD, obviously they won't shell out hard earned money without TD. As the 8 to 10 lac Rs car custemers are not going to be a first timers, hence they will put the TD car under proper test for suspension, GC at worst conditions leading to weak suspensions.

Also TD car will be revved to at least 3 to 4 k rpm, by the TD custemer, which will void the running in rules.
Running- in is a most important factor in the car's future,. Running -in allows the cars aluminium pistons, crank case , valves to gradually swell and acclimatise the hot engine conditions. If engine is revved at high rpm during running in , its parts will have mismatched dimensions, leading to permanent malfunction, low FE ,misfire, low power.It will require FREQUENT REPAIR WORK . For an individual custemer, it going to be headache , loss of peace of mind. Yes, cost of headache will be the discount qouted.

Car revved beyond the running-in limits are bound to change internal dimension of pistons, crank case, leading to gaps in between them.The gaps lead to leakage of fuel through them, leading to increased oil levels and reduction in viscosity of oil. This in turn leads to emission problems .

I would suggest to go for this option only if your friend intends to use it as a 'beater' car. I mean buying it for abuse/overusing. If it for self driving/fun/family use it may be risky.

I would suggest to check the condition of vehicle & its history from the mechanic / sales executive of that particular A.S.S with an existing customer.

I had a similar experience in buying a TD vehicle for my relative. Sales executive was very eager in pushing the vehicle to us, stating that the vehicle is used only for 6k km and very well maintained. But our regular service adviser and mechanic asked to stay back as the vehicle met with a major accident.

Someone with good relationship inside the A.S.S could get you the right history of the vehicle.

Thread Starter #10
Hi, Thank you all for your valuable suggestions. I have given these inputs to my friend. He is still undecided on the car.

Will keep you updated on the same.

Thread Starter #11
Finally my colleague has decided that he will not go in for big SUV. his requirements are different at this point in time. if he has to then he may go upto a sedan but not an SUV. he was basically bowled over my storme. However in the battle of heart and mind, the mind prevailed in this case.

If there are any new updates I will post here.

Stay away with Demo vehicle, It's ever clocked less in odo but ruined much by Customer who had took test drive of it. You know what i mean. Do not see ever on tempt offer.

Thread Starter #14
Hi everyone, An update and an interesting one

Firstly thank you to all for your valuable inputs and suggestions, the story goes :

Come January, again my boss and me had a discussion the car. He had now finally decided to go for one, but not sure which one to go for.

Bit of his history,

He had used Indica V2 Extensively for around 8 years, after that had briefly purchase Zen (sold it off in 15 days) After that has been using Estilo and Wagon R (CNG)

Both his cars are now old (over 8 years) and now he finally made up his mind to go for a new car. Well me and my other collegue kind of brainwashed him to go for a big vehicle (we both own Dicor and Storme)

Boss had like the stance of Storme/Dicor equally and so we went to Tejaswi Motors for having a look at vehicles. At this point of time we had a rather detailed discussion on different vehicles that he could opt for. His budget was around 10L and was open to choices.

Storme
Dicor
Aria
Manza Club-class

So on 4th Feb we 3 went to Tejaswi motors, and great confusion was awaiting us.

Dicor
As soon as we went there and enquired about Dicor, there was 3 year old dicor for around 9 lakhs. Very well maintained one.
There starts the confusion.

Storme
Then had a look at Storme EX, (his primary choice). He just loved it.

Manza
Then had him TD manza Clubclass. He was sold on the interiors, driving comfort, NVH level of the vehicle. Manza is truly class apart. (OT: If Manza is class apart, Zest would be just another level in comforts I guess)
His words, forget the shape, inside its a luxury vehicle. Discount offered in 2013 vehicle (60K) To make matters worse, they had 2012 manza EXL (with italian leather seats) at more than 1.3 lacs lower.
Another feather in confusion list.

We found something wrong with us. Each vehicle we saw, we liked and like so much that we could not make any descision. The Sales team at Tejaswi motors were extremely courteous and addressed our every idiotic queries. I wish to thank them personally.

This was not the end of it.

Aria
Our internet search on Aria also had evoked extreme interest and my boss wanted to have look at it as well

He left early that day contacted the sales team at Concorde motors, had them visit his place near LB nagar.

I got to know that, he had asked for Storme, Aria, Manza for TD at his residence that evening. He had TD all the 3 cars till 9 pm that night.

Choice:
Well he had to choose only one, and with heavy heart he had to let go off manza as their pet dog and his 2 kids and parent cannot fit in. But the price point of Manza and driving pleasure was too much for him to let go off. However he eliminated that.

Then choice between Aria Pure (not PureLX) and Storme Ex. His heart said Storme and his family said Aria. They loved the Vehicle and the space it offered and the luxury it offers.

So Finally the descision made was Aria pure.

Aria is a superb choice can you tell us the pricings also can you brief us on the Dicor for 9L pricing which was three year old.

Top Bottom