Bailed Out From Ecosport. What's Next?

Thread Starter #1
Hello TAIgers,
Just one more thread for people to discuss on the alternative for Ecosport, as more and more people are cancelling their existing bookings I think next big questions is what's next? This way we will keep the Ecosport thread for Ecosport related posts and at the same time we will avoid the unnecessary arguments and heat on that thread.

You may post your alternatives or any other car in the near vicinity.

I have cancelled my booking, and have Verna in the top of the list. But I think I will wait till next year, then I take a call.
Other interesting alternative I am looking for are, Nissan Terrano: waiting for the price information.

Mods, if you feel this is not necessary please delete the thread.

Last edited:
Re: Bailed out from Ecosport, whats next?

Good work INDIAN.
I have Alto k10 and Sx4 diesel,thought to replace sx4 with ecosport and booked it.After test drive(which was available almost a month after launch in mangalore),realised its not alternate to SX4.Petrol prices started shooting up and we decided to sell our Alto and keep sx4. Dont get me wrong here,Ecosport is not my k10s replacement[;)]
70 days of waiting,no updates on car,price hike,feature deletion etc etc just made me cancel ecosport,still i have not got the refund from dealer(10 days passed)

Right now i have booked Grand I10 diesel Asta (O),got good deal for K10[:)]

I will consider new cars which would be launched,diesel honda city(hopefully diwali launch),next gen sx4 sedan,XA Alpha or CSUV from other manufacturers

Re: Bailed out from Ecosport, whats next?

I cancelled my ES (1.5 P Titanium and booked Verna 1.6 vtvt petol SX and will be taking delivery somewhere next week. I zero'd in on Verna after considering all these:

Common special features
- ABS
- Auto climate control
- Music system with bluetooth
- Alloy wheels
- Reverse sensors

ES over Verna
- Better driving position
- Push start (Not sure if would have got this feature when my car gets delivered)
- Light steering
- Seat height adjuster
- Stunning looks
- Better audio system
- Sync
- 70k less in price

Verna over ES
- EBD
- No turbo lag. Just hit the acc and the car vroooooommmmmsss...
- Electrically foldable mirrors
- Reverse camera
- No body rollover
- Sexy look
- Better stability
- Better high speed handling (compared to ES)
- Safer door locks than ES
- Better boot space
- Better after sales service
- Cheaper spares
- Better resale value

On top of these i dint want to spend over 9L for a sub 4 meter car. All these made me to select Verna hoping i will like it....[;)]

Last edited:
Ertiga is one nice car if you can digest the looks. When it was launched I did take a look at it. If there was an AT, I might have even bought one. With its third row and a nice engine, it brings in tremendous value. And it is the right size for our roads unlike the hefty Innova.

IMHO , I think if one has time in hand and is in no hurry and has decided to cancel the ecosport , next year will hope fully bring many alternatives like the Honda jaaz , Honda urban SUV , Hyundai mini SUV , fiat mini SUV and hopefully the maruti mini SUV too .

By that time I think ecosport fever will also come down . So incase some one decides to re visit the ecosport one can do that too .

But if someone is in hurry then they need to think if they want the car in UV category or sedan or hatchback category . And then start a thread regarding that and take suggestions from fellow members .

Guys, If not ES then you must make your mind to which segment you need to go with. If your need is for carrying 4 people then go for a better sedan or you have tight parkings go in for Hatchbacks. You can also look for MUV and SUV's if your need is for a big family. This all depends on your requirement. I would suggest to TD and review a car before buying it and not regret later.

members are here in this thread because of the following reasons:-

jumped in to conclusion as you are carried along with the wave that took more people towards ford showroom and forgot your requirement after falling in love with the awesome looks of the beauty beast.
or​
Got frustrated by the delay and canceled your Ecosport delivery delay or the way ford dealers ill-treated you.

so don't keep this points aside and make sure you learn lesson by loosing either 3000 rupees or free of cost.

make sure your next car fits your requirement at 100 % or make your mind set to love your next car at 100 %
make sure before booking on when it will be delivered and ever if required please check with the customer who is taking delivery to ask him when he booked and how long it took

why am telling all this .... you want a one liner instead of lecturer from me okay here you go

You should love the car you have or going to have or else it will ruin both you and your cars life

I had made two booking for ecosport diesel titanium and trend, thinking that which ever variant is delivered early I will go for it, but later realized that titanium is more vfm compare to trend, so I spoke to my SA he advised me not to cancel the booking for trend, so that he can transfer booking amount of trend to titanium at the time of billing, till this point every thing was fine and I was ready to wait for 8 months,

But just after a week ford announced price hike of 50000 for titanium, three days later two major features removed from titanium, this move from ford made me to cancel the Bookings,

Yesterday I visited the showroom for cancellation and spoke to Manger she has assured me full 50k refund because I'm not cancelling booking for trend, but once I get full 50k refunded for titanium later I will also cancel booking for trend, so that I loose 3k instead of 6k,

ES over Verna
- Light steering
Are you sure about this? Because I have driven ES and have heard that Hyundai car's steering are very light (I have driven I20). So as per me ES have bit heavier steering than hyundais.

Just can any one please note the features that FORD have stripped off ?

Guys please help me to choose between verna and duster(85ps) ,
Please note I already have a verna 2010 model(not fluidic)
I love verna over duster for following reasons,
1) fluidic design and best looking car in its segment,
2) more powerful engine compare to duster ,
3) very good ergonomics compare to duster,
4) I will get abs, ebd and electrically foldable mirrors(not available in duster rxl and optional variant is out of my budget)
5) Stylish interiors over duster

Advantages of duster over verna
1) Better road presence and ground clearance,
2) looks big compare to verna,

Are you sure about this? Because I have driven ES and have heard that Hyundai car's steering are very light (I have driven I20). So as per me ES have bit heavier steering than hyundais.

Just can any one please note the features that FORD have stripped off ?
Push button start and key less entry has been removed from titanium variant,

So far I have not cancelled the booking, but gave ultimatum to ford, deliver on or before 25th Oct, else I will cancel the booking. [;)].
On serious note, I find Etriga VXI ABS better option.
I am a fan of 'tall boy' cars, and dislike low sitting position of sedan / hatch.
Quanto is another option I am looking, but all forums are screaming about body roll. The look does not matter to me. Every tall car looks beautiful to me.
Any advice / suggestion?

Thread Starter #13
Guys please help me to choose between verna and duster(85ps) ,
Please note I already have a verna 2010 model(not fluidic)
I love verna over duster for following reasons,
1) fluidic design and best looking car in its segment,
2) more powerful engine compare to duster ,
3) very good ergonomics compare to duster,
4) I will get abs, ebd and electrically foldable mirrors(not available in duster rxl and optional variant is out of my budget)
5) Stylish interiors over duster

Advantages of duster over verna
1) Better road presence and ground clearance,
2) looks big compare to verna,
Naveen, as per your observations advantages of Duster is minimal, but ground clearance one thing you should be worrid more. See what kind of terrain you are driving and if the added GC has real need. If you can scarifies i think Verna is the better option. Also Verna comes with rear disk brakes(no other manufacturer in this category offers it) [clap]

I have driven Duster 115Ps extensively and It drives well and makes you feel you are on a SUV But one thing though this Duster belongs to my cousin, and he has 2 kids they refuse to sit in the back seat and they claim that they get a nausea and they prefer their old Bolero. So check that factor too. I know some people also complained the same about Verna too. Do you think you can wait till the price declaration by Nissan on Terrano.

So far I have not cancelled the booking, but gave ultimatum to ford, deliver on or before 25th Oct, else I will cancel the booking. [;)].
On serious note, I find Etriga VXI ABS better option.
I am a fan of 'tall boy' cars, and dislike low sitting position of sedan / hatch.
Quanto is another option I am looking, but all forums are screaming about body roll. The look does not matter to me. Every tall car looks beautiful to me.
Any advice / suggestion?
How About Storme? Tall and Big. [glasses]

Naveen, as per your observations advantages of Duster is minimal, but ground clearance one thing you should be worrid more. See what kind of terrain you are driving and if the added GC has real need. If you can scarifies i think Verna is the better option. Also Verna comes with rear disk brakes(no other manufacturer in this category offers it) [clap]

I have driven Duster 115Ps extensively and It drives well and makes you feel you are on a SUV But one thing though this Duster belongs to my cousin, and he has 2 kids they refuse to sit in the back seat and they claim that they get a nausea and they prefer their old Bolero. So check that factor too. I know some people also complained the same about Verna too. Do you think you can wait till the price declaration by Nissan on Terrano.
@INDIAN thank you very much for your suggestions,
Terrano looks better than duster, if it's priced 50k more than duster Still i can afford it as it will offer more features than duster, but I'm very much worried about nissan after sale service and nissan has only 100 dealers across india,

Top Bottom