Buying a New Hatchback. Budget Rs.5 - 6 Lakhs

Thread Starter #1
Hi Everyone..I in the market to get "my" first car. I am looking at hatches.Details as required below

Your Budget: 5-6 lacs

New or Used: New

Your Location: New Delhi, India

Top Five Priorities: Safety, Comfort, Low Maintenance, Design, Luggage Space(keeping the examples intact that is what I am also looking at

Monthly Running: 200-300 KMs

Type of Fuel: Petrol

For What Purpose: Regular city commute and occasional highway drives

Seating Capacity: Maximum 5 Adults

Type of Segment: Hatch

Options considered till now, Swift VXi, Polo Comfortline, Figo Titanium, Grand I10 (Sportz/Asto (0)). I am mainly confused between Polo and Grand i10 since both are coming to be priced almost similar with Polo lacking safety feature at that trim. But given Polo's build quality and normal brakes, I think its a reasonable choice.But I am stil confused.Need you advice.Also share any other option apart form the ones that I listed above.

Thanks

Thread Starter #2
Re: Buying a new Hatchback. Budget 5-6 Lakhs

I left out one in the list.Have also looke at Brio VMT/S(O)MT

i suggest Polo Or I20 petrol, swift is also good but too many on road.

Thread Starter #4

Thanks Praveen for the suggestion.However I don't want go for I20 as its a bit under powered in petrol and alos goes beyond my budget.The sportz trim is around 6.3 lac OTR delhi.6 lac is a strict upper limit for me. I have ruled out i20, polo still a consideration.What do you think about Grand i10 ?

There are hefty discounts on i20 as well as other petrol variants and now with petrol prices went up more you would be able to fetch more discounts on them.so if you are not considering i20 only cause of the prices then you can try to negotiate and see what deal you get.
Polo yes no doubt about its built quality its superb.Test drive your shortlisted ones and see how comfortable you are with driving quality, refinement space and your needs required.

I would count my votes on Brio and Punto. Adding to your confusion may be but they are better than the list in my view. Do take a TD and follow your heart.

Thread Starter #7

What do you guys think about Grand i10.Had taken a small TD.Felt nice about it.Going for detailed TD next week.Will do some comparo TD also for others so lets see what I get out of it.Not considering brio because of lack of boot space and wife doesn't like it.

I feel better to consider punto over grand i10 for a simple reason that its a 4 cylinder pot and will perform better, incase you have performance as a priority in your box. Its a great handler on the highways especially, like the swift. For me personally, 3 cylinders are a different segment from 4 cylinder. [:)]

Thread Starter #10

But isn't 1.2 Kappa 2 VTVT a 4 cylinder engine.I am looking for petrol hatch as my monthly run is not going to be more than 200 KM.I agree Punto is a good car but i am not a bug fan of its looks hence not going for it.

Oh its a petrol You are looking at. I missed it somehow. Apologies.:stupid: Then yeah its a 4 cylinder.

I have heard (and witnessed to an extent) all good reviews of the petrol version grandi10 especially.
Low NVH
petrol starts seamlessly.
good refinement levels and smooth power.
Torque delivery at low rpms, and within city driving conditions, is satisfactory by petrol standards.
But please make it a point to check its behaviour at high speeds. I have not done that so cant comment on it.

Grandi10 is not doubt good vehicle which carries forward all positive from previous varient and adding one few more in the new launch.

Have you considered Micra Active, the new launch by Nissan? I believe that is equally good competitor and some awesome interiors to look at. Do give it a thought.

Thread Starter #13

I did check out Micra(not active but the previous gen.)but did not get very good feedback on ASS.Any feedback on that?I checked Micra Active, but in pics only, interiors didn't impress me but take a physical look also.

Thanks Praveen for the suggestion.However I don't want go for I20 as its a bit under powered in petrol and alos goes beyond my budget.The sportz trim is around 6.3 lac OTR delhi.6 lac is a strict upper limit for me. I have ruled out i20, polo still a consideration.What do you think about Grand i10 ?
I have not driven Grand i10 but my elder brother driven & he says that car is good in driving & stable at high speed, he test it till 140 & he says brakes is also good, you can consider Grand i10. fuel efficiency of grand i10 & i20 remains almost same.

Hatch and parveen, I have received my grand I10 on 12th this month and I am satisfied with its handling high speed stability (for now I checked at 120 KMPH) and brakes (ABS).

Top Bottom