Buying Dilemma: Hyundai Verna or Volkswagen Vento

Thread Starter #1
Hi folks,
i am new to this forum but i found it extremely helpful to have suggestions and ideas and views of like minded people. i am not a car savvy in past but since now i have to buy my own sedan car i have done lots of home work and ground work to look for it. i have some constraints of finances so i thought i must restrict my self to verna fluidic VTVT and vento comfortline petrol,
now the confusion starts, verna has its own benefits and vento has its own.now my requirement is comfort driving in city as am a doctor not a racer on highways. what about their fuel efficiency and if a taking vento for which am slightly inclined am i going to really lose out much from verna[roll]
???
kindly suggest

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently ended my dilemma and chose the rapid. It is almost identical to the vento but slightly cheaper.
The verna is a good car(especially when it comes to features), but when you go for a test drive sit behind. The suspension doesnt feel very good, but if you are okay with the suspension go for it.
Rapid VS Vento - I'd say Rapid, this is after 2 months of research(multiple forums, ownership reviews, test drives).
However, I'm no expert so I'll let the experts take over.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
take a TD of both the cars.

i have a verna VTVT and i get 9kmpl-11 kmpl in city traffic with 100% AC on in summers.
in winters w\o AC , mileage is about 12-14 kmpl.

have driven around 10000kms. haven't faced an issue. besides the low front bumper quality. i'm happy with my purchase.

i think both the cars will return similar mileage. so it all dpends wgich car will give you more satisfaction. so take a td and tell us your views.

Hi Rishi,

Few time back I had same dilemma. I also checked Vento and Verna only. I was also liked Ford fiesta but couldn’t take time to see/test drive that. I did TD on Vento and Verna. From my experience I only say two thing: if you want a solid built quality sedan car then go for Vento, but if you want a car with lots of feature then go for Verna.

In mine case from the start my 1st choice was Verna only because of its design and style. But my 2nd choice was Vento. So at the end went for Verna. I will get the delivery on 7th Oct.

From my experience bellow thing I experienced:

Verna: The most advantage is in my city Kolkata I will get the spare parts easily at reasonable price. Many service center and shops around the city. Verna is definitely a comfortable car with lots of feature and great design inside and outside in this price. However looks varies man to man. But as per my survey verna is for smooth roads, the suspension is softer and bumpy, High-speed stability and drive confidence is not at 100% mark (above 100kmph). I 1st TD Verna, I’ve been driving since last 10 years, but in 1st start I had no confidence at all, rear view was very less. But later before booking I took TD again and that time it was better. May be its only in my case. I know it will be fine and I will be habituated driving after some time. Hyundai is a Korean car maker so its definitely not a solid build, its had no center column in the chassis, the front bumper is not very strong and with small hit the fog lamps could detach.
Ultimately if you go this car you have to take care it while driving and maintaining services.

Vento: I really liked its built quality, VW is a Garman brand and its definitely build solid cars unlike Korean Hyundai and Japanese Honda (Honda is my best brand though). I checked its chassis and it has a center column which makes the body stronger but a pain for the center person leg room if three person at the rear seat. But its rear seat center cushion is not higher like Verna so comfortable for the center person. Even I’ve heard from the sales guy, don’t know how far its true that in India there have not a single person death in a accident on VW Vento. Beside the built quality, I found most advantage is the rear AC vent and great driving confidence even at higher speed, its suspension is not softer and not bouncy. Also in Vento I got mouth watering discounts, from VW 0% finance to free insurance and many more. But the disadvantages I found is in my city the service center is way too far away from my home and the availability of the spare parts is really a pain, I heard they even sales parts at higher cost as there have no competitor, its like only one SC in your city. Next was the look and feel, outside inside is decent but very normal, just all ok ok. Another thing while driving I found the left right turn indicator gear (on left hand) and wiper control gear (at right hand) are complete opposite than regular Indian cars. So this could be a problem for me during a split second decision as I’ve been driving another car and have to drive our previous car together in future. Features were less, no rear camera, no turn signal light at side mirrors, no power mirror fold, the new vento has many upgrades but I heard from someone its steering phone control doesn’t work, its just a button for show, I didn’t check that so not sure. The ultimate reason for me to reject this car beside lots of mouth watering discounts is this car has NO door locks in 3 doors only central locking at driver side and child locking in both rear doors, don’t know about the front passenger door. I was really shocked to see that. The way child lock works, I really cant use it all time. Even with the child lock one cannot unlock the door from inside, only from outside. I think it’s really great security issue in a country like India, thieves or any bad guy can attack anytime and if you’re in rear seat and if no driver no way to lock the doors quickly. Attackers could open your doors easily.

I didn’t get any single discount for Verna but had to go for it as I had no other choice. All above things are my personal opinion and as per my experience so far.

Last edited:

Top Bottom