Confused: Tata Safari Explorer Edition vs Mahindra XUV500 vs Renault Duster

Thread Starter #1
hi

i want to buy new suv. but confused which one to buy.
i already have m&m scorpio.

please suggest

1. tata safari explorer edition or lx or vx
2. m&m xuv 500
3. duster

somebody told me safari is not good. it will have lot of problems in future with engine and body

thanks

Welcome to TAI sir.

What are your requirements and budget? Could you please lay down your requirements in the format provided below, So that TAI members would be able to help you make right decision.

> Your Budget: (Eg: Rs.7 – 8 Lakh)
> New or Used: (Eg: New Car)
> Your Location: (Eg: New Delhi, India)
> Top Five Priorities: (Eg: Safety, Comfort, Low Maintenance, Design, Luggage Space)
> Monthly Running: (Eg: Between 1,000 – 1,500 Kms)
> Type of Fuel: (Eg: Diesel)
> For What Purpose: (Eg: Regular Use, Off-Roading)
> Seating Capacity: (Eg: Maximum 5 Adults)
> Type of Segment: (Eg: Sedan or MUV)

350Z

Core Team
1. tata safari explorer edition or lx or vx
2. m&m xuv 500
3. duster
You’re welcome to this automotive nirvana first of all. Renault Duster belongs to a different segment. Please elaborate the requirements as suggested above so that we could assist.

somebody told me safari is not good. it will have lot of problems in future with engine and body
Tata Safari has its own share of niggles but then which car doesn’t? New Storme is a leap ahead of the earlier Safari. You’ll find colossal info in this link: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ata-safari-storme-road-test-drive-review.html.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #4
@dharmesh

> Your Budget: 12 lakh
> New or Used: new
> Your Location: ludhiana Punjab
> Top Five Priorities: space, safety
> Monthly Running: 2000 km
> Type of Fuel: Diesel
> For What Purpose: Regular Use
> Seating Capacity: 5
> Type of Segment: suv

XUV surely does not fits into that budget.

So the other 2 choice left are Duster and Storme. I would say go with Storme, but if you want more FE as your running is bit on higher side go with Duster. Both are strictly used as 5 seaters. Although Storme have 2 more side facing seats, but are useless, means only kids can fit in those seats. we have quite few number of Storme owners. You can go through their Ownership threads and have an idea about the issues, if at all there are facing.

If you can stretch your budget you can get XUV W6, with good amount of features and nice MHawk engine. MnM have claimed that with XUV 2.0 they have made the car niggle free.

All the best. :-)

Thread Starter #6
hi thanks dharmesh

i check the review 350z gave for safari
i think its not bad at all. and in safari more space so

i am going with safari [:)]

now i have to decide color and alloys only [:)]

Attachments

Thread Starter #8
@draneeshpm

it is i am happy with my scorpio. i drive
ludhiana to indore
indore to nanded
nanded to indore
indore to sagar
sagar to ajmer
ajmer to ludhiana

almost 4000 km in 14 days without any problem and still great. we need one more car for family thinking to buy safari

Hi Inderjit,
Hope you have test driven Duster,it has an amazing ride quality. Considering your usage I think it will be more suited, if you loathe is styling have a look at Terrano.
Regards,
Aneesh.

Thread Starter #11
duster and Nissan is good but not a beast. i need beast . i have scorpio i like it but didnt have that felling....

safari is i think always beast....

thanks

@draneeshpm

great what is a price of Terrano

its looks good to me

thanks
Nissan has not revealed the price yet , but all say that it will be a bit expensive then duster .
They will be launching the terrano in oct . And btw do you have Nissan a.s.s in your city ? Kindly do a research on that too .
For tata too . Since you own a Scorpio you are aware of the mahindra a.s.s already .
So if tata and Nissan and Renault a.s.s is not so good I would suggest you to go for xuv .

bhvm

Honoured Member
XUV is only possible for him, if he stretches his budget. [;)]
yeah. but xuv w6 makes less sense to me as all the USP is gone. he's better of with safari then. having used 2 safaris before fortuner and xuv 500, it has a place in my heart. also it's Very mod and upgrade friendly vehicle. so OP can install some woofers and lights and stuff.

Top Bottom