Planning To Buy Fiat Punto; Edit: Bought Swift

Thread Starter #1
Guys
i am planing to sell my Ford Fiesta ZXI(D) due to some issue.Pls find the linkhttp://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/technical-zone/14148-ford-fiesta-old-40k-kms-service-done.html

Now i am planing to have either Fiat Grand Punto Dynamic or Chevvy SAIL LS ABS but confused which one to chose.TD both the car and like both but punto has added advantage of higher GC which is 185mm with compare to 168mm in SAIL.In punto i am getting 65k discount and 2.1L for my old car but in SAIL getting 20k discount.Request your suggestion[confused]

Re: Planing to buy Fiat Grand Punto Dynamic(D) or Chevvy Sail LS(ABS)

buddy both of them are good cars but i suggest for Grand Punto as it looks great & solid build. interior & feature is also good as compare to Sail while both have same Diesel engine.

Don't go for Sail, if you think about resale value. This car may not be a success in India due to their engine issues. If they rectified the engine issue, then also people will stay away from this car i think.

Punto is the way to go my friend in comparison of both. But if you bring in more cars like POLO or SWIFT then may be calculation changes as others having higher PROs.

Fiat Grand Punto all the way,its such a brilliant handler and one of the most beautiful hatchbacks on sale in India,if not the most beautiful.

Thread Starter #6

Punto is the way to go my friend in comparison of both. But if you bring in more cars like POLO or SWIFT then may be calculation changes as others having higher PROs.
I am open for other car also like swift,polo,i20 but all the with bare minimum safety features comes in higher price bracket but I am still open for any car,pls suggest..[confused]........

I am open for other car also like swift,polo,i20 but all the with bare minimum safety features comes in higher price bracket but I am still open for any car,pls suggest..[confused]........
Yes that is the issue with other brands, only Punto and Sail provides ABS at middle trim else others don't.

The other car you can think of is Nissan Micra XL(O) Diesel, that is just 4k more than ex showroom price of Punto Dynamic Diesel. Check the link below for the comparison. And also Micra have 1 airbag as well.

Nissan Micra XL (O) Diesel vs Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 Dynamic Car Comparison - Zigwheels.com

Check with the dealers for the discounts. If it is just matter of 20k-30k. Go with Micra. You will get 1 airbag as safety as well and 1.5L nissan engine is the same available in renault's car with different tune of power. It is also known for its longevity and reliability.

All the best. Sorry for adding in more confusion. There is one ownership report for Micra from Sandip. Please refer the link below.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-review-6-months-7000-kms-still-counting.html

Thread Starter #8

Yes that is the issue with other brands, only Punto and Sail provides ABS at middle trim else others don't.

The other car you can think of is Nissan Micra XL(O) Diesel, that is just 4k more than ex showroom price of Punto Dynamic Diesel. Check the link below for the comparison. And also Micra have 1 airbag as well.

Nissan Micra XL (O) Diesel vs Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 Dynamic Car Comparison - Zigwheels.com

Check with the dealers for the discounts. If it is just matter of 20k-30k. Go with Micra. You will get 1 airbag as safety as well and 1.5L nissan engine is the same available in renault's car with different tune of power. It is also known for its longevity and reliability.

All the best. Sorry for adding in more confusion. There is one ownership report for Micra from Sandip. Please refer the link below.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-review-6-months-7000-kms-still-counting.html
I have no problem with Nissan Micra but the matter of worry about micra is GC which is just 150mm and in kolkata roads are having speed breaker like mountain and potholes are are like lake[frustration] so i have to think of GC also

I have no problem with Nissan Micra but the matter of worry about micra is GC which is just 150mm and in kolkata roads are having speed breaker like mountain and potholes are are like lake so i have to think of GC also
If that's the case then close your eyes and buy Punto. [clap]. Punto has the highest GC in it's class. [glasses]. And despite of increased GC ride and handling is not compromised (As what I have read). I have driven dec 2012 Punto. And I dont find much difference with handling and ride with compared to mine (2011 Punto).

All the best mate.

Thread Starter #10

If that's the case then close your eyes and buy Punto. [clap]. Punto has the highest GC in it's class. [glasses]. And despite of increased GC ride and handling is not compromised (As what I have read). I have driven dec 2012 Punto. And I dont find much difference with handling and ride with compared to mine (2011 Punto).

All the best mate.
Being a punto owner what is your suggestion about the reliability of punto and service part of fiat?I dont found more punto on road in kolkata and i think ford ES is more then punto[embarass]

Being a punto owner what is your suggestion about the reliability of punto and service part of fiat?I dont found more punto on road in kolkata and i think ford ES is more then punto
Car is reliable but different people have different experience with TASS. Check the availability of new FASS in your area. In my 1 year and 9 months of ownership I crossed 34000 KM. 2 times I went on tour of 2700 KM in my Punto. Once to Nagpur and then to Rajasthan. I Have not had any major issues with the car, but few hiccups in getting things done from TASS people.

Here is my ownership review if you want can go through it:

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ful-beast-punto-mjd-1-3-crossed-32000-km.html

Thread Starter #12

Car is reliable but different people have different experience with TASS. Check the availability of new FASS in your area. In my 1 year and 9 months of ownership I crossed 34000 KM. 2 times I went on tour of 2700 KM in my Punto. Once to Nagpur and then to Rajasthan. I Have not had any major issues with the car, but few hiccups in getting things done from TASS people.

Here is my ownership review if you want can go through it:

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ful-beast-punto-mjd-1-3-crossed-32000-km.html
In kolkata we have one exclusive Fiat showroom and service center which came out after separation with tata.

In kolkata we have one exclusive Fiat showroom and service center which came out after separation with tata.
It is good then [clap]. Now one day just go their service centre and talk to few FIAT owners if you meet them there about the service they provide. And then make a decision.

I can smell 1 more car added to FIAT's September sales figure. [evil] Trust me at that price range, Punto is complete package.

Thread Starter #14

It is good then [clap]. Now one day just go their service centre and talk to few FIAT owners if you meet them there about the service they provide. And then make a decision.

I can smell 1 more car added to FIAT's September sales figure. [evil] Trust me at that price range, Punto is complete package.
Thanks dharmesh for replying all my queries Patiently[:)]trying hard to convince wife for punto

@Swiftkolkata

I completely agree with Dharmesh about Punto and the new Punto looks more aggressive and awesome !! Yes it is a strongly built car on safety aspect.

Sail Hatch is also a good car in every aspect, but the disappointing is there are some issues reported in their diesel engines recently, so it gives some doubt in my mind

Nissan Micra is an excellent car, but I am not aware of its GC issues

Please check out Vista diesel too, which is complete value for money we have a car of 2012 model and runs excellent without single issue.

Swift and Ritz are good cars but they are poor on safety front with their built quality here Ritz satisfy your GC issue, but many do not like its looks.

I do not opt a Hyundai car either I20 or other car due to its high maintenance costs

Also check out Ford Ecosport, but down side is the waiting period and the rear seat space

Top Bottom