Hyundai Fluidic Verna Diesel AT or Honda City AT?

Thread Starter #1
Folks, please help me choose an automatic car.

I was actually in the market to pick an automatic hatch or small car:
I looked at i10, Micra, Ritz, Dzire, Brio, Amaze

Rejected the:
i10 due to poor mileage
Ritz due to the chopped rear
Dzire due to lack of airbags
Micra thanks to Hover's poor service (rather lack of service)
Brio due to it's toy like shape and limited features
Amaze due to the frequent gear shifting and the terrible engine noise

Finally thought that I should look at bigger auto cars:
Test drove the City and found the basics to be top-notch. Engine, seating, driving, transmission, etc., Feature wise it's a miser. Even the top end version does not offer bluetooth, parking sensor, etc., Seems like an overpriced car. But won't mind purchasing it and adding features. Concerned about mileage. The TD vehicle showed mileage of 7km/ltr. Would like to know the mileage I could expect in city with a/c

Looked at the specs and pictures of Fluidic Verna Diesel Automatic. Thoroughly impressed by the features and looks of the car. I am yet to take the test drive though. Sales person says I could get a mileage of 12 in city with A/c.

It would be great if I could get some feedback from existing owners of Verna Diesel Automatic and City Automatic in this forum. Thanks.

Hi Rafian,
Honda has stopped production of City Automatic,new City is gonna be launched in few months.So you are only left with Verna,I have test driven the Automatic,it is one of the laziest slush box on offer,but as you are used to Santro AT it won't be a deal I guess.If you can wait,Fiesta is gonna get a facelift and a new City is on its way.
Regards,
Aneesh.

Hello rafian , well in this case I'd say you wait for the new city . There is no doubt city has got the best in segment automatic transmission but the present generation city has worked a lot through the years . Moreover as draneeshpm said the city automatic has been discontinued by Honda. On the other hand Hyundai Verna automatic has 4 gears on hand, ratio’s are taller and widely spaced and thus the automatic variant does not accelerate as fast as manual. The Verna automatic will surely deliver around 11-12 in city for petrol and 15-16 for diesel. So if you're need to get the car is soon and if you're driving is city oriented then Verna will do good. If you are ready to wait for the new city well and good go for it. Please provide some more priorities that you expect in your purchase so that we can help you more with your buying process. Btw why not consider Renault duster or ford ecosport.[:)]

Thread Starter #4
Duster does not come with an automatic tranny.
Ford dealers have stopped taking bookings for Ecosport Automatic.

My priorities are:
- ABS and Airbags
- Automatic
- Excellent/comfortable seating for 4
- Good mileage (minimum mileage of 12 in the city with A/c)
- Excellent A.S.S (affordable/reasonable and availability of parts)
- Fairly easy to drive and park in the city
- Price up to ~15L
- Should be able to make long trips (might drive out of Bangalore once a year (max twice).

I think only Verna and ecosport will suit your priorities as per my understanding (excluding city) and if you like Renault scala then TD it. [:)] Ask the ford dealer will the Bookings open anytime soon [;)]

what about cruze tcdi AT

I have driven the manual version of this monster and trust me it is surely is a rocket! Interiors comfort everything is just awesome. Din't get my hands on the auto version but you should definetly give it a try. You can try the vento or the rapid auto as well.

Thread Starter #11
As per the Ford Sales person they are selling only 2012 left over Fiesta Automatics (and other models). They have no clue about the new version, variants and release dates.

Thread Starter #12
Had a chat with an Hyundai service technician and he suggested that I should consider Elantra and not Verna due to Verna's suspension issues. Elantra supposedly is built tough based on the same engine. I am told that the diesel engine in Verna and Elantra are one of the best and very fuel efficient. The Elantra comes with 6 speed automatic transmission.

I am thinking if I go north of 15L then I have to go back to the drawing board and checkout other cars in that price bracket. And is it worth buying essentially a 4 seater automatic for that much money. I might be better off with a fully loaded i10 regardless of the FE.

Thread Starter #14
i10 Grand Automatic will be launched in December 2013. They might sell 2013 models in 2014. I don't know why auto makers release their models so late in the year.

Cruze and Elantra are big cars. Well I think even Scala is a big car. Verna seems a bit more compact in that category. I would've to re-check my requirements. I don't think I need a big car.

I had TD'd the Scala, here's the report:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-test-drive-renault-scala-cvt-petrol-rxl.html

I was not impressed with the Scala.

If you feel these as big cars then try the B2segment automatic hatches. I personally feel i10 automatic is top notch. I drove one of my friend's i10 automatic and it was totally fun to drive. What about polo GT-Tsi ?

Top Bottom