Here are 2 links which might help you in estimating roughly the repair/refurbishment cost of any car you are buying. Although I have mentioned only about petrol cars on those threads, still I feel its worth having a look at. http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/fo...tml#post321717 http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/fo...-new-post.html Indica Yellow board:
I know that this is the least appealing car of the lot, made for taxi, poor plastics blah blah blah... the fact is "INDICA IS A VALUE FOR MONEY CAR". The cab type looks The same car, modified by someone like us :)
Indica is a car that has withstood the abuse for lakhs of kilometers by thousands of cabbies. Etios/Dzire are not even biting a piece of the total market what Indica has.
If you ignore the cab looks of it. You can buy a Indica diesel yellow board for less than 80000/- and spend about 40000 on it and you have a decent, mileage oriented car. You can use it with yellow board itself, no issues whatsoever.
1. Spares are available everywhere, although they are not of great quality, their price is much lesser than MGP or HGP. Low quality spares at low price.
2. 1.5Lacs is not really enough to get a good diesel car.
3. Used diesel car usually means - ABUSED/OVER USED diesel car
4. No matter who sells a diesel car for less than 2lacs, it will have issues which will drain your money eventually in a year or so.
5. The only reason I am suggesting Indica is because - cabs older than 5yrs are not readily accepted at MNC's etc for tie-ups. Hence their resale value is low.
6. getting FC every year is really not that hard.
If you buy a Indica/Indigo then these are to changed for sure.
1. Front & rear bumpers
2. Remove all mother father god names from the car's windshields
3. Alloys (as existing rims will no where look like a circle)
4. Seat sponges & seat covers
5. Headlamps & tail lamps
6. Glow plugs (4nos)
7. Disc/disc brake pads
8. A major service to engine - 15K (replace a few gaskets, few valves, clean the engine, replace timing belt etc)
9. Drive shafts
You should be able to use the car for say about 20,000kms before you get any other major issues. However all this depends on the condition of the car.
Here is a link to a Indica for sale, I just saw in olx just now. I want 2 sell my indica dlx urgently - Bangalore - Cars - Chandra Layout
Indica is really not that bad as people perceive, your budget will easily fit buying+servicing the Indica/ may be even Indigo. Most new diesel cars in India come with Fiat 1.3MJD engine, so these cars will be priced higher than actual value. Please skip
1. Palio D (1.9 I guess) - spares are a nightmare, but car is built like a vault (rock solid)
2. Ford Ikon Diesel - Spares are easily available, but too costly.
3. Esteem & Zen Diesel - They came with a Peugeot engine, spares can be troublesome
Note: Images downloaded from google.