Also today saw one more car, it is a single owner car below are the details Ford Ikon 1.6 Nxt Petrol (top end) with OEM alloys
Owner - A college in Vijaynagar, Bangalore
Contact Person - someone known to the principal +ves
Top end model with factory fit alloys, PW, rear defogger, HPS & AC
Very few dents (dry dents - needs no repainting if that dent is removed) & hardly any scratches
Fantastic engine, great Power & amazing clutch life (still left in it)
Comprehensive insurance valid till Oct 2013
The looks are so good, its quite tough to be cautious while checking the rest of the car
Drive shafts are also still in good condition
All 5 tyres are of good year brand about 8months old
Accident free chassy (no rust & no welding)
Factory paint - no touch ups at all
Windshield also in fantastic condition (minor scratches) OEM
alloys make the car look much younger than its actual age. The best looking Ikons I have seen till date
1. The person interacting is a guy who's not the owner of the car, in case of any issues in near future we have no individual to contact.
2. The driver side locking lever is broken, hence cant be opened from inside
3. Oil leak from the tappet cover (see below pics) & the age of bolts on the tappet cover are different, hinting that the cover was opened & may be the damage inside is too big to repair hence they just put it back without fixing it.
4. Oil leak is so much that it has fallen on the RH drive shaft as well (so drive shaft boots will be giving up pretty soon)
5. AC is a joke, no cooling at all & very minimal power loss (it was raining outside & there is not enough chill to even prevent the fogging on windshield)
6. Only driver seat cover is in pathetic state (rest of the seats are in great condition)
7. Although tyre condition is great - the manufacturing date is not there on any of the tyres!
8. Front left strut is leaking oil
9. Bonnet holding rod is very lose (something missing I guess)
10. Rear doors are too stiff
11. Dikki door wont close easily, we got to bang it real hard
12. Tail lamp damaged on RH
13. dumb ICE - you can barely hear at 22 volume
14. No windshield water at all (motor works though) - shows the amount of care the driver had towards this car.
Asking price 1,05,000/- transfer will be done by the seller.
The above car was too good to resist, my friend fell instantly in love with this car & waited for my nod to go ahead. But somehow I had a strange feeling that something's not right about the car, I have no logical reason for this strange feeling I got about this car.
Also would like to know, approx cost of such repairs on a Ikon (the oil leak part). Any info will be highly helpful.