Volkswagen Vento or Skoda Rapid

Thread Starter #1
This question comes from my friend who is confused between Volkswagen Vento and Skoda Rapid.

As we know that engine and interiors of both the cars are almost same. But, he likes the build of skoda rapid than vento. Now, he heard about their after sales service so he is bending towards vento for that.

Could you guys tell me about the possible issues with skoda's after sales service? We have one dealer giving service in our town and he says that there is no problem with servicing. But, we heard a lot of bad words about that.

Regarding vento, its a good car but handling is not as smooth as skoda rapid and that's the only thing we don't like. Is there is anything else which is against vento?

He is looking for a car which can be driven easily on city roads as well as on hilly areas. Fuel economy is not a big concern and he is looking for diesel variant only.

Thanks... [:)]

The A.S.S of skoda and vento differ from one service center to other.I agree Not as good as other companies.Why does your friend want to go for Vento when he likes better handling in Rapid and also the on Road Price of Rapid is lesser than Vento i think.Your friend could also consider the discounts and freebies he would be getting

Rapid would be better choice over Vento.

Last edited:
Rahul,it only boils down to the respective service centres.Go for the better after sales service in his area.Is there any specific reason why he is not considering New Ford Fiesta and Fiat Linea?

Skoda is a subsidiary of VW only and the information going strong over internet is that all VW (VW/Skoda/ Audi) share horrible ghost instances. But said that, it all depends on the individual dealers as well. So if in your area the dealer and servicing is fine (try getting an unbiased opinion from someone who owns either in your city), go for it. In India the real face of the service providers becomes visible only when something goes wrong. So even though I pray to God, it doesnt happen to anyone, but I would still ask you to keep fingers crossed just in case the bought car has any manufacturing defect or meets an accident.

Coming to vento vs rapid, both are equally similar in build (underpinnings are same). Rapid does increase on engine refinement and is much fun to drive.

It is Rapid just like an Octavia and Skoda handles better than VW these days. Rapid is more refined and looks like a better sedan than Vento to me.

Ask you friend to check the Sunny which is value for money caaaaaar !!

Rapid looks better than the Vento and as Gurrala said it's more refined.

Also they have a leisure model on sale these days. Which has stuff like:
1. Alloys
2. Rear View camera and sensors
3. Navigation
4. Leather seat covers
5. Driver airbag
6. Door sill
7. ABS
8. Leisure Badge.

And they have priced it pretty well keeping in mind what they are offering.

IMO both cars the same, they might differ on very small issues as far as the product goes, but on A.S. S. part i believe Vw is ahead of Skoda, although it depends upon your local dealer in the end but VW is perceived as a better service provider than skoda.

I too had the same confusion last year but went with Rapid. I would suggest to check service feedback of local dealer and then make a decision. Rapid is a winner in looks as well as Skoda has tried to make improvements on some "problems" in Vento like cabin noise, handling and suspension.

I recently booked a rapid, the leisure model makes things extremely attractive. If you are looking at finance they are offering a 5 year warranty with zero dep insurance.

Top Bottom