Looking For a Petrol Hatcback Within 6 Lakhs

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

I am looking for a Petrol hatch within 5 to 6 Lakhs

> My Budget: Rs.5 – 6 Lakh

> New or Used: New Car

> My Location: Chennai, India

> Top Five Priorities: Comfort, Economy, Stylish, After sales service, Luggage Area)

> Monthly Running: Around 1000 Kms or Less

> Type of Fuel: Petrol

> For What Purpose: Regular

> Seating Capacity: Max. 5 Adults

> Type of Segment: Hatchback

I have shortlisted Polo, Punto, Pulse, Swift and i20....

It would be helpfull if some one can help me in finalizing one from the above or any other model apart from these

PS: Not interested in Indica/Figo

> Top Five Priorities: Comfort, Economy, Stylish, After sales service, Luggage Area)
Looking at your requirements i would recommend you to go for i20. It will fit perfectly in your budget.

I have shortlisted Polo, Punto, Pulse, Swift and i20....
Punto is a great hatch but looking at the A.S.S and the limited dealership network i won't suggest that and also if i am not wrong it's due for a facelift.

Now between Polo, swift and i20 when it comes to space i20 is the best option as space is very intelligently and evenly divided. You have good legroom in front, enough in the rear and decent boot space as well.
Polo has huge boot space but cramped rear legroom and with swift rear legroom is okay and boot space is not that much.

And coming to interiors and features again i20 is step ahead. So my take i20.

I would suggest the following priority

1) i20
2) Swift
3) punto
4) polo
5) pulse

FE of swift is better than i20 but i20 is more comfortable.

I20 & vista are true five seaters,Though Tatas are improving fast, hyundais are better on ASS front.
Rest are practically four seaters.

BTW, what's the GC requirement?, potholes and bumps on the road you frequent would further determine your decision.

Hi spavendhan,
If you give equal importance to all your 5 parameters, then it's only a call between Swift and i20.If you take handling into consideration Swift wins hands down.If you are a sedate driver and likes gizmos i20 is the one.Hope this helps.
Regards,
Aneesh.

i20 is surely a great car. But it's petrol edition is a little underpowered. If your driving is limited to city only, then that wouldn't be a problem, I think. Otherwise, you may stretch a little more budget and may think about i20 diesel.

agree. i20 petrol is seriously underpowered. Its diesel version is much better. Get a diesel if you could. You need a petrol buy a Honda. Punto is equally good too.

with 1000km a month, diesel would make better sense.

check out swift d, polo d, i20 crdi and mahindra Vibe and etios liva D.

See which suite's your priorities well enough

Top Bottom