Planning To Buy Ertiga. Please Advise.

Thread Starter #1
Hello Friends,

I have seen this group on internet and need your advise. I am planning to buy Ertiga VXi ABS. But I have got apprehensive reading issues for Oil leak, Power steering issue and vibration.

People who have owned ertiga from 5-6 months, please comment will it be a good purchase ?

Also, is the third row unasable even after sliding the second row ? I have seen Adult persons travelling in Ertiga 3rd row, though I am not sure for comfort and the length you can travel.

Request you all to comment and thanks for all your help.

Thanks,
Sandeep

Re: Planning to buy Ertiga, please advise

Hello Friends,

I have seen this group on internet and need your advise. I am planning to buy Ertiga VXi ABS. But I have got apprehensive reading issues for Oil leak, Power steering issue and vibration.

People who have owned ertiga from 5-6 months, please comment will it be a good purchase ?

Also, is the third row unasable even after sliding the second row ? I have seen Adult persons travelling in Ertiga 3rd row, though I am not sure for comfort and the length you can travel.

Thanks,
Sandeep
Sandeep welcome to TAI

Kindly read this thread you will get all the information

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...uzuki-ertiga-zdi-bought-ownership-review.html

Read it backwards so you get the latest info . And there are other ownership reports too which you can read till some owners can come and guide you .

Hello Friends,

Thanks,
Sandeep
Hi sandeep welcome to TAI. Ertiga is a good choice I am using a desiel varaint for past 5 months clocked 7k kms in ODO. I am using for daily commute to office. This is 6th car I own realy VFM. I am a NRI who drove lot of vehicles abroad. I tried TD of cars till 13L but Ertiga clicked me for clear interiors, better space management and FE. In India FE is main feature we see. Maruti cars gives a constant FE in long time FE. I get FE around 17 to 19 in city with 100% AC. If you feel ertiga as van like some people call it then this would not be right car for you. 3rd row is not comfortable for 6 footers. I use third row for kids and people who are less than 5.11 feet tall. I was looking for a 7 seater with VFM within 10L maruti had it.

Last edited:

Warm welcome to TAI Sandeep.

I own a Ertiga VXi ABS since 4 months and clocked 4k kms.So far not a single problem I faced and I would highly recommend this car to any one who needs a perfect family vehicle. You can comfortably use all 3 rows of seats for long distance as it's unlikely that every one in a family is above 6 feet tall [:D].

If you have any other doubt do ask here and we can help you as soon as possible.

I completely disagree with those who thinks Ertiga looks like a Van.

Thread Starter #5
Raja, Kinky and Hitesh, thank you all for your prompt responses. A read the thread and the responses and everything is quite encouraging to me to decide for Ertiga.

Hitesh - As you have the same model that I am planning to but - Vxi ABS, can you please comment on the fuel economy that you are getting in City and Highway. As you have already clocked 4k in 4 months, it seems you mostly use it on highways. Have you ever gone for a 300-500 km ride with all 7 passengers ? If yes, would surely want to know your overall experience.

Once again, thank you all for your responses.

Hello Friends,

Thanks,
Sandeep
If you are looking for a 7 seater with around 8 lac budget then ERTIGA is the best among all.

Mine is ERTIGA ZXi with just 1 month & 2000KM old. I have done 3-4 long drive with 5 to 7 passengers with luggage.
I never found the car was under power with AC on.

All the passenger happy with the comfort.

Here is my car ownership review:

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...i-ertiga-zxi-buying-ownership-experience.html

I have been using Ertiga ZDI car for 4 months & 7000kms now. It is in an amazing car which provides practicality of UV, with driveability & economy of a Sedan. I am unsure of your priorities. But if you are looking for an spacious urban car, with flexibility to stretch as UV for additional set of friends & family, this is the car for you. As someone mentioned it is VFM too.

There are no mechanical issues in my car so far. I believe, the oil leak issue you are discussing is also an exception because there aren't many people who have reported this issue. One thing which annoys me in the car is wind noise above 80kmph, which I am told can be rectified.

Space is not an issue at all. When you need all 3 rows, you can easily adjust 1st and 2nd rows to make all 3 rows comfortable. We have been on 400km journey in a single day with 6 passengers without much strain. However, when you don't need the 3rd row, you can remove the head rests and fold down which will help in getting another 3 -4 inches space for middle row. This configuration provides amazing comfort for 5 passengers with loads of luggage. If you have 5 passengers with less luggage, you can leave 3rd row upright and push 2nd row all the way back, which creates amazing leg room for second row passengers.

I was apprehensive too about some of the aspects above before buying. But after buying, I can confidently say space is not an issue with this car. You can configure seating in innumerable ways to find comfortable configuration for your needs. We in fact managed to create a flat bed too for my son by folding one side of the second row.

Only thing missing in the car IMO, is 50:50 split seat in last row which would have provided some more configuration options.

Last edited:
ertiga automatic was launched in Indonesia in may this year. The car is built in India and exported. Rumors are that Maruti is planning to launch it in India also.

Hello Friends,

Thanks,
Sandeep
I am also planning to buy an ertiga VXI ABS. Any body please tell me about which reverse camera in good? Also i like to change the existing Audio system with LCD display with Blue tooth and reverse camera connectivity.

I am also planning to buy an ertiga VXI ABS. Any body please tell me about which reverse camera in good? Also i like to change the existing Audio system with LCD display with Blue tooth and reverse camera connectivity.
Only 1 model reverse camera is available from MGA.

If you do not bother about warranty then there are plenty of options in open market with various price ranges.

Maruti has some model of music system with LCD screen . I saw some model in Pune MGA store. But the choice is very limited. Do not know if these model have reverse camera connectivity.

So if you do not bother about your car warranty then you have so many option / combination to choose from.

Last edited:
Hello Friends,

Since you are going for VXi model its a petrol model and it should not have any vibrations.

Also I dont think Maruti vehicles have oil leak problems.

Its a very nice vehicle go for it.

ertiga automatic was launched in Indonesia in may this year. The car is built in India and exported. Rumors are that Maruti is planning to launch it in India also.
I own a vdi and never felt huge truck like engine noise like in ford or any much vibrations nor a oil leak. Do TD before finalizing.

Top Bottom